Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
To be honest, I don't remember Seguin even being a turnover machine. I remember him just being out there shift after shift. But I don't remember him coasting and giving up puck like Pasta did all postseason long.

Marchand and Pasta put up a lot of pts in the playoffs this year, but they gave up a ton of goals as well. I look at their stat lines and it just doesn't reflect how I felt they played.

Seguin had 9 giveaways that playoff season. Pasta had 26. He was also a -7 in the SC. Seguin was a -1

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I remember how Q broke up Kane - Toews - Byfuglien in 2010 after 4 games against Pronger and it worked.
But there's no guarantee for that.
I sure would have liked if Cassidy had tried that, but you know ... had it gotten worse everyone would have complained about how he could break up that 3rd line ... which was kinda the only line that was any good over the entire series.

Who cares we were getting shut out. If it was terrible the result would still be the same - getting shut out. I would have liked to have done something even if it failed.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Bruins came out great after the first few minutes.
It was great, they start shooting from the outside, from every angle, weak shots.
Then came the first deflected goal. Ok we got this.
Then came the 2nd goal. Ok we got this, Bruins are totally dominating the Blues, they need to regroup and be more selective in their shots and make plays to beat Benny .

We got this, wife was nervous after the 2nd goal.
I thought Bruins would come flying in the 2nd.
No adjustments more of the same.
3rd period again I thought adjustments, motivation, we only have 20 minutes to get the cup let's do this king of thing...
More of the same, I still believed even after the 3rd goal.
As time was running out before the 4th goal it was sad that the whole team including coaching staff had no answers.
Its G7 SCF ffs.
I'm not mad nor stressed, it hurts yes.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Seguin had 9 giveaways that playoff season. Pasta had 26. He was also a -7 in the SC. Seguin was a -1
And to think i was pissed off and done with Seguin after that post season. Know I know why I am feeling the same way about Pasta as he was way way worse.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
And to think i was pissed off and done with Seguin after that post season. Know I know why I am feeling the same way about Pasta as he was way way worse.

Cassidy should have reunited the dominant possession no turnover line of 63-37-43 but blatantly refused. He was outcoached by a guy who couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Finally dragged myself into bed at 2 last night. Sat awake for a loooong time, woke up angry several times and was up at 7. I should’ve taken the day off

Reactions: trenton1

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
So any predictions of when we win the cup again?

Thinking about that is like salt in the wounds. I guess the truth is that you never know...I didn't expect it in 2011 and I didn't expect it this year. I think next year is off the table...it is just too hard to do this again with a short summer. I do think that in 2-3 years we have another good run. What is great about the NHL is that is rewards depth and is not a stars league like the NBA. Bruins have been able to put together consistently solid teams and have been one of the best franchises in the cap era.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I did not realize Pasta had that many...that right there is cringe worthy
Anyone that saw the games, saw pasta uncoordinated like a giraffe. Pasta was where the offence stopped when he had the puck.

First line had lots of issues, yes. But Pasta was the biggest.
Bergy, I know he was hurt, even the 11 days off was not enough for him to recover.

Marchand, to begin the SCF was hurt.

Pasta if hurt it must be cerebral, other teams knew, just hit him and he'll disappear.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Well I don't know what the future holds for the Bruins, but what I do know, is this opportunity may not show it self for a long time. We have 6 to 7 players in their 30's. Yes we have some young talent in the system, so do the Leafs, FLA, and a few western teams. I know that if we meet the Leafs next year again in the playoffs, things will be different, the odds will be that the leafs win the series with our aged group of guys, and with a young fast hungry Leaf team. Hope I'm wrong. As for the team itself ? this loss will hurt but will move on after time. We now need to regroup and sign a few free agents on July 1st get rid of D Krejci , Backes, Dantan Heinen, Norstrom, and maybe if we have the cap space sign Pararin, Tyler Myers, Andres Lee, Kevin Hayes to name a few. But either way we have a long hill back. I will say this once again hope I'm wrong. Have a great summer guys.
Agree for the most part but I would keep Nordstrom, cheap, effective 14th forward. I do not want Kevin Hayes, he has as much heart and drive as his brother, also the only good thing to ever come if Jimmy is his time here should keep his brother away

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

Pastrnak gets a pass in case of severe wrist injury.
We all know there was something.

While some of the critique that Marchand and Pastrnak receive is very justified .... keep in mind that Marchand was a PPG and Pastrnak had 19 points in 24 games.
Seguin had 8 points in 22 games. 1 goal!

So no ... Pastrnak was not worse than Seguin in 2013.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad