GDT: SCF Game #6 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs Dallas Stars , 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ Tampa leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Good season for you guys despite the loss. Stars are an easy team to root for with player like Benn , Heiskanen , Dobby , Radulov. Hopefully you guys can build off this for next season. I was saying for the last 2 years to my buddy that the Stars are a sleeper team with some great players. You guys got some good players coming soon too like Harley , Robertson , Dellandrea , Oettinger to help ease pressure off the vets.

Reactions: sportswastaken

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Weirdly , I was barely disappointed after this one . Stars didn’t deserve to win the series . I don’t even know what they could do to beat them next year . We need a brayden point .

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Weirdly , I was barely disappointed after this one . Stars didn’t deserve to win the series . I don’t even know what they could do to beat them next year . We need a brayden point .

We need to hope Miro can continue improving and hope there is a another level to his game where he can takeover ala Erik Karlsson back on the Sens run. We aren’t gonna have a Point, but this playoff proved we don’t really need one. Our depth was key to our success and we couldn’t overcome when injuries started piling up.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Good run.

Not really that upset either, perhaps because it isn't the "real" playoffs, perhaps because I didn't think we would make it past the 2nd round and everything else was gravy. Not sure.

This team gave us some solid entertainment for 2 months which was amazing to follow.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Not upset or mad, this run was magical.I was too young to remember or care enough about Dallas back in 1999/2000, so this was the first SCF run i’ve been apart of. All I ever known was playoff disappointments up until now ... really i only started watching and appreciating the game and the Stars in 2003.

shit just hurts right now knowing we may have to wait another 20 years or more to ever reach the finals again, but what a run. So many great memories have come from this run ...

Proud of what the team accomplished, forcing a game 6 against an elite team, being down so many key players but still managing to bring it to 6. Kuddos to the boys.

also for those who ever questioned Benn’s captaincy ... i hope y’all will shut up now. He will go down one of the greatest Stars captain/player in history.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Also not too upset. After beating the Avs, I figured we were playing with house money. I was glad to see those three series wins, because there had always been questions of mental toughness, which I think this run answered. The loss to TB was to a clearly better team, with injuries to our side, etc., maybe too many to overcome the best team in hockey (probably). So, we know they are mentally tough, we think they still have a window to learn from this, and we also know there will be some changes outside the core, and maybe even in the core players (Dobby).

Off season will be interesting, maybe even more than usual. Draft in a week!

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Not upset or mad, this run was magical.I was too young to remember or care enough about Dallas back in 1999/2000, so this was the first SCF run i’ve been apart of. All I ever known was playoff disappointments up until now ... really i only started watching and appreciating the game and the Stars in 2003.

shit just hurts right now knowing we may have to wait another 20 years or more to ever reach the finals again, but what a run. So many great memories have come from this run ...

Proud of what the team accomplished, forcing a game 6 against an elite team, being down so many key players but still managing to bring it to 6. Kuddos to the boys.

also for those who ever questioned Benn’s captaincy ... i hope y’all will shut up now. He will go down one of the greatest Stars captain/player in history.
I don't think Benn will be that highly regarded.
A SCF run where he was largely invisible in the finals isn't going to age well beyond this initial period.
Maybe it comes out that he was also injured as significantly as Seguin was and that might save it some otherwise people are going to look back at his performance in the finals pretty negatively.

Reactions: Triple Ex El

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
We needed beast mode to show up for at least 1 game in the SCF. He was almost as invisible as Radulov. We wouldn't have gotten to the finals without some of his clutch play, but part of us losing in the end falls on his shoulders.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think he disappeared more against the Blues last year, but memory could be faulty, i.e., influenced by the wrap around miss that would have sealed the win. Other than that, I bet if we look back at almost every player, they have had a disappointing PO performance. In reality, TB was just better. Trying to cast out the whole team for losing in the finals is idiocy. Not that changes won't come, but the mentality should be an add to a good group, not taking away someone from fan spite.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Man this sucks still
It does but being completely honest I think last year bothered me more.
We got out played the majority of this series and it felt like the loss was inevitable here.
The St. Louis game 7 was definitely a game Bishop kept us in, but I still feel we were jobbed on the bodyslam to Zuccarello.
Idk how we got 5 periods and they didn't get 1 penalty. Especially the body slam on a sure goal. But that series felt like it was somewhat stolen from us by refs choosing to ignore infractions by 1 team even though St. Louis was skating circles around us all of game 7.
This it just never really felt the same.
Idk if it's because of the pause or time of year or that I didn't expect them to win the series from game 1 or what

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic Mittens

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016

I disagree with this completely. If this is the peak of what Benn brought Dallas he is going be regarded as the Captain that disappeared in the Cup final when his team needed him most and didn’t bring home the ultimate prize. And if his regular season production continues at its current pace it will almost completely tarnish the good years he had with us. Ultimately, in the end all that matters is if you can bring home the Cup. He still won’t hold a candle to guys that were part of ‘99 cup like Modano, Zubov, Belfour, Lehtinen, etc.

Benn has some good moments this playoff, but he hasn’t always great. 19 pts in 27 games is okay. We needed more out of him and were lucky we were getting scoring from other places (JFK) to have advanced as far as we did. I doubt he’s going to live up to the expectations of his contract for the rest of its duration. But, one thing that’s for sure is that this loss stings. If you watched that interview yesterday you can see the disappointment. The only thing we can hope for is that coming so close rejuvenates him (and Seguin) and we can get a couple more good years out off them and hopefully a Cup.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
The feeling that I got when we defeated the Flames, Avs and Knights was something that I've not had in a long time.
I remember coming home drunk and seeing the game 7 result vs the Avs and started pumping and shouting in a night train :laugh:

It was a very good (and weird) experience for the kids and they'll come back stronger for the next season :hyper:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I disagree with this completely. If this is the peak of what Benn brought Dallas he is going be regarded as the Captain that disappeared in the Cup final when his team needed him most and didn’t bring home the ultimate prize. And if his regular season production continues at its current pace it will almost completely tarnish the good years he had with us. Ultimately, in the end all that matters is if you can bring home the Cup. He still won’t hold a candle to guys that were part of ‘99 cup like Modano, Zubov, Belfour, Lehtinen, etc.

Benn has some good moments this playoff, but he hasn’t always great. 19 pts in 27 games is okay. We needed more out of him and were lucky we were getting scoring from other places (JFK) to have advanced as far as we did. I doubt he’s going to live up to the expectations of his contract for the rest of its duration. But, one thing that’s for sure is that this loss stings. If you watched that interview yesterday you can see the disappointment. The only thing we can hope for is that coming so close rejuvenates him (and Seguin) and we can get a couple more good years out off them and hopefully a Cup.

Well yeah those guys are Hall of Famers but they also had a Hall of Fame team/staff, Benn didn't exactly have that luxury. Bringing the Stars to the final given the expectations everyone had for Dallas entering the bubble is quite the accomplishment. Unfortunately the team ran into a lot of injury troubles and out of gas in the finals, including Benn.

Benn's story is not over yet, best case scenario this run will make Jamie motivated to get back to the finals and return to top form once again. Obviously there's a possibility that won't happen but I really don't think Benn deserves that much criticism during this run.

Also a little side comment, I'd give Benn 19 pts in 24 games. Counting the play in round towards the actual playoff stats was a dumb move by the NHL.

Reactions: Kipper 17

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It does but being completely honest I think last year bothered me more.
We got out played the majority of this series and it felt like the loss was inevitable here.
The St. Louis game 7 was definitely a game Bishop kept us in, but I still feel we were jobbed on the bodyslam to Zuccarello.
Idk how we got 5 periods and they didn't get 1 penalty. Especially the body slam on a sure goal. But that series felt like it was somewhat stolen from us by refs choosing to ignore infractions by 1 team even though St. Louis was skating circles around us all of game 7.
This it just never really felt the same.
Idk if it's because of the pause or time of year or that I didn't expect them to win the series from game 1 or what

I lost all confidence in the refs last playoffs when they let Bishop get scored on despite clearly being injured in the crease.

The reffing wasn’t good in this TBL series but it was back and forth. I had forgotten how atrocious it was against STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad