Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 6 - 6/9 - It is the best of times, it is the worst of times

Which team will win Game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Thanks, Cassidy rolled with 7 dman in game 5 is that correct? It seems like Pastrnak played both on the first and second line?

After watching closely, neither Clifton, Moore or Kampfer played offense, and the fourth libe was unchanged, do you know how Cassidy managed his lines exactly?
Mostly double shifted Pasta with Krejci & Debrusk.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Kevan is injured.

He would be playing if healthy. I sure do wish Killer was in the game. He might stop at least some of the dirty hits.

Wish Quaider was still a Bruin.
For me... I have other wishes of different nature. :biglaugh:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
They have to win. Have to.

I don't want to fathom the idea of a hockey team with MULTIPLE suspensions in ONE series - let alone the cup final - winning the cup. It's not being 'physical' it's being cheapshotting asshats, straight up.

Top 6 HAS to make it happen tonight. Not just one goal, or even two, but three. They have to score in droves tonight.
There was even a discussion on the series thread about the suspended player still being able to get the cup on Sunday.

Yes it’s Blues fans. I’m sure Blues players don’t believe the series is over and the game a formality.

As an added note-I think the 7 D and line roulette was a mistake. I hope they go with 6 D and 12 forwards tomorrow.

Reactions: bruins19

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Patrice & company will be the difference in bringing Game 7 back to Boston. It is going to happen !!

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Kevan is injured.

He would be playing if healthy. I sure do wish Killer was in the game. He might stop at least some of the dirty hits.

Wish Quaider was still a Bruin.

Win or lose.
I think you'll see that element added next year and among the Defenseman and forward groups. Sweeney done a great job and too me deserves GM of the year, never thought their turn around would be this quick and Kudos to him and he's tried to bring in that element twice now in the forwards with Belesky and Backes.

If Im a betting man, he lands someone this off season who will fill that role for years to come both defensively and offensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgm16

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Chara shouldn’t play. Their first goal was pretty much his fault. Kampfer looked good. Letting Bergeron play in 2013 was a mistake too.

I agree too a point. Right now Chara doesn't look good and the bruins still have depth, especially if Grizz can go. I mean look at the Blues Bouwmeester played nearly 30 minutes last game and Pietrangelo and Parayko both played over 25, that's three defenseman trying to carry them to a Cup.

The Bruins need to think about giving Charle, Carlo and Krug those types of minutes the rest of the way.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
LETS GET PISSED OFF!

c9BTYi3.gif

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
I agree too a point. Right now Chara doesn't look good and the bruins still have depth, especially if Grizz can go. I mean look at the Blues Bouwmeester played nearly 30 minutes last game and Pietrangelo and Parayko both played over 25, that's three defenseman trying to carry them to a Cup.

The Bruins need to think about giving Charle, Carlo and Krug those types of minutes the rest of the way.

Chara didn't look great before the injury either. I think he is still very good on the penalty kill but that is not where the Blues are beating us. They are getting us on the forecheck and Chara's inability to consistently clear the puck is causing issues (and led directly to the puck in face incident). I do wonder if him being out would have led to McAvoy stepping up a little more (I don't think he has had a great series after being awesome prior to this round).

Reactions: TCB

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Chara didn't look great before the injury either. I think he is still very good on the penalty kill but that is not where the Blues are beating us. They are getting us on the forecheck and Chara's inability to consistently clear the puck is causing issues (and led directly to the puck in face incident). I do wonder if him being out would have led to McAvoy stepping up a little more (I don't think he has had a great series after being awesome prior to this round).
The Blues relentless forechecking has definitely exposed Chara ,and some others that’s for sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad