2019 Stanley Cup Final Schedule - BRUINS vs St. Louis

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The real tragedy about the wait is I now have a decision to make about my Finals manicure. I was planning to get a mani/pedi today (life without hockey, amirite) but if I get the playoff mani today it will be pretty haggered by the end of the round.

I think the strategy here is go for a regular polish mani today which usually lasts about a week and then next Saturday go back for the playoff mani.

Pls advise.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I’m about to go into a self induced 200 hour coma.

Hoping I wake up well rested in case any of the Final games go to OT.

Tell TP, I’ll miss him.

upload_2019-5-18_7-59-4.jpeg

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Bleh I hte that game one is Monday instead of Sunday

Would have liked to sneak in a game before a non work day as opposed to a work day

QUESTION:

The last time the bruins won the cup (a Wednesday), they kindly held the parade on Saturday ...would they do this again? I’d really like to go if so but have no sick time and I’d probably have my head lopped off if I tried to go...everyone would know exactly why I was out :laugh:

Reactions: Strafer

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The real tragedy about the wait is I now have a decision to make about my Finals manicure. I was planning to get a mani/pedi today (life without hockey, amirite) but if I get the playoff mani today it will be pretty haggered by the end of the round.

I think the strategy here is go for a regular polish mani today which usually lasts about a week and then next Saturday go back for the playoff mani.

Pls advise.
I think this is the best plan of attack. What colors were you planning to do for the playoffs?

I need my nails done and would love to change the color but I’m not sure the salon has the light yellow dip powder I’ve been looking for.

If I get them done I’ll go after work one day next week.

Do you normally do gel nails?

Reactions: Strafer

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I think this is the best plan of attack. What colors were you planning to do for the playoffs?

I need my nails done and would love to change the color but I’m not sure the salon has the light yellow dip powder I’ve been looking for.

If I get them done I’ll go after work one day next week.

Do you normally do gel nails?

I mix up the gels and regular polish because too much gel makes my nails weak. I’ve had naked nails for a while because I’ve been too busy to squeeze it in. When I do regular I go with a light color so when it starts to chip it’s not that noticeable.

Finals manicure plan is black with gold glitter over it and a solid gold ring finger nail.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
An unflappable team which has overcome many injuries, bad calls, made comebacks, has blown leads and still won, has come back from down 3-2 and 2-1. They don't give a f*** except about playing for the guy next to them and winning. Extra rest won't matter except maybe for the goalie. Hope they keep him busy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I mix up the gels and regular polish because too much gel makes my nails weak. I’ve had naked nails for a while because I’ve been too busy to squeeze it in. When I do regular I go with a light color so when it starts to chip it’s not that noticeable.

Finals manicure plan is black with gold glitter over it and a solid gold ring finger nail.
I love my natural nails but they break easily and gel peels right off so I do dip powder and it lasts about a month.

My current color has a 6 game win streak but I’m tired of lilac

I got these Feb 16 through March 11 and the B’s were 9-1-1

full

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
If the series goes 7 games and the Bruins win I'll probably miss the parade, as I have my CFA exam on that Saturday, then off to Vancouver for the draft on the 16th.

So please win in in 6 or less :)

Reactions: rfournier103

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
As I said in the NHL playoff thread, IF the Bruins win I am coming to Boston for the parade. I don't care how much it costs, I am not going to miss it. I missed the 2011 parade and this could be my last chance to see one.
My thinking also ,was actually starting to make some preliminary plans against Chicago-to come ,I felt I might have jinxed them, ,won’t be doing it this time ,won’t be making any plans until Chara lifts the Cup.But I don’t agree with this last chance thing ,unless you’re a lot older than me.Lol

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Pls advise.
OMG. SAME!

Reactions: Alicat

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Not sure where else to put this so I'll throw it out here... I wonder who they're going to bring in as banner captains. In 2011 they had Neely do Game 3, Orr for game 4 and Milt Schmidt for Game 6. They just had Orr for the ECF.

I'm sure they'll have Neely do one game. Beyond that, I don't know who else they might consider. It would be nice to see someone from the 2011 squad. Ference? Recchi? Thornton?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not sure where else to put this so I'll throw it out here... I wonder who they're going to bring in as banner captains. In 2011 they had Neely do Game 3, Orr for game 4 and Milt Schmidt for Game 6. They just had Orr for the ECF.

I'm sure they'll have Neely do one game. Beyond that, I don't know who else they might consider. It would be nice to see someone from the 2011 squad. Ference? Recchi? Thornton?
Gotta be Brady and Papi

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
600 dollars USD for nose bleeds....then I have to pay 400 for flights and then more for a place to stay, all for game 1. I think I'm going to have to do it, as much as it hurts my wallet I know I won't regret it and what a way it would be to watch my first Bruins game in Boston.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I doubt it would be Recchi or Thornton since they are still employed by NHL teams. Maybe Ference, that would be awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad