2019 Stanley Cup Final Schedule - BRUINS vs St. Louis

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think this is the best plan of attack. What colors were you planning to do for the playoffs?

I need my nails done and would love to change the color but I’m not sure the salon has the light yellow dip powder I’ve been looking for.

If I get them done I’ll go after work one day next week.

Do you normally do gel nails?
Don’t they have gold at your salon? I thought the Bruins colors are black and gold. But come to think about it, yes their unis are yellow and black. Good luck in your powder search.

Reactions: Strafer

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Don’t they have gold at your salon? I thought the Bruins colors are black and gold. But come to think about it, yes their unis are yellow and black. Good luck in your powder search.
I’ll probably get the black and gold

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The long rest is a good thing.
Bruins will be ready to go.
They know they are the best team all around.
They know what it takes to get things done.
They've done it till now, adapt to whatever comes their way.
They know the cup his theirs and are ready for it.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I mean, it's not ideal, but the teams with more rest that lost in the past is just a fun fact, it means nothing to this year's Bruins. Just one of those things that can be looked at later. If the Bruins win, then the rest didn't hurt them. If they lose, then maybe it hurt them. It only has meaning after the fact.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
I think the team will be fine and opening at home will make coming out if the gate even easier . It will more than likely be us that have to shake off the rust not the players . Good thing I recorded most of our wins this playoffs . I have quite a few episodes of Naked and Afraid that I haven’t watched too to kill the week off :)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
If they win I hope they do the parade on June 15th regardless of how long the series goes. (I’ll settle for June 8th if it is short though I strongly doubt it and the bruins winning is a coin flip to begin with)

But June 15th would be cool cus it’s the anniversary of 2011’s win.

Let’s get savvy down here for a game ceremony or otherwise

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I love my natural nails but they break easily and gel peels right off so I do dip powder and it lasts about a month.

My current color has a 6 game win streak but I’m tired of lilac

I got these Feb 16 through March 11 and the B’s were 9-1-1

full
Kinda reminds me of the top of Tuukkaaaa's mask!:laugh:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
How about Timmy T?

I kind of doubt that - Dale Arnold's book described Tim Thomas as "living in a bunker in Colorado". While I'm sure there's some writer's hyperbole there, Thomas certainly seems to keep a low profile, considering he's the favorite player from the 2011 team for many fans.

Here are this year's captains (each with a Special Olympian):
Round 1: Johnny Bucyk, Rob Gronkowski, Marc Savard, Julian Edelman
Round 2: Jaylen Brown, Aly Raisman, David Andrews
Round 3: Ray Bourque, Bobby Orr

I was surprised they brought out Orr for the ECF, especially when it was guaranteed that another game would be played - that's the big gun you bring out for the Cup or Game 7, but maybe it was a scheduling thing.

Looking at the retired numbers that haven't gone this year, Esposito, Neely, Middleton, and O'Reilly are the living legends. Espo's the voice of the Bolts and is pretty tied to their legacy, so...who knows. Middleton did it in 2014, and O'Reilly did it in 2011. Middleton seems like a natural choice, considering he got raised this year, but..maybe more of a Round 1?

We did get our "2011 champ" with Savard...sort of. He may not have been automatically eligible, but he did get his name on the Cup via a well-deserved petition. (They'd likely petition Miller, too, who's 3 games shy, and I have no idea what the criteria are for considering a petition, but if it's "would have definitely played if not injured", then he'd be on it.)

I like the idea of Brady and Papi. Maybe Pedro. Maybe Bird, Ainge, McHale or Parish?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I kind of doubt that - Dale Arnold's book described Tim Thomas as "living in a bunker in Colorado". While I'm sure there's some writer's hyperbole there, Thomas certainly seems to keep a low profile, considering he's the favorite player from the 2011 team for many fans.

I was surprised they brought out Orr for the ECF, especially when it was guaranteed that another game would be played - that's the big gun you bring out for the Cup or Game 7, but maybe it was a scheduling thing.

Looking at the retired numbers that haven't gone this year, Esposito, Neely, Middleton, and O'Reilly are the living legends. Espo's the voice of the Bolts and is pretty tied to their legacy, so...who knows. Middleton did it in 2014, and O'Reilly did it in 2011. Middleton seems like a natural choice, considering he got raised this year, but..maybe more of a Round 1?

We did get our "2011 champ" with Savard...sort of. He may not have been automatically eligible, but he did get his name on the Cup via a well-deserved petition. (They'd likely petition Miller, too, who's 3 games shy, and I have no idea what the criteria are for considering a petition, but if it's "would have definitely played if not injured", then he'd be on it.)

I like the idea of Brady and Papi. Maybe Pedro. Maybe Bird, Ainge, McHale or Parish?
I’d love to see Nathan Horton

Without him there is no 2011 Cup

I would love to see him and hopefully find out he’s feeling well and life is good

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Middleton is around all the time, so he doesn’t have the “wow factor”. Needs to be someone that isn’t around the team all the time.

Neely being the exception given his legend status and his current role on the team.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If the Bruins can win the cup this year, we (myself, daughter, son in-law) are making the trip from Ottawa to Boston for the parade, I regret not going to the 2011 one. Stoked for the finals, like our chances against either the Sharks or Blues.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Middleton is around all the time, so he doesn’t have the “wow factor”. Needs to be someone that isn’t around the team all the time.

Neely being the exception given his legend status and his current role on the team.

Bring back Samsonov, flag might be too heavy for him though:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad