Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 3 - B's Regain Home Ice - BRUINS 7 Blues 2 F - BRUINS LEAD SERIES 2-1

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
From frenzy to frustrated: Blues fall flat in first Stanley Cup Final game here since 1970

The Bruins sure know how to spoil a party. With the city abuzz with Cup fever, and the crowd as jacked up as it’s been all season or maybe in years the eagerly-anticipated contest turned into a huge letdown.

No amount of celebrities or star athletes in attendance could change the momentum Saturday.

St. Louis actors Jon Hamm and Jenna Fischer were in the house. So was Olympic star Jackie Joyner-Kersee and former St. Louis Rams Isaac Bruce and Chris Long.

Even Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was in the stands, shown on the video board wearing a Blues jersey and chugging a beer.

But Boston had almost as many power-play goals as the Blues had celebrity sightings. The Bruins scored four times with the man advantage - on just four shots - and finished with seven Bruins scoring a goal apiece.

The Blues were missing one of their top penalty-kill players in the suspended Oskar Sundqvist. But 4-for-4?

“There were some deflections,” coach Craig Berube said. “Two of them. One went off of (Patrice) Bergeron with a deflection - we didn’t get his stick. One went off (Jay) Bouwmeester’s stick and in. We’ve got to be better. Penalty kill’s got to be better.”

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Honestly can’t believe they would go with that strategy to try and hit us out of the game after finally playing well and looking like the better team secondhalf of G2. Yeah you will get away with plenty of penalties they can’t call all of them but they will call some.

Our top 2 lines are doing nothing even strength and it’s like St Louis wanted to put us on the PP we would have had 1 or 2 all night and possibly not scored on them if they weren’t so hellbent on running Rask and trying to knock someone out of the game. The whole teams doing it too.

Very impressed with Krugs leadership responding to that and making them pay on the scoreboard not by swinging a stick at a guy.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Fun tilt to watch, we watched an experienced and poised leadership group step up after being called out and questioned (rightly so) after a very pedestrian if not poor first two games.

Tuukka doing his thing, thought Moore played a sound game.

Good news, the B`s earned this one and blew em` out

Bad news, no such thing as momentum from game to game in the playoffs IMO and this one ain`t over with one blowout win but still a great way to recapture home ice

The B`s should be blasting this vid and tune for game 5

If momentum from game to game was a certainty then the Bruins wouldn’t have had any chance at all going into game 3 . Tomorrow should be a close one but I did feel the Bruins had a lot of rust physically and mentally in not just game 1 but game 2 and they appear ready to settle into a nice groove . The Bruins can win tomorrow and I think they will eke one out .

Reactions: JOKER 192

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-6-2_13-51-55.png

Best seats we could get with the Cubs in town

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
2–1 is a close series but I’m still not impressed with this Blues team. Nothing stands out to me. Their offense has benefited from lucky/ timely bounces, their defense gets hemmed in often, and now we see Binnington totally lose it. It’s clear their objective is to outhit and intimidate the Bruins. But as Bruins fans we know that doesn’t work against a Bruins team.

Kudos to the Bruins, in a few instances as a fan I was foaming at the mouth looking for retaliation. But they’re keeping their cool and making the Blues pay on the scoreboard for their reckless play.

Bruins in 5!

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don’t agree with all the calls against the Bruins either,what is your point

He's crying about penalties? If it wasn't for some pretty clear non-calls on the Blues in OT in game 2, he likely would be losing this series 3-0. If I was him I would STFU , his Blues are getting away with murder in this series.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Holy hell the tears toward the officials are just insufferable. I will even admit that the officiating has been really really bad this whole post season, and it’s frustrating at times, but it’s been evenly poor through three games.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
The whole “get completely outplayed, but somehow indirectly lay blame at the feet of the refs” thing is very Canucks 2011ish.
I was thinking the same thing. We had half the power plays that the Canucks did and somehow managed to score more shorthanded goals than they did power-play goals. But that’s all the refs fault I guess

Reactions: N o o d l e s

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad