Scheifele suspended 4 Games

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
How would our fans base reacted to the same hit from Scheifele to Auston Mattews? Honest answer please. Here lies the problem. I would say for easily 95% of the fans (of all teams) players safety is relevant only when the victim is a player of their own team. As longas this will not change the seriousness of the NHL toward players safety wont change.

The NRL (rugby league) in Australia regularly bans between 2 to 5 players every week. You can see here how much more serious they are about it here : Round 13 charges: Storm pair facing bans
There would be a bunch that give the others a bad name, no doubt about it, but for me the players health is bigger than the game. I’m not a leaf hater and I’m actually a fan of AM as I am for most skill players. I certainly wouldn’t be looking to rub salt in the wound or be visiting the Leaf board trying to explain why the play was fine.

When Perry accidentally clipped JT with his knee and I seen JT attempt to get up, but couldn’t I found it completely horrifying, doesn’t matter that he’s on the opposing rivals squad. I even went to the leafs board and told them good luck and I wish JT well that no one ever wants to see hockey plays go wrong like that.

The just bleed crowd aren’t all Jets fans, we have them too. Ours are just as ignorant as theirs.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Jets fans still think the hit was legal like give me a god damn break. Schiefele's shoulder was down and ready for a hit at the top of the crease meaning he could have stopped the wrap around with his stick easily. He also wasn't even looking at the puck at all and had his eyes on Evans the whole damn time. If someone was trying to stop a goal from happening would they not at least look at the puck once? Schiefele also puts his stick to the side of him reducing his chances of stopping the wrap around because he lined up for a hit. Also whats faster using your stick to cover the distance from the top of the crease to the post or physically moving your whole body to throw a body check on Evans? People really need to use there god damn brains. This "oh but you dont know what Schiefele was thinking" BS excuse doesn't fly and Jets fans need to shut the f*** up because it was predatory and unneeded hit.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
His feet were not on the ground on the pic I posted? Can you show me what you mean?
Buddy, unless he's Superman and flew the length of the ice to hit Evans, you'll see his feet on the ice. That does not mean that after picture you posted, he could not or did not jump and making his feet leave the ice, which he did.

The play did not end at the freeze frame you posted, keep watching and you'll see he jumped into the check hitting Evans in the head with his shoulder.

Scheifele would have had 9ft reach with that stick if he wanted to play the puck and would have continued to skate, move his feet and position his stick to poke check the puck. Instead he chose to stop skating and throw a nasty hit.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
#StupidSexyRoidRageScheifele

full

:scared:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Jets fans still think the hit was legal like give me a god damn break. Schiefele's shoulder was down and ready for a hit at the top of the crease meaning he could have stopped the wrap around with his stick easily. He also wasn't even looking at the puck at all and had his eyes on Evans the whole damn time. If someone was trying to stop a goal from happening would they not at least look at the puck once? Schiefele also puts his stick to the side of him reducing his chances of stopping the wrap around because he lined up for a hit. Also whats faster using your stick to cover the distance from the top of the crease to the post or physically moving your whole body to throw a body check on Evans? People really need to use there god damn brains. This "oh but you dont know what Schiefele was thinking" BS excuse doesn't fly and Jets fans need to shut the f*** up because it was predatory and unneeded hit.

Jets fans are basically the equivalent of trailer park fans.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
His feet being on the ice is irrelevant. Charging is when a player takes a significant distance and aims to physically check.
What made it a charge is how he essentially skated from one end to the other and had zero intention on playing the puck.
It's not just about whether or not he leaped off the ice.

It reminded me a little bit of Colby Armstrong tagging koivu behind the net, except scheifele came in with even more speed.

It's one of the most vulnerable areas to be a puck carrier if there is a predator out there who has no other intention other laying you out.

It felt like we went back in time over a decade ago with that play.

Reactions: FloJack

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
How would our fans base reacted to the same hit from Scheifele to Auston Mattews? Honest answer please. Here lies the problem. I would say for easily 95% of the fans (of all teams) players safety is relevant only when the victim is a player of their own team. As long as this will not change the seriousness of the NHL toward players safety wont change. I've seen countless of time CH fans argue with me that a similar hit to the one Scheifele made to Evans was a hockey play.

The NRL (rugby league) in Australia regularly bans between 2 to 5 players every week. You can see how much more serious they are about it here : Round 13 charges: Storm pair facing bans

I wouldn't like it, I don't want to see guys get their heads taken off in this way. I hated the Kadri hit, the Wilson display no tolerance for head shots. How did Stanley not get a fine for that elbow on Perry? Zero tolerance for vicious head-shots.

NHLPA is such a mickey mouse organization, they do nothing to protect the players.

Reactions: Walrus26

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
What a f***ing idiot this guy is. The more I hear him talk the more I don't like him. What a POS

You made the hit dumbass...

loved one poster on twitter wished him a couple of torn acl as karma.
I guess i would second that

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What a f***ing idiot this guy is. The more I hear him talk the more I don't like him. What a POS

You made the hit dumbass...

The POS takes no personal responsibility for his actions. Instead of showing contrition and asking about Evans or perhaps attempting to reach out to him, he’s turning this whole thing into a pity party.

So this is the exemplary behavior that Jets fans claimed Scheifele is all about? Friggin’ pathetic homerism.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Who cares?!
He can talk all he wants. The Habs will play.
That’s fine by me.

Reactions: 1909

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
Still cant own up to his stupid and selfish decision that resulted in a terrible injury. Guy should be apologizing to Evan's for hurting him so bad and then to his team mates and fans for getting himself suspended and making their series that much harder.

He chose to run the guy so the results of that action are his own fault not DOPS.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
The POS takes no personal responsibility for his actions. Instead of showing contrition and asking about Evans or perhaps attempting to reach out to him, he’s turning this whole thing into a pity party.

So this is the exemplary behavior that Jets fans claimed Scheifele is all about? Friggin’ pathetic homerism.
Man does laine look a good kid now , when he said he not confortable with the culture.
I think laine is a well brought up kid. and this shit culture was not for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad