Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 6 - 6/9 - It is the best of times, it is the worst of times

Which team will win Game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I really think we aren't giving the Blues the credit they deserve. Their team defense is shutting down this line.
f*** the Blues and their team f***ing defence. And f*** the credit they "deserve."

I'm not in any mood to be nice or complimentary to that f***ing team.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I really think we aren't giving the Blues the credit they deserve. Their team defense is shutting down this line.

Your right they've been really good but the bruins players need to be better. There's no tomorrow lose you go home and no one remembers you,technically your just the first place loser with a late first round draft pick.

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I just have such a sour taste in my mouth still from game 5, so I blame my pessimism on that. I really hope you're right, it is going to be a long summer if the B's lose.
Yeah don’t want to be the F’n runner up again.who knows when they get there again,chances of Tampa and the Caps getting taken out again are pretty slim.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
IMO, the difference between games 1-3 and games 4 & 5 is that the refs put the whistles away for the most part. The Bruins averaged almost 5 PP's a game in the first 3 games. In the next two, we've averaged about 2 per game.

I think the blowout in G3 (and the 4 PP goals) caused the league to react and tell the refs to ease off on the penalties. In typical ref fashion they took that to the extreme and have let all sorts of blatant calls go. Barbashev getting suspended by the league for a headshot that wasn't even deemed a minor penalty by the guys on the ice is embarrassing.

Now I'm hoping the embarrassment of G5 will cause an overcorrection in the other direction. Boston's biggest strength is their special teams. PP and PK. Even strength shots and shot attempts are almost identical through 5 games. They're obviously more physical but they also cross the line a lot more and a lot more severely (evidenced by the two suspensions). If we can get back to each team getting 5 PP's a game, that could be the difference for Boston.

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Your right they've been really good but the bruins players need to better. There's no tomorrow lose you go home and no one remembers you,technically your just the first place loser with a late first round draft pick.
I give the Blues a lot of credit,but still when you’re top two lines don’t have a 5-5 point in 5 games or I guess DeBrusk has one now ,I think it’s pretty fair to say a couple goals by any of them Bruins are probably up 3-1 ,or series could even be over.Thats the frustrating part.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

It's not.

It's the decisions being made by the individuals.

It's the passing instead of shooting, the shot when a pass would be better. It's the lack of effort on board battles.

And this isn't the first series where they have played like this.

Throughout the playoffs, if the line isn't scoring, they look terrible.

BlakeyBro

May 10, 2019
The Blues remind of the 2011 Bruins . . . big and tough, the Cinderella of the Finals. The refs let the B's play tough and rough in 2011 against a more finesse Canucks squad, and a lot was allowed to happen (Thomas' check to Sedin, Marchand's rabbit punches to Sedin, etc.). Same thing happening the past two games in this series. The refs have put their whistles away, for the most part, and are allowing a tough brand of hockey to be played. I personally love rough and tough hockey, and it plays into the Blues favor.

With that being said, after the blatant missed trip call and missed high hit calls, I expect the refs to be on notice in Game 6, and I think the B's will get 4 or more PP's. They have to capitalize on these PP's that will come. 5 on 5, the Blues are better. BOS has to exit their zone cleaner and try and catch the pinching Blue's Dmen off guard with their speed. They have to crash the net!!! Stop with these snap shots from outside the circles. Stop making the extra g** d*** pass! if you have a chance to shoot from within the circles or hashes, snipe it! Crash the net! get in Binnington's face! get under the Blue's Dmen skin . . .irritate the crap out of them with our speed.

I think B's will win Game 6, they are going to come out focused and re-energized, and we haven't seen a 'back against the wall' game from the B's since Game 6 of the TOR series.

I think any real hockey fan without a horse in this race is hoping the Blues raise the cup on home ice, and even as a B's fan, as much as I would be saddened and dismayed, I would watch them skate the cup around the ice. But I am a die-hard B's fan and I believe the B's will be the ones lifting the cup in Boston on Wednesday night! Go B's!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It's not.

It's the decisions being made by the individuals.

It's the passing instead of shooting, the shot when a pass would be better. It's the lack of effort on board battles.

And this isn't the first series where they have played like this.

Throughout the playoffs, if the line isn't scoring, they look terrible.
That’s the thing and there have been games throughout these playoffs,where they have been really good,where I have thought there back,then bang their gone again.maybe they all have some pretty bad injuries we don’t know about,but at times it sure looks like lack of effort and just poor decisions.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
**** the Blues and their team ****ing defence. And **** the credit they "deserve."

I'm not in any mood to be nice or complimentary to that ****ing team.

I agree with both of these posts :laugh:

I think everyone here can make sense of that I hope

Reactions: BMC and NDiesel

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I just have such a sour taste in my mouth still from game 5, so I blame my pessimism on that. I really hope you're right, it is going to be a long summer if the B's lose.

I was at rec hockey last night and someone asked me my thoughts on Game 5 and I proceeded to go on a pretty good rant I think that may have gotten the sour taste out of my system.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I was at rec hockey last night and someone asked me my thoughts on Game 5 and I proceeded to go on a pretty good rant I think that may have gotten the sour taste out of my system.
I had a couple of good rants but man I just can't shake that feeling...my buddy at work is actually the only Blues fan I know so of course I gave him an earful, then I went off the next day while watching the Raptors game :laugh:

Reactions: BruinDust

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl

I agree. Overall their team defense is great, especially with all the rebounds Binnington gives up. That being said, this line hasn't looked good all playoffs. It just got covered up a bit because we played two wild card teams. I don't expect that to change drastically tomorrow, or (hopefully), for a game 7. Still think we can win though, the Blues are opportunistic with mistakes, so we just need to limit the mistakes.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
We need power plays, and to actually make something happen on them. Their PK is very average.

More importantly we need play better 5v5, top 6 has to have seen some sort of area to adjust their game by now. Their performance is embarrassing.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I am going to be optimistic and believe the Bruins can tie this series tomorrow night. After all, it is do or die for them so if a player needs to up his game, it's tomorrow.

Go Bruins.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Same with other teams during this playoff run, IMO.
That’s a good point,and there were games throughout these playoffs where they were able to break out ,so why is that to me they did something differently,I hardly think the opponents just decided not to check them for a game here and there.The top line has just been reluctant to keep their game simple.and take everything to the net.The pass for the Pasta one timer has very rarely worked how about heading to the Blue paint and knocking in a rebound,have one deflect of your ass ,I really don’t care how they score,they don’t all have to be pretty,playoff goals rarely are,how many pretty goals have the Blues scored this series really.

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
That’s a good point,and there were games throughout these playoffs where they were able to break out ,so why is that to me they did something differently,I hardly think the opponents just decided not to check them for a game here and there.The top line has just been reluctant to keep their game simple.and take everything to the net.The pass for the Pasta one timer has very rarely worked how about heading to the Blue paint and knocking in a rebound,have one deflect of your ass ,I really don’t care how they score,they don’t all have to be pretty,playoff goals rarely are,how many pretty goals have the Blues scored this series really.

Reluctant to keep it simple describes them perfectly. Bergeron hasn't overpassed much but he hasn't stuffed home his opportunities like he has in the past.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Been one of the best teams since what? Christmas or the New Year? Have beaten some very good teams in the playoffs, this is hardly a weak sister the B`s are playing and on top of that, a hot goalie. B`s need to find a way in quick order. Thought last game was the first in the series where the better team didn`t win

Reactions: TaroTsujimoto

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Seems odd to say it, but it would be nice if the first line just stopped giving up goals at this point. I’ve given up on the second line entirely.

Then pray the third line is a plus on the night and go from there

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Been one of the best teams since what? Christmas or the New Year? Have beaten some very good teams in the playoffs, this is hardly a weak sister the B`s are playing and on top of that, a hot goalie. B`s need to find a way in quick order. Thought last game was the first in the series where the better team didn`t win
Binnington wasn’t a factor until the last game,well he was a factor in game three for sure he sucked.This guy is definitely beatable,Bruins have had him dead to right numerous times ,but have just gone a little to high on him,and have very rarely got to his numerous rebounds,especially the first line ,man Lucic and Horton would have had a hay day with this guy.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Binnington wasn’t a factor until the last game,well he was a factor in game three for sure he sucked.This guy is definitely beatable,Brad have had him dead to right numerous times ,but have just gone a little to high on him,and have very rarely got to his numerous rebounds,especially the first line ,man Lucic and Horton would have had a hay day with this guy.

one game outta 5 he was bad, the rest, has given his team a chance in every game. No traffic in front though has made life pretty easy for him, any way you cut it, the Blues are getting production from everyone, the Bruins........not so much and those rebounds he does leave are easily cleared when the opponent is nowhere to be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad