GDT: SCF Game #6 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs Dallas Stars , 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ Tampa leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
For those saying we won’t be back anytime soon, you never know. We have a solid top 4 D core next year. Hintz and Gury can hopefully take the next step. Still have Bishop in net.

I was also really impressed with Kivi, Caamano, and even Dickinson. I seriously wanna know how Dickinson can take such a beating and keep playing every game lol

We got guys like Harley, Delly, Robertson who could help improve us also

Also gotta look at how in the last two years we’ve been to game 7 in the 2nd round and game 6 in the SCF. That’s some great experience for our team

Be positive guys

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
You never know. Dallas lost to the best team in the league two years in a row. With the way Dallas is built they just need to do well enough in regular season to get in the playoffs. If we can get a couple more good playoffs out of Benn, Pavs, Radulov, Bishop then you never know. Need Miro, Hintz, Guri, and Kivi to take another step next season.

I mean you're probably right but you never know. Dallas is built for the playoffs with their veterans and defensive style. Just gotta get in.
Exactly. Odds are always against getting to the finals but this team just needs to get into the playoffs and they’ll have a chance.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think alot of will depend on how soon the league can return if they can return to this stage . If the league returns rather quickly , which i doubt , i think the Stars will have some major problems with injuries and all that. If there's some time to regenerate for the old guys there's a chance.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The better team won, Tampa deserved it. It just sucks knowing Dallas ain’t gonna be back in the finals with this core. Oh well. It was a good and exciting run.
I disagree. I think every year they get better. And with a good off-season, bringing in some talent and developing some talent I think they'll be good again next year. I think they're not far from turning from the underdog to the juggernaut. A few pieces are missing, but everything else is there, the concept is there, much of the manpower is there, it will work out sooner or later. In many ways this reminded me of the 2015 Chicago-Tampa series. Tampa was a young team that fell short, and Chicago was the team who, it was their time. And since Chicago has only been in decline, and Tampa has taken some years to get to the top.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we had to lose to someone I'm glad it was the Lightning. A lot of players I like on their team and their fan base is solid.

Congrats Tampa, and congrats Dallas on a spectacular run, impossible to be disappointed.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I think alot of will depend on how soon the league can return if they can return to this stage . If the league returns rather quickly , which i doubt , i think the Stars will have some major problems with injuries and all that. If there's some time to regenerate for the old guys there's a chance.
A shortened season could really help our grumpy old men too. A compressed season.... not good.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
A shortened season could really help our grumpy old men too. A compressed season.... not good.

Depends on how hurt they are right now. If there's some major surgery for some guys i can't see how that would help . This playoff run was incredibly long and taxing.

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
Probably Heiskanen too was hurt .. He was just to slow and his puck management was bad at some point. Never been that bad....

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Like I did in the previous rounds, I come here in peace.
Hockey is simply wonderful and tought us to respect everyone.
A battle on the ice and a normal life off.
I really want to shake your hands and I want to tell you my congrats for this amazing run.
Yes, because if you played the Final series, there's a reason why. You are a damn good team that deserved to reach the Finals.
Congrats to you and see you next season.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
One thing with the injuries is our system really does no help for that. When your defense consists largely of blocking shots and getting into shooting/passing lanes, the injuries are going to pile up, especially for guys known for defense or on the PK a lot.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
One thing with the injuries is our system really does no help for that. When your defense consists largely of blocking shots and getting into shooting/passing lanes, the injuries are going to pile up, especially for guys known for defense or on the PK a lot.

Idk all the injuries that lead to guys missing games did not happen on blocks. Faksa was a wierd play on a hit against the Golden Knights and Comeau and Hintz injuries came off hits in the neutral zone.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm also mostly interested in what the f*** was going on with Bishop this whole playoff run.

Reactions: LT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig