Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 5 - The Cup is TWO Wins Away ( for both teams )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-6-5_9-52-21.png

upload_2019-6-5_9-53-6.png

gettyimages-969617386-e1535724816637.jpg

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
We need this one!

I’d like to think Chara is good to go. With Gryz returning for Game 6.

We need the top 6 to come alive here and wake up, if not this series is over. The Coyle line can’t be the only line showing up every night.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
personally, I think losing Chara could work out in the bruins favor and here's why:

In most hockey games, you're either the hammer, or you're the nail.

The bruins were NEVER going to be the hammer in this series. When you're a generic home depot hammer, and your opponent is Mjolnir...you're not winning that battle.

So losing chara means you lose three things: Leadership, physical presence,and pk ability

Leadership: If this bruins team cant get it done with the guys they have minus chara, that's on them

PK: The blues powerplay is trash, and the bruins looked great on the PK even after chara left

Physical presence: Chara can only do so much,and to this point, he hasn't balanced out this gameplay. The bruins need to win another way. They aren't going to out hammer Mjolnir

The bruins play better when they lose a guy like chara. The rest of the line up steps up, and this is what we need right now

chara or no chara, pastrnak and marchand need to play like they can. And I believe chara's absence will be what finally motivates them to do so.

Last, if they play with 7 d and subtract backes. You just added a ton of speed to your line up, and you're more covered if another D goes down. We've lost both games when having to play 5 d and won both games we had 6 d in.

NOW...here's the question. Say the bruins win game 5 without chara or gryzz....do you put Chara back in if he wants to go in game 6? I say no. I say try to win game 6 and then put him in game 7 if you really feel like it's needed. At that point you're leaving it all out there. If chara wants to lay up all summer with a sore face for a chance for the cup, that's his decision. But we still have some room to work with here

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There are only 4 refs working the SCF so far - A 5th Wes McCauley could work if his hamstring injury heals.

In the 2 games that Steve Kozari and Kelly Sutherland have worked - The Bruins won both

In the 2 games that Gord Dwyer and Chris Rooney have worked - The Bruins lost both.

:popcorn:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
No excuses at this point. Have to find a way to put the puck into the net.

Bad reffing? One goal in game 2, and a couple goals in game 4 would have negated that. Reffing cannot be controlled, scoring can.

Dirty play and late hits? Maybe try stringing a couple passes together and take advantage of the moron Blues players putting themselves continually out of position.

Playing hurt? Yeah, well basically everyone is. Deal with it or have fun golfing all summer thinking about what could've been.

Getting outhit? Hit back. Be the aggressor. It opens up more room. This team wins when it asserts itself physically.

The Blues want this Cup badly. They are diving, trying to injure, and playing hungry. None of those things are going to change. They are what they are: a good team doing everything they can to win. The Bs are a better team, but are they as hungry? My feeling is they are. Go Bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
IF Chara is ruled out, I'd be genuinely curious to see if Bergeron would get the "C". Don't think there's any insecurity there with Z, he's referred to Bergeron as his co-captain and it looked like they both led the team over to the trophy when they won the Conference. The Garden would go absolutely nuts, could be a big-time emotional boost.

Reactions: Strafer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
IF Chara is ruled out, I'd be genuinely curious to see if Bergeron would get the "C". Don't think there's any insecurity there with Z, he's referred to Bergeron as his co-captain and it looked like they both led the team over to the trophy when they won the Conference. The Garden would go absolutely nuts, could be a big-time emotional boost.

I think they usually just add an A to another guy.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Marchand needs to pick up his play. The first clip where he passes instead of shoots is just very unlike Marchand. His hockey IQ has been very suspect in these finals and that's just not Marchand. He needs to get his head right and just play the game.

There was one other play that's not on the clips where he had Pasta open in front and he shot when he should of passed it off, just uncharacteristic plays by Marchand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad