GDT: SCF Game #6 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs Dallas Stars , 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ Tampa leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
EiK1cFaXYAAvajO

Ei4V267XcAAHo-F

Let's get this one in early again so nobody else can get any stupid ideas . :thumbu:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
My niece has grown into a pretty big hockey fan. She was already really falling for the Stars before the Winter Classic, but attending that game live cemented her as a what I expect will be a life-long fan. I was her age when the Stars won in 1999 which locked me in even though I regularly attended games as a child starting in 1993.

We were talking on Thursday, and I told her I just wanted to come out of the weekend with the series 3-2 with Tampa up. I knew they probably wouldn't win both games of a B2B so the split felt like the best likely outcome. I really thought they would have won Game 4 though. It freaked me out they didn't, and I definitely worried it was over.

Even though down 3-2 felt like the best possible outcome, losing Game 4 still feels like insurmountable odds. Dallas already won 3 in row against Calgary and Vegas. Everything is riding on them doing it again against an incredible team. Point and his line have put up even more incredible stats following every loss they've faced this post-season.

History, logic, and reason are completely against the Dallas Stars, and I'm not here to say I think they're about to prove everyone wrong. I do think this team can win 1 more game though. That's plausible. It's not a crazy fantasy that they can win another game. If that happens ... anything can happen in a Game 7.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I hate Twitter. I'm embarrassed this even annoyed me, but it made me want more than anything for karma to bite this person in the ass. It just caught my eye when I wanted to post this tweet about where Dallas sits in history in terms of comeback post-season wins. I love that the list is full of Cup winners. Who knows if Dallas can add an asterisk next to this year too.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
We have to think their play in the 1st period will be as aggressuve and ferocious as Colorado in Game 5 of that series. Big experience there for us from that series on how to handle Tampa tomorrow.

Must weather the first period.

If we can be at least tied by the time the game settles we can do this!

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
You know what’s kinda weird. I was really bummed and disappointed and thought we were going to lose Game 5.

I feel completely different today. I still feel like we’re gonna lose, but I’m proud of this team for their resilience and battle. It would have been easy to fold and pack it in after that game 4 lost, especially on a back to back.

Win this one, and you never know what could happen in game 7. Lets GO STARS!

Last edited:

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
You know what’s kinda weird. I was really bummed and disappointed and thought we were going to lose Game 5.

I feel completely different today. I still feel like we’re gonna lose, but I’m proud of this team for their resilience and battle. It would have been easy to fold and pack it in after that game 4 lost, especially on a back to back.

This team is streaky. They win in bunches. I hope the bunch is about to happen a again.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Whatever happens, they can't afford to chase this game. Jump on Tampa early and try and end it in regulation somehow.

As others have mentioned though, I'm just happy they're here and we get to experience this. For most teams this year was overall terrible, but for the Stars it has been outstanding no matter what. Unfortunately I don't think the players will see it the same way though, so hopefully they can pull this off somehow for their sakes

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

I felt this way too. I actually was fairly calm and not too stressed in game 5, that's gone up a bit but I still have no expectations for this team. Just gonna hope they keep laying it all out there and enjoy the game for what it is (barring a likely shitshow from the refs again).

If we force game 7 I will go back to being unbelievably stressed :laugh:

Reactions: Kcb12345

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

It's probably not the best idea, but I can see Faksa doing everything he can to try and get into a potential game 7. Really all of them except Bishop and Johns.

Will be interesting to see if the coaching staff agrees. Probably not.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Any word on Sekera

Game time decision . Likely plays but who knows who bad it actually is. A Hanley-Fedun pairing wouldn't exactly inspire confidence but since neither is injured maybe it would work because both teams are really hurt at this point.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I felt this way too. I actually was fairly calm and not too stressed in game 5, that's gone up a bit but I still have no expectations for this team. Just gonna hope they keep laying it all out there and enjoy the game for what it is (barring a likely shitshow from the refs again).

If we force game 7 I will go back to being unbelievably stressed :laugh:

It's a bit like the Avs series in reverse for me. The more the Avs won the less nervous and more pessimistic i got. In this series ? I was very calm and expected a loss for game 5 . For this i'm still not too optimitic but more than before Game 5 .

Reactions: LT

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
I imagine they are all done for the series no matter what. Any guess on Hintz if he’s dealing with head or shoulder after going into boards?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I hate being european right now. I need proper sleep but NHL live is so bad for vods (so hard to avoid spoilers). Waiting for spoiler friendly sites to upload is pure pain. Hope we will see a 7th game. Go Stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad