GDT: SCF Game #6 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs Dallas Stars , 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ Tampa leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Started cheering for the Stars against the Flames after my Pens were embarrassed and bounced early. I thought the Stars could take the Flames, so I wasn't surprised when they did. But they were clear underdogs against the Avalanche and Golden Knights. Your core is young and you have plenty of time to make several more runs at it. Congratulations on a great year.

Reactions: sportswastaken

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Started cheering for the Stars against the Flames after my Pens were embarrassed and bounced early. I thought the Stars could take the Flames, so I wasn't surprised when they did. But they were clear underdogs against the Avalanche and Golden Knights. Your core is young and you have plenty of time to make several more runs at it. Congratulations on a great year.

Appreciate the sentiments.

Our core up front is definitely not young though :laugh:

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Appreciate the sentiments.

Our core up front is definitely not young though :laugh:
Some of them, but it depends on how you define it. Hintz, Gurianov, Faksa, and Dickinson are all pieces to build around. They all showed that they have what it takes to win in the Finals. It's your top three defensemen who are going to keep you in contention. They're the envy of the entire league.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
1 assist last 5 games. Doesn’t show up in games and looks like doesn’t show up for press conferences either. Great “leader”

He was in the same tier as Miro and Khudobin this playoffs. Nobody showed up in the finals and that's why we lost in 6.

What an absolutely horrible take after everything this team put into the postseason.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He was in the same tier as Miro and Khudobin this playoffs. Nobody showed up in the finals and that's why we lost in 6.

What an absolutely horrible take after everything this team put into the postseason.

The old guys showed up and Klingberg and Seguin played well in the finals . Sadly Benn , Radulov and the younger forwards did not. Maybe they ran out of steam ? I don't know. Gurianov was completely invisble in the finals series. Hintz was really good until he got hurt . That part sucks imho.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I'm curious to see the laundry list of injuries the players had now that the games are over

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
The old guys showed up and Klingberg and Seguin played well in the finals . Sadly Benn , Radulov and the younger forwards did not. Maybe they ran out of steam ? I don't know. Gurianov was completely invisble in the finals series. Hintz was really good until he got hurt . That part sucks imho.

I won't argue about Benn being "meh" in the finals, but he was still a key component to even get us there in the first place. Miro looked bad other than game 5 as well, Lindell is clearly banged up. Seguin gets a pass because of all the injuries, Radulov should be moved, Gurianov was horrible, no doubt. The big positive for me is JFK and Caamano, they looked like legit players.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Yep, that Benn interview finally made me cave, tears were flowing. This does suck.
As a Canucks fan I think I can empathize with a lot of you tonight. That interview said a lot to me about how much Jamie cares about winning & crushed by the loss. Yes, he can be a dirty prick at times, but I'd have him on my team any day.

Best of luck in the offseason, your Boys deserved to be in the Final and gave Tampa a scare even after losing a few of your key role players.

Finally, just a hat tip to some of you that I noticed Posting regularly on the GDT's through the Return and were classy in defending your team as well as being objective about their shortcomings:

@serp
@Kcb12345
@trinitymorris
@Henderson33
There are others but the names fail me atm.

Cheers
IMG_5034.GIF

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I won't argue about Benn being "meh" in the finals, but he was still a key component to even get us there in the first place. Miro looked bad other than game 5 as well, Lindell is clearly banged up. Seguin gets a pass because of all the injuries, Radulov should be moved, Gurianov was horrible, no doubt. The big positive for me is JFK and Caamano, they looked like legit players.
JFK and Caamano worked themselves onto the roster for next year for sure.

Reactions: Henderson33

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
As a Canucks fan I think I can empathize with a lot of you tonight. That interview said a lot to me about how much Jamie cares about winning & crushed by the loss. Yes, he can be a dirty prick at times, but I'd have him on my team any day.

Best of luck in the offseason, your Boys deserved to be in the Final and gave Tampa a scare even after losing a few of your key role players.

Finally, just a hat tip to some of you that I noticed Posting regularly on the GDT's through the Return and were classy in defending your team as well as being objective about their shortcomings:

@serp
@Kcb12345
@trinitymorris

Cheers
View attachment 369486

Appreciate that, we're a small group but most of us are reasonable when talking about the team on the main or our own boards, the ones you mentioned are definitely in the top tier. Of course, like every team, we get caught up in the heat of the moment some times. I know I am very guilty of it.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
JFK and Caamano worked themselves onto the roster for next year for sure.
Caamano? I doubt it. He had more jump than most other guys because he was rested and not beat up, but he was still just a warm body out there.

JFK though certainly showed he deserves to play every night. He can make things happen.

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
1 assist last 5 games. Doesn’t show up in games and looks like doesn’t show up for press conferences either. Great “leader”
You need depth players to step up during a Cup run and the Stars’ depth guys did that in spades.

Their two highest-paid players, on the other hand? Yikes.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Not scoring in this one really sucks. Brutal way to end the season. Green didn’t show up to the game until there were 5 mins left to the third.

Reactions: Kcb12345

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Caamano? I doubt it. He had more jump than most other guys because he was rested and not beat up, but he was still just a warm body out there.

JFK though certainly showed he deserves to play every night. He can make things happen.
I guess not a guaranteed roster spot, but he should play ahead of Cogliano. I'm excited to see a full year of JFK in the top 9

Reactions: Henderson33

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
You need depth players to step up during a Cup run and the Stars’ depth guys did that in spades.

Their two highest-paid players, on the other hand? Yikes.

To be fair to Seguin, he didn't have a lower body based on what we currently know. Benn was beast mode the entire playoffs until the finals, which is unfortunate.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine

@serp
@Kcb12345
@trinitymorris
@Henderson33

Cheers
View attachment 369486
Enjoyed your gifs!

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
San Jose fan here. Congrats on a great season, was really hoping you guys would pull through for Pavs. The future is bright for you guys, but feels for Pavs now.

Reactions: Magic Mittens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad