Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 5 - The Cup is TWO Wins Away ( for both teams )

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I actually think shorting them a forward would be a good thing, particular for Kuraly. Forces Cassidy to move the wings around. Now i know Kuraly isn’t more than a fringe 3rd Center at his best, but his motor might be enough for a flash of magic. It just takes 1.

I don`t think they have any other option but to dress 7 D, you can`t have one guy with a broken jaw and another coming off concussion and not adding a reinforcement in case either struggles big time or god forbid, gets injured again

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Did anybody see the instagram video of Sean Avery calling out Bruins fans saying hes gonna show up to game 5 and how were a bunch of *****es who wouldnt say anything to him in person and blah blah...

How does this guy have any followers? His entire schtick is basically the same from when he played...

And no I wouldn't say **** to you Avery, One because I could never afford a SCF game 5 ticket :(, but because it would fuel your ego and you'd be madder that the entire building ignored you than if someone actually knocked the dumbass out....Tho maybe that would finally rile the boys up seeing that on the jumbo-tron :laugh:
I would call him "Brave Steve" . He is an ass like he always was.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
So reading some of the twitter chatter from Z "speaking" with press and saying he can't talk or open mouth. Aside from the breathing issues, what could be the communication issues during play he'd face? Would it not be a big deal or something that will probably lead to a miscue here or there?

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
So reading some of the twitter chatter from Z "speaking" with press and saying he can't talk or open mouth. Aside from the breathing issues, what could be the communication issues during play he'd face? Would it not be a big deal or something that will probably lead to a miscue here or there?
I would think in the heat of the battle Z would talk even if it hurts like hell . I am only speculating though .

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Zdeno Chara participates in morning skate with Bruins - The Boston Globe

Wearing a jaw protector, Bruins captain Zdeno Chara took to the TD Garden ice for the morning skate before Game 5.

Coach Bruce Cassidy said both Chara and Matt Grzelcyk (concussion protocol) were game-time decisions, adding that team doctors have the final say on whether Chara could attempt to play.

“We’ll see how they feel at 7-7:30 tonight,” he said after the optional skate.

Reactions: Fenway

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
If Z plays and they go with 7 D I wouldn't be surprised if we only see him out there on the PK. Pretty risky at any other point to have him out there if he has issues communicating or breathing. I could see spotting him in from time to time in the first and third periods but with the long change in the second our D has been stuck out there for some long shifts.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Hope they get some industrial strength nasal strips on the big man, cuz he gon be doing all his heavy breathing up in the nose.

If they get Chara and Grzelcyk on the ice tonight in any capacity, i don’t see how that doesn’t light a gasoline fire under the ass of everybody on the bench.

All ****ing heart.

What difference does that make they'd still be in the locker room pregame even if they don't play.

I think we are going to hand St Louis the Cup if we try and play guys who are injured especially D men retreiving pucks who are the easiest to target. I don't want either playing tonight.

And I think we are going to blow them out otherwise. I hate this and we should be learning from how moronic letting Bergeron play with a life threatening injury was in 2013.

Reactions: Noweare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad