Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 6 - 6/9 - It is the best of times, it is the worst of times

Which team will win Game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
one game outta 5 he was bad, the rest, has given his team a chance in every game. No traffic in front though has made life pretty easy for him, any way you cut it, the Blues are getting production from everyone, the Bruins........not so much and those rebounds he does leave are easily cleared when the opponent is nowhere to be found
I believe the Bruins have had low twenties and even less in pretty much every game but the last.He was a difference maker last game ,not the rest.I definitely don’t look at this series and think man if it wasn’t for their hot goalie we would be winning this easily.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The ultimate goal of every season is to win the Stanley Cup, but I don't really watch for that. I watch because I love this team and I love this game, and I want to be able to watch 2 more games. If they lose tomorrow, it will be 117 days until the 2019-20 regular season begins (October 4th). I'm not ready to say goodbye to this team, or this great game we all love, for 4 months.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The ultimate goal of every season is to win the Stanley Cup, but I don't really watch for that. I watch because I love this team and I love this game, and I want to be able to watch 2 more games. If they lose tomorrow, it will be 117 days until the 2019-20 regular season begins (October 4th). I'm not ready to say goodbye to this team, or this great game we all love, for 4 months.

you won`t have to:yo:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
We need power plays, and to actually make something happen on them. Their PK is very average.

More importantly we need play better 5v5, top 6 has to have seen some sort of area to adjust their game by now. Their performance is embarrassing.
They will probably get 2 or 3 next game like the last two games I wouldn’t expect more,so yeah they better capitalize on them,there 0-5 last two games ,so better be better next game at something whether it be Power Plays or 5-5 something.

Habs killer

Jan 31, 2007
somerville
Blues D is legit, they consume so much space in the corners its difficult to cycle. Pressure them and they do turn over the puck. See our D pinching down a lot but need that forward high for the bail out just in case. I like the bruins speed vs the blues, lets go!!!

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Are you truly ok with taking Backes out? Not contributing offensively, ok, but the same can be said for the core from which you expect a lot more production. Backes was second in team hitting among forwards through the four games he played. In a series of hit or be hit, why would you pass on a hitter? With size? Plus folks here were talking storylines, well his (5y captainship) is the next best networks could have after Jumbo Joe was dumped. Backes gwg in game 6 and there's your cliffhanger...

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Are you truly ok with taking Backes out? Not contributing offensively, ok, but the same can be said for the core from which you expect a lot more production. Backes was second in team hitting among forwards through the four games he played. In a series of hit or be hit, why would you pass on a hitter? With size? Plus folks here were talking storylines, well his (5y captainship) is the next best networks could have after Jumbo Joe was dumped. Backes gwg in game 6 and there's your cliffhanger...
I would be okay putting him back in the lineup, but I don't want him in the top 6 at all.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
This team is in its 100th game and has been getting physically demolished this series. If they go down early then the tent might get folded up.

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl

It was a mistake for us to sign him and a mistake for him to come here...this series embodies that for him. Let him go out there and put up a fight to try to change the outcome.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Thank you

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
At least NBC has me here today - fly to St Louis tonight

upload_2019-6-8_14-43-39.png

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Speaking of top six- who is the 6th player? Is it fair to put Backes in the spot when he hasn't played all of the games and has limited minutes?
Yeah good point,he really isnt a top six Player anymore,but Coyle and Mojo have been so good on the third line ,sadly we’re pretty much stuck with him there.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins have been in a Game 6 elimination situation 24 times in franchise history and are 11-13 overall and 7-5 when those games were played on the road. Sunday will be the sixth time the Bruins have been behind, 3-2, in the Stanley Cup Final.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It was a mistake for us to sign him and a mistake for him to come here...this series embodies that for him. Let him go out there and put up a fight to try to change the outcome.
I really thought up against his old team ,chance at a cup,that maybe he had some extra force or something that would come out,but yeah other than a few hits here and there,hasn’t been a real factor in anything offensively.Who knows maybe Sunday he just has that little extra come out.I know I’m probably not being realistic are my.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The Bruins have been in a Game 6 elimination situation 24 times in franchise history and are 11-13 overall and 7-5 when those games were played on the road. Sunday will be the sixth time the Bruins have been behind, 3-2, in the Stanley Cup Final.

So, almost 50-50.

That’s why they play the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad