Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2 - PART 2

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
Assuming Chara out, assuming Gryzlek out, assuming 7D:

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Johansson Coyle Heinen
DeBrusk Krejci (rotate)
Nordstrom Kuraly Acciari

Moore McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Vaakaneinen Clifton
*Kampfer
I agreed 90 percent except : Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Johansson Krejci Coyle
DeBrusk Kuraly Heinen
Nordstrom ???????? Acciari

2 first line 6 best players in the play off
Cassidy rotate 4 line

Defense same

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
What happened to your balls, get a grip on reality. Caliss
As someone that deals with crippling anxiety, my mind ALWAYS goes to worst case scenario.

Even something as mundane as someone being 30 mins late.

So maybe take your balls comment and go away?

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
It's interesting to see the reactions to this loss. Game 3: The Bruins rolled St. Louis in their own building, lit up their goaltender, sniped 4 pp goals. Game 4...the Bruins lost their best penalty killer, stable defenseman, and captain part way through an extremely tight game...and it was a tight game to the end.
Folks are concerned about how the team didn't put forth the effort, etc. Losing a guy like Chara must have been really challenging. St. Louis was absolutely desperate to win that game..if they lose, the series is likely over. My feeling is, give St. Louis credit, they played extremely hard, cleaned up their penalty-trouble, and took advantage of the fact that Boston was down to 5 Dmen. The B's were exhausted...how can you blame them?

The B's earned the split. We have a best of 3 series with:

The better goaltender.
Home ice advantage.
Veteran leadership.

buuut...

Significant injuries to defense, and possibly/likely at least one key forward.

If you HAD to bet something that you would never ever actually bet (you know, like your first born child, lol). Would you really be confident right now betting on EITHER team? I sure wouldn't. My honest, "if I had no choice and had to bet" decision...I'd go with the Bruins. They have experience, skill, plenty of desire to win, and a hot goalie. For me, I don't like betting against a hot goalie.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Most likely the latter. We have a poor performing top 6, half of which have been part of the reason why the Bruins have failed to deliver in 2012, 2013, 2014, and last year. Time to make drastic changes this summer if they lose the next two.
Let's hire Babcock

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Assuming Chara out, assuming Gryzlek out, assuming 7D:

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Johansson Coyle Heinen
DeBrusk Krejci (rotate)
Nordstrom Kuraly Acciari

Moore McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Vaakaneinen Clifton
*Kampfer
Marchy Bergy Coyle
Debrusk Krejci Pasta
Nords Kuraly Mojo
Heinen Acciari Backes

You can play around or go back to Norm. I honestly believe our D is still fine. Forwards NEED a shakeup.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Marchy Bergy Coyle
Debrusk Krejci Pasta
Nords Kuraly Mojo
Heinen Acciari Backes

You can play around or go back to Norm. I honestly believe our D is still fine. Forwards NEED a shakeup.
That’s really drastic. Your 3rd line looks brutal. Not opposed to a minor shake up. But the series is 2-2.

Not sure what I’d do ignore I were Cassidy. I think I’d stick to what’s for us this far. Show confidence in the team. Considering the Blues are finding success via lucky puck bounces/ rebounds. I think the B’s come out hungry Thursday on home ice and take a 3-2 series lead.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Did the Blues outplay the Bruins in games 2&4? Yes. But I don’t think you can generalize that and say the Blues are the better 5v5 team. In both games where the Blues were good, the Bs played long stretches with 5D. Although this is not the entire reason, it definitely contributed to the Blues ability of trapping the Bs in their zone. This didn’t happen nearly as much in games 1&3 where the Bs had 6D.

And I’m definitely not saying losing Chara is a positive but it might help with getting the puck out of our zone.

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m a Chara fan. But call me crazy, I’m more concerned with Gryzlek’s health at the moment.
If Chara misses a game the boys can survive, IF Gryzlek can play.

With that said, if Chara is out for more than a game, that will hurt.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
This is going to be a long 40-something hours. :thumbd: Lots of "what ifs" and speculation/hyperbolization/hypothesizing.

I don't want to think I brewed that Stanley Cup pale ale for nothing. Well, I'll still drink it, but...:cheers:want it Cup-worthy.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
That’s really drastic. Your 3rd line looks brutal. Not opposed to a minor shake up. But the series is 2-2.

Not sure what I’d do ignore I were Cassidy. I think I’d stick to what’s for us this far. Show confidence in the team. Considering the Blues are finding success via lucky puck bounces/ rebounds. I think the B’s come out hungry Thursday on home ice and take a 3-2 series lead.
Some of our best performers on that 3rd line!

I want to open this series up! Go speed and skill all the way!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad