Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
But claiming the Bruins lost because of their lack of size isn't dumb?

Noone would have given a rats ass about the "lack of size" had the Sharks advanced.
Everyone mentioned the lack of size in the Columbus-series. But the Jackets got exposed eventually.

Had the Bruins lost against the Leafs, people would have wanted even more skill and speed to compete with them.
You can't build a team that matches well against every style.

The major issue in this series wasn't that the Bruins being inferior in the physical department.
Had the rules been enforced properly, this series would have turned out differently. I'm not just talking about those missed major penalties incl. ejections on the suspension fouls or that ridicilous game winner in game 5 ... but the games were called differently after game 3.

Bruins should have been up 3-0 after 10 minutes of game 7. They just didn't score. Size wouldn't have put the puck into the back of the net.
The Blues had 2 chances and scored 2 goals. That was the story of game 7.
Blues beat the Sharks with there size and physicality,Columbus had a few big guys who did most of the physical play for them ,it wasn’t enough.Blues physicality dominated Bruins for long stretches throughout this series resulting in Bruins forwards getting gassed just trying to get the puck out of there own end.The Blues size and physical play was a huge reason towards them winning this series,Still think saying the Bruins wouldn’t have got past the first round if they had some bigger players is dumb,depending on who those players were.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Terrible.

The Blues hit to hurt. They made it a point to take the body at every opportunity. They went high. A LOT. More than they had to.

I didn’t care for the headshots but damn i wish Boston had that mean streak still in them. Even just a fraction of it.

Pretty sure the strategy from the Bruins was to turn the other cheek and get the calls, great strategy when the refs make less and less calls as the PO's progress.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Pretty sure the strategy from the Bruins was to turn the other cheek and get the calls, great strategy when the refs make less and less calls as the PO's progress.

Happens every year. We all knew that wouldn’t last forever.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Wow that's interesting. If I look at it like that...I'd say we really are chokers in the true sense of the word.
Why is that?
In how many of those series were we the better team? Two?

This year and '74. Edmonton outclassed us and Chicago was better, although we very easily could've won that series. Also the Habs in the late 70s were a juggernaut. The Canucks were better on paper, but we outgritted them and got lucky that TT caught fire.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Blues beat the Sharks with there size and physicality,Columbus had a few big guys who did most of the physical play for them ,it wasn’t enough.Blues physicality dominated Bruins for long stretches throughout this series resulting in Bruins forwards getting gassed just trying to get the puck out of there own end.The Blues size and physical play was a huge reason towards them winning this series,Still think saying the Bruins wouldn’t have got past the first round if they had some bigger players is dumb,depending on who those players were.

I don't think the Blues will go far next year . It was their year
I think next year they won't do squat

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Bruins strength was their PP.

You can't play to your strength when getting PPs is completely out of your control.

Their 5 on 5 all season was very pedestrian. And it came around to haunt them this series.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
.... so they were physical.

I’m sorry, I just have no desire watching the Bruins top 9 prance around. Danton Heinen apologizing and saying “excuse me” before any threat of physical contact. Pastrnak & Johansson getting dummied on the regular. Not a huge fan.
Let's not pretend that they weren't taking headshots, though.

Heck, they got a suspension for a headshot that wasn't even called on the ice. Meanwhile the Bs got called for a headshot that Tarasenko completely Hab'ed and sold.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

This year and '74. Edmonton outclassed us and Chicago was better, although we very easily could've won that series. Also the Habs in the late 70s were a juggernaut. The Canucks were better on paper, but we outgritted them and got lucky that TT caught fire.

And the Blues?
BTW I had picked the bruins in five vs canucks . Still surprised it went 7 .
Not much of a fan of the sedins
We did outscore them by a wide margin

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Didn’t we had what 4 ?
Hey buddy, I'd like to remind you that those Canadian guys we've had on the team have lost now two Cup chances, but those American kids and Scandanavian guys helped get those Canadian boys a chance to win another Cup- a couple of those Canadian boys blew it big time- AGAIN. I love them, but they blew it. Literally.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
.... so they were physical.

I’m sorry, I just have no desire watching the Bruins top 9 prance around. Danton Heinen apologizing and saying “excuse me” before any threat of physical contact. Pastrnak & Johansson getting dummied on the regular. Not a huge fan.

Hilarious mentioning Jojo with those other cream puffs.

He played with no fear, would actually carry the puck into the zone instead of dumping it. He engaged in board battles.

Terrible take.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It's a one time wonder. That's all the blues are.
Well they have their first cup
And so did Wash win their first last year. Back to back firsts
Maybe the league ordered the refs to make sure they make history

See the agenda here, same way Wilson dictated last years PO's. (Yes I know he was suspended made as much of a difference as it did this year with Sunquist and Barachev getting suspended. What a message to put forward , let the team with the most suspensions in the SCF history win the cup, heaven help,us next year.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

I'd add 1990 in there. The Oilers still had a few players left from their dynasty with Gretzky - Messier, Anderson, Kurri - but were just a 90-point team in the regular season. The 3OT loss popped their balloon and they never really fully recovered.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
The Bruins having a towel associated with Barstool sports was somehow related to their loss...?
I've seen it all, now.
Goodnight, beloved Bruins fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad