Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
STL was a really good road team and average home team. That's why I thought the games in STL would be a huge factor in Boston winning or not. Had they taken a 3 games in STL, were having a parade.
There where so many missed opportunities, when we pause and analyze it we'll be realizing that this team needs that killer instinct. This is one think that's missing with this team, the ability to kill it. Instead we wait till our backs are against the wall. It needs to change if we want to be in the next level.

Bruins4Life136

Apr 30, 2019
There where so many missed opportunities, when we pause and analyze it we'll be realizing that this team needs that killer instinct. This is one think that's missing with this team, the ability to kill it. Instead we wait till our backs are against the wall. It needs to change if we want to be in the next level.

Couldn’t put two great back to back games. Again can’t go 1-3 at home and expect to win a series. I am sure these guys are feeling it today but they have no one to blame but themselves.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I am incredibly disappointed that the Bruins lost but yesterday I spent hours in Emergency with my 86 year old Dad, who thankfully is going to be okay. It puts things in perspective but Bruins hockey is my escape so at the same time it breaks my heart. We had two months of hockey that other fans didn't get, the outcome sucks but I'll be back in 3 months seeing how training camp is going. It is a team sport, I hate blaming single players. Sometimes the other team wins, plain and simple, it isn't about who wants it more, sometimes the bounces don't favour your team, sometimes it is injuries hampering players, but I find the blame game very frustrating.

Thank you Bruins for excellent hockey this season. It has been fun. Rest up, recover, come back next season even better.
Best recovery to your dad. That's what's Important. Hockey is just a game.

Reactions: Trizz617 and caz16

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Seguin was setting up Kaspars Daugavins with wide open nets in that SCF and he couldn’t hit the ocean.

Pastrnak and Marchand both had horrendous series that likely cost them the Cup, but I hope they learned from that Seguin debacle not to overreact too early.

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Blues proved to be the better and more resilient team, winning games 5 and 7 on the road.

People need to give them some credit

The Blues played there best hockey on the road this playoff run. They beat all the teams on the road.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Pathetic league. The reason why the upsets don’t happen like this in the NBA? There aren’t two sets of rules for the regular season and then playoffs. The best teams are allowed to be the best and inferior teams don’t get away with infractions in the name of fairness. Berubes’ rant after game 3 ( a game in which the blues had more pp than Boston) worked. Outside of puck over glass and high sticking the Blues were allowed free reign to commit penalties with impunity. The Bruins should have followed suit and forced the issue and committed penalties and made the refs make the calls.
Having said that, the top line wears the goat horns, all 3 of them were putrid this series. Feel bad for Tuukka, McAvoy, Krug, Carlo, Coyle, and Kuraly.
My complete sentiments. But that Game 5 was a joke to say the least, evident uncalled, slew foot, and multiple head shots, clutching and holding infractions was hilarious to say the least and speaks volumes in itself about the joke this league is.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I am devastated.

On the other hand, my daughter stayed up all night to watch with me. One of my earliest sports watching events as a child was watching game 7 of the Red Sox Mets world series. They can't all be the greatest day, but both will be memories I cherish.

Looking forward to next season.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The Bruins got as far as they did because of their Power Play and there goaltending,last night they kind of lost because of them.They only had the one power play as a result they couldn’t scored enough,and Rask had an off night.Unfortunately it happens in game sevens.It is a huge disappointment,but really I think game two and 5 is where they lost this series.Sadly I think they blew a golden opportunity,really other than the Leafs,I feel they had a relatively easy path to the finals.Don’t expect it next season,

Reactions: trenton1

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Next year is going to be a write off in terms of a deep playoff run. It rarely happens to teams who go deep in the preceding year. This was the year with the Caps and TB out and we should have been able to beat the Blues. You can look forward to the " Perfection Line " wracking up the points in the regular season but when the going gets tough they disappear, sure we will hear how injured they are, but it seems like some of these guys like Bergeron are always injured. For me I am dialing back big time on watching all of their regular season games, maybe only watch 30 or so games. My frustration is not only with the Bruins continual failure to come up big in the finals, sans 2011, but the horrific officiating which makes it extremely frustrating to take. How a two bit thug coach like Berube can dictate to the league how the finals should be officiated is a joke, as is this league.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
My complete sentiments. But getting away with an evident uncalled, slew foot in that game 5 and multiple head shots, clutching and holding infractions was hilarious to say the least and speaks volumes in itself about the joke this league is.

Those images will never be erased from my mind, there's letting them play then there is what we saw this year. Not the same thing at all. What we saw this year is called turning a blind eye.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
As a fan in Ontario I won my cup when the Bruins destroyed the Leafs again. Still stings like a bitch not winning last night. With all the hits the Bruins took in these playoffs I was thinking they would lose through attrition because of injuries. Not the biggest roughest team in the NHL.
I think size and grit can be a factor. Bruins have to be given credit for making it to the final series basically on skill. The Blues were a bang and crash type of team. They made NHL history bring in last place in January. Their system just worked better than their opponents. They also got a gift of solid goaltending in the final game when they were out worked for a lot of minutes. They will be back.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
ugh.. i havent commented the whole playoffs , just because comments tend to get out of hand around this time of year.. but i will say this.. i watched almost every single game start to finish and after watching that first period i just had a knot in my stomach because i felt like i knew the outcome.. that was kind of the bruins calling card this year.. flat out domination but couldnt get the puck to cross the line..and it may just be me, but it seemed like st. louis was destined to win.. every bounce, loose puck, deflected pass, board battle just seemed to go their way.. im not saying goals , i just mean in general play.. we got to watch another stanley cup with our team in it.. it will be extremely tough to get back there with the atlantic becoming one of the better divisions. heck of a year.. good foundation for the future looking forward to next year

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Doing my best to avoid cliche people who will say cliche things like “They blew it.” and “I’m sorry they lost.”.

So far, not having much luck on that front.

Cap and lanyard have been retired until October.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
100 % this is on Cassidy. If your starting bad call a friggin time out. Change goaltenders. Tell your players to drop the gloves. Yell break sticks throw water bottle. Do something. Try!!! Care !! What we got was shocking. Game friggin 7 cup right there. Lose if you have too but with blood on our sweater. Nothing.

It's not on the coach. It's not on the goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad