GDT: SCF Game #6 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs Dallas Stars , 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ Tampa leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
One thing with the injuries is our system really does no help for that. When your defense consists largely of blocking shots and getting into shooting/passing lanes, the injuries are going to pile up, especially for guys known for defense or on the PK a lot.
If we keep Bowness we really need to eliminate the dump and chase shit. They were just giving the puck back to Tampa while they would come in and blast pucks. Not a puck possession team at all.

I still hope we really go after Gallant.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If we keep Bowness we really need to eliminate the dump and chase shit. They were just giving the puck back to Tampa while they would come in and blast pucks. Not a puck possession team at all.

I still hope we really go after Gallant.

That is imho not on the coaching staff. This type of play allways happens when the team is playing tired and a players doesn't know what else to do.

When the team was at its best and freshest in the playoff run they didn't dump the puck.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Anyone think Bowness Retires?

Depending on state of society, he will be back, he’s earned it and the players want to win for him. I love Bones as a coach and really wanted him to finally get his ring. Unfortunately, I don’t think he’s that good of a coach, so I’m torn.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

serp

Jan 17, 2016
he's got to know the likelihood of this team getting back here again is low

I mean it depends on alot of factors. In a normal state of society / the world i would think Bowness returns . In the current state ? Well ....

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I really hated the way he went about that too. Didn't make any sense to me, but oh well no point in dwelling on it

I’ve always shared his thinking, especially down two. Not worth letting the other team get shot after shot at an empty net because they can’t get called for icing. Use your man advantage, then reassess. Problem was they had a guy out there who couldn’t play PP.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
I’ve always shared his thinking, especially down two. Not worth letting the other team get shot after shot at an empty net because they can’t get called for icing. Use your man advantage, then reassess. Problem was they had a guy out there who couldn’t play PP.

That power play was their last chance, if they didn’t score it was over... You have to take the chance. If they get scored on oh well, with the way they were playing you know they weren’t gonna generate two goals with 2 mins left. Awful coaching.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He did come back again, and who knows what happened that game

I would think he was probably good enough to back Dobby up since he was on the ice for practises the last week or two but likely not even close to 100% .

No reason to have him just be the backup i guess. Oettinger was fine the two times he had to go in and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig