Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Doing my best to avoid cliche people who will say cliche things like “They blew it.” and “I’m sorry they lost.”.

So far, not having much luck on that front.

Cap and lanyard have been retired until October.

It’s the worst. I felt bad for the lady friend cuz she made a couple small comments to lighten me up but I’m just not ready. Luckily i work from home today, and my daughter turns 7, so not only am i putting on a game face for my miracle baby, but i don’t really have to speak to adults until dinner.

I feel intense depression, it’s bad, but the birthday thing has me forging ahead in Dad Mode. I can do this.

Reactions: trenton1 and BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Doing my best to avoid cliche people who will say cliche things like “They blew it.” and “I’m sorry they lost.”.

I think kids camp could be interesting this summer.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

I shut of all media after the 3rd goal last night to avoid such things. This is the only form of media I have solicited, it's mostly safe here.

But now I have to go to work.

Reactions: trenton1

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'm not gonna bother repasting what I just said in the Legacy Thread. If anyone wants to read it, they can read it there. I'll just say this. It's HARD to win the cup. There's a reason dynasties are rare. Most teams in the league would've killed to just MAKE the finals.

I'm disappointed but I know the team's disappointment in themselves is way worse right now.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I shut of all media after the 3rd goal last night to avoid such things. This is the only form of media I have solicited, it's mostly safe here.

Been there in ville St Laurent et Anjou.
Those Habs are the worst.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Next year is going to be a write off in terms of a deep playoff run. It rarely happens to teams who go deep in the preceding year. This was the year with the Caps and TB out and we should have been able to beat the Blues. You can look forward to the " Perfection Line " wracking up the points in the regular season but when the going gets tough they disappear, sure we will hear how injured they are, but it seems like some of these guys like Bergeron are always injured. For me I am dialing back big time on watching all of their regular season games, maybe only watch 30 or so games. My frustration is not only with the Bruins continual failure to come up big in the finals, sans 2011, but the horrific officiating which makes it extremely frustrating to take. How a two bit thug coach like Berube can dictate to the league how the finals should be officiated is a joke, as is this league.

We have been in three finals . We were underdogs twice and favorite this yr . Can anyone really say any of the three were not fantastic series . Three of the very best overall in the ten year span.

Who cares if tbay and caps lost . Washington was a shell of the team of last yr and wouldve been easy pickings. Tbay was swept by a great Columbus team who we managed to slip by so we weren't losing to tbay either . We played three awesome teams and were lucky and good enough to slip by the leafs and blue jackets . Unfortunately we couldn't get by an awesome stlouis team with one hell of a top 4 d-core .

NsBruinsfan

Nov 28, 2008
Halifax, NS
To the people blaming Rask, we scored 1 goal, that's it....can't expect Rask to pitch a shutout in the SCF, if you want to blame anyone, blame the first line that continued their power outage last night. Our big players came up small in the biggest game. Anyone who puts this on Rask has no idea what they are talking about and clearly has an agenda. The sole reason the Bruins are where they are was because of Rask and our bottom 6. Our top players need to do some soul searching because this may have been their last crack at a cup and that core is 1-2.

Reactions: Bergyesque

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Lol really trying to figure out if this post is a serious one or not...? Also You know, you’re stupid when you do that. Just some English pig with no brains, you know. you know and you feel shame, you know. And then you get free.
May be i am stupid but much less idiot than people who not respect other person view and thoses hilarious one like you who think they own the truth )))))....you think in your head you are the model.....good for you
Wish you a nice summer....mr perfect

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
What’s really killing me this morning is that I still believe the better team did not win this.

There were stretches where the B’s just totally dominated the Blues but ultimately couldn’t get it done on their home ice.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007

Did the same thing after that 3rd goal, in Brossard, QC haha

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
To the people blaming Rask, we scored 1 goal, that's it....can't expect Rask to pitch a shutout in the SCF, if you want to blame anyone, blame the first line that continued their power outage last night. Our big players came up small in the biggest game. Anyone who puts this on Rask has no idea what they are talking about and clearly has an agenda. The sole reason the Bruins are where they are was because of Rask and our bottom 6. Our top players need to do some soul searching because this may have been their last crack at a cup and that core is 1-2.
Bruins obviously would never got to the finals without Rask,unfortunately and I’m not saying it’s fair,but last night is what will be remembered.The Goalie is always the first to blame.but obviously there was plenty of blame to go around.

Reactions: Madturk

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
What’s really killing me this morning is that I still believe the better team did not win this.

There were stretches where the B’s just totally dominated the Blues but ultimately couldn’t get it done on their home ice.
No doubt the better team lost.

This isn't 2013.

The Blues did what they had to do and scraped it out.

Unfortunately for us, but that is why hockey is such a great sport. Heck, TB got swept. The NHL is a different story but that's what we deal with.

NsBruinsfan

Nov 28, 2008
Halifax, NS
Bruins obviously would never got to the finals without Rask,unfortunately and I’m not saying it’s fair,but last night is what will be remembered.The Goalie is always the first to blame.but obviously there was plenty of blame to go around.

Agreed, but you can't win hockey games if you can't score. The Bruins didn't score enough. It was good for the young guys to go through this however. The loss is crushing for me, I really thought we'd see the game 6 Bruins out there. I was wrong.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
As a fan in Ontario I won my cup when the Bruins destroyed the Leafs again. Still stings like a ***** not winning last night. With all the hits the Bruins took in these playoffs I was thinking they would lose through attrition because of injuries. Not the biggest roughest team in the NHL.
I think size and grit can be a factor. Bruins have to be given credit for making it to the final series basically on skill. The Blues were a bang and crash type of team. They made NHL history bring in last place in January. Their system just worked better than their opponents. They also got a gift of solid goaltending in the final game when they were out worked for a lot of minutes. They will be back.

I cant say destroyed Leafs but yes I am sure am glad we got by them and had two months of fun and great hockey. The blues and Columbus were both big strong teams . Way bigger and stronger than us . The leafs were all talent so we saw some of both styles . The top d-meN on Columbus and especially stlouis were an amazing group .

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
wasn't meant to be. Bergeron with the groin strain, chara with the broken jaw. The bruins simply ran out of gas. They needed the lead in
game 7 and have the emotion of the moment take it home. Never happened in the first period when they had there chances to score.
Blues played a solid road game. Weathered the storm early and scored on the chances to score.

Reactions: bobber and Krupp

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Careful what you wish for. You’ll get it.

All the hoopla about the playoff format being unfair because they’d have to go through Tampa before the conference finals, and the path opens up for them only to get popped by a wild card.

It would be sort of humorous if it didn’t suck so hard.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

It’s not fair. At all. Just like him taking heat for 17 seconds isn’t fair. You could’ve put two goalies in the net last night and they’re still losing that game.

Reactions: bruins repeat time

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Agreed, but you can't win hockey games if you can't score. The Bruins didn't score enough. It was good for the young guys to go through this however. The loss is crushing for me, I really thought we'd see the game 6 Bruins out there. I was wrong.

I was actually more confident game 6 than game 7. I just didnt feel you could beat this bruin team three in a row . Stluois after a loss and on road was a stat I couldnt ignore so I was hopeful but really thought we would see OT or a tied game in the third.

Do you guts realize this whole playoff the Bruins were only beaten by more than one goal (empty nets not counted ) twice . The first and last game of the playoffs .

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl

Thats hockey. Over 1000 games, the better team comes out on top. Over a 7 game series, there is variability. Didnt play well in games 2/4 and it became a 3 game series...Thought we played well in those games but the pucks didnt find the sticks or the holes in the goalies. The two that will be stuck in my mind are Marchand's post in game 5 and when he just caught Binnington's armpit in game7 with alot of open net. If those go in, I think the games turn out more like game 6.

It could be that the Blues were better. They had a very good, very big defense and it was hard to get high quality scoring chances despite their goalie giving up juicy juicy rebounds. I think in 10 years we will look back in shock that Binnington won a cup, and that has to do with how good their D was at cleaning up his messes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad