Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 5 - The Cup is TWO Wins Away ( for both teams )

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
do you think they can win if they lose game 5?

not even close to Dan but I will say yes to this question. In some ways, I like their chances better if they lose game 5. Why? Because they will have their backs against a wall in game 6 and if they win that game, we're talking game 7 at home where they lost the last two...extra motivation to not lose a third.

but...i so much prefer them to win tonight and then try to close it out Sunday.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I watched Pastrnak last game go into the corner and didn't want to touch the puck because Sundqvist was coming at him.
I know that play you were talking about. To be honest, I don't want Pasta playing the Kuraly-Acciari type puck possession against the glass kind of game. However, Pasta is not a cowardly player. He goes to tough areas.

Issue really is that it's the kind of space against the boards that being a dirty POS who couldn't care less about giving players brain injuries will get you.

That said, I think Pasta won that puck, anyway.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I stopped getting on people for spelling names wrong or getting numbers correct. I spent years botching Krejci, and I’ll spend years botching Grzelcyk. Numbers and spellings i don’t bother to commit to memory, ever. There’s just no room left in my head for trivial data like that
I know who they mean,and sure I am guilty of it also.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Seriously, what is wrong with the media and with some "fans" in here?! When you read the things what the wrote you would believe the Bruins would be down 0 - 3 and lost every game in a crushing way. The reality is that the Bruins despite being the worse team in their losses, they barely lost those game and hang in there. We are also just one game from a 7 - 2 win. Bruins are absolutey not done. I hope they kick the ass of that whiny dirty diver team and shove it down the media throaths ! Let's go Bruins! Two more wins!
I think this is what gets me. In games Boston has been the better team we've dominated on the scoreboard. In games that STL has been clearly the better team they've needed OT and a one goal game prior to EN time. Some people act like we're hanging on by our nails.

Bruins will dominate play tonight and the scoreboard.

Bruins will then either dominate game and scoreboard -- or Tuukka steals one for us -- in one of remaining two games.

The series is tied at two with us having home advantage. We have leaders who have won it in the room and know what it takes. Some fans act as though a Championship is somehow something we are predestined not to win.

It's St Louis that has never won a Cup. It is St Louis who is the longest active team without a Cup. We will continue that drought for them, and break their spirit. And they aren't getting this close again for a long long time. We will snuff out those dreams and relegate them to pre Championship Chicago Cub and Boston Red Sox territory.

This is not their year. It's ours.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I think this is what gets me. In games Boston has been the better team we've dominated on the scoreboard. In games that STL has been clearly the better team they've needed OT and a one goal game prior to EN time. Some people act like we're hanging on by our nails.

Bruins will dominate play tonight and the scoreboard.

Bruins will then either dominate game and scoreboard -- or Tuukka steals one for us -- in one of remaining two games.

The series is tied at two with us having home advantage. We have leaders who have won it in the room and know what it takes. Some fans act as though a Championship is somehow something we are predestined not to win.

It's St Louis that has never won a Cup. It is St Louis who is the longest active team without a Cup. We will continue that drought for them, and break their spirit. And they aren't getting this close again for a long long time. We will snuff out those dreams and relegate them to pre Championship Chicago Cub and Boston Red Sox territory.

This is not their year. It's ours.

Hell yeah!

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

No kidding McGuire. Did that ass hat mention the B's playing with 5 D twice in their wins? It's a puck in the face and a cheap shot that has affected the outcomes of the loses NOT the Blues physicality.

Poor officiating is affecting the Bruins when they allow infrations shift after shift. Bruins will win the cup regardless of the obvious agenda that's been plain to see.

If Z was the Z of 3-5 years ago I will promise you he would have been in the box 10 times by now in this series just for being mean.

Reactions: Sevendust

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Sad that Bruins get intimidated by a Russian & 2 Swedes who play 18 min a game and generate 3 shots between them. Friggin 35 year old steen! running around there like he’s Rinaldo or Wilson. Pathetic. Better man up and do you’re job. Chara won’t be there to cuddle you. Would be nice to see Carlo be more like Chara than Gill. Time to show what this team is made of. 2011 version would’ve swept these pretenders from st.louis. Go Bruins!

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
No kidding McGuire. Did that ass hat mention the B's playing with 5 D twice in their wins? It's a puck in the face and a cheap shot that has affected the outcomes of the loses NOT the Blues physicality.

Poor officiating is affecting the Bruins when they allow infrations shift after shift. Bruins will win the cup regardless of the obvious agenda that's been plain to see.

If Z was the Z of 3-5 years ago I will promise you he would have been in the box 10 times by now in this series just for being mean.
I don’t think he means necessarily the hit or Chara getting hurt,but the physical play has definitely been a big factor in how the Blus have played and the success they have had to get them to the finals,Yeah Bruins being down a defenceman definitely helped,but also Blues I think really took advantage of the situation bye wearing the other D down with there constant physical style.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sad that Bruins get intimidated by a Russian & 2 Swedes who play 18 min a game and generate 3 shots between them. Friggin 35 year old steen! running around there like he’s Rinaldo or Wilson. Pathetic. Better man up and do you’re job. Chara won’t be there to cuddle you. Would be nice to see Carlo be more like Chara than Gill. Time to show what this team is made of. 2011 version would’ve swept these pretenders from st.louis. Go Bruins!
I’m with you

If you put any of McQuaid Chara Lucic or Thornton up against any of those 4th line Blues guys it would look like a crime scene

It’s mind boggling these Blues guys are doing this

Great. There big but that’s it

Reactions: Spooner st

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
Just wanted to jump in here and say how lucky you guys/gals are to have someone like Fenway feeding you back stories, pics, and great info. I wish we had someone one the STL board doing that. Great job, Fenway!

It's entertaining reading the over the top comments from both boards. It's like some people are in two different universes.

Here's to a good three games and maybe, just maybe, the discussions can be about the games and not the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad