Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 2 - Blues take Game 2 over Bruins, even Stanley Cup Final series at 1-1

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I hope so :)

@Gee Wally My bag is headed for San Diego

61326815_10217884548758080_8499821732838768640_n.jpg
oh no. Oops.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Everybody calm down yet? I was going to say some things last night after the game, but there was about 35 posts in a row that were the biggest doom and gloom bitchfest etc I've ever witnessed in my entire life.

Frustrating game obviously after how we dominated Game 1. Losing Gryz was a killer, I truly believe that. If he doesn't get hurt I think we win that game. We had chances. One beingPasta point blank off a faceoff, had room and shot it right at Binnington. Bottom line they gotta play better Saturday night and win that game.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Bruins play well on the road, can keep it simple and not worry about putting on a show for the fans. Pressure on STL to win at home for a rabid fan base.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Berserk Blues Were Ready To Take On Anybody To Win Game 2: The Bruins, Big Papi, Brady, Gronk, Damon, Affleck, The Wahlbergs.

After the Blues hushed the loudmouths in Boston with a blue-streak flare of an overtime goal by Carl Gunnarson, I put this note on Twitter:

The St. Louis Blues played their first regular-season NHL game on Oct. 11, 1967 … and 51 years, 7 months and 18 days later — 18,585 days in all — they’ve won their first game in a Stanley Cup Final.

Hey, it took the franchise only 4,432 games — regular season and postseason combined — to get it done. But this was just another step … a step closer to the ultimate NHL prize.

After losing the opener, the Blues had to seize a victory in Game 2. They could not afford to go down 0-2 in a best-of-seven Stanley Cup Final to a peaking Bruins team that bullied their way to eight wins in succession — outscoring victims by 21 goals in a presumptive march to the championship.

In Stanley Cup Final history, the home teams that captured the first two games have gone on to win the series 92.3 percent of the time.

To beat those odds, the Blues had to beat the Bruins. And with a 3-2 cardiac-arrest of a coup on Wednesday night, the Blues rode Gunnarson’s blue-streak goal home with a 1-1 series deadlock.

In no specifically arranged order, here’s why it happened … this emotional and electric triumph that was more than 27 million minutes in the making since that very first Blues game in 1967 ….

1. The Blues played harder, and with more heart, than any team I’ve seen in one game.
Nothing, it seems, would deny the boys a win in Game 2. It was something to behold; these guys were skating as if possessed by demons. They were berserk. Their skates were on fire. All of the water in Boston Harbor couldn’t have hosed them down. These guys were ready to take on the Afflecks, Matt Damon, The Wahlbergs, Aerosmith, Big Papi Ortiz, Gronk, John Krasinski, Tom Brady, Bobby Orr, Larry Bird, Dennis Leary … hell, bring on the Dropkick Murphys while you’re at it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The Berserk Blues Were Ready To Take On Anybody To Win Game 2: The Bruins, Big Papi, Brady, Gronk, Damon, Affleck, The Wahlbergs.

After the Blues hushed the loudmouths in Boston with a blue-streak flare of an overtime goal by Carl Gunnarson, I put this note on Twitter:

The St. Louis Blues played their first regular-season NHL game on Oct. 11, 1967 … and 51 years, 7 months and 18 days later — 18,585 days in all — they’ve won their first game in a Stanley Cup Final.

Hey, it took the franchise only 4,432 games — regular season and postseason combined — to get it done. But this was just another step … a step closer to the ultimate NHL prize.

After losing the opener, the Blues had to seize a victory in Game 2. They could not afford to go down 0-2 in a best-of-seven Stanley Cup Final to a peaking Bruins team that bullied their way to eight wins in succession — outscoring victims by 21 goals in a presumptive march to the championship.

In Stanley Cup Final history, the home teams that captured the first two games have gone on to win the series 92.3 percent of the time.

To beat those odds, the Blues had to beat the Bruins. And with a 3-2 cardiac-arrest of a coup on Wednesday night, the Blues rode Gunnarson’s blue-streak goal home with a 1-1 series deadlock.

In no specifically arranged order, here’s why it happened … this emotional and electric triumph that was more than 27 million minutes in the making since that very first Blues game in 1967 ….

1. The Blues played harder, and with more heart, than any team I’ve seen in one game.
Nothing, it seems, would deny the boys a win in Game 2. It was something to behold; these guys were skating as if possessed by demons. They were berserk. Their skates were on fire. All of the water in Boston Harbor couldn’t have hosed them down. These guys were ready to take on the Afflecks, Matt Damon, The Wahlbergs, Aerosmith, Big Papi Ortiz, Gronk, John Krasinski, Tom Brady, Bobby Orr, Larry Bird, Dennis Leary … hell, bring on the Dropkick Murphys while you’re at it.
This is a terrible piece.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
This is a terrible piece.

He makes it sound like it was a blowout

All that, combined with the Bruins playing maybe their worst game and down a D-man, and they scratched out a win in OT? Sure...

Guy needs to get a grip

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

Is this a real article? The premise is overtly dumb but the writing is even worse. Someone got paid for this?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He makes it sound like it was a blowout

All that, combined with the Bruins playing maybe their worst game and down a D-man, and they scratched out a win in OT? Sure...

Guy needs to get a grip
It’s clear what he was trying to do and he failed miserably. It’s like he went on Wikipedia and looked up “famous people from Boston”.

This and the whole Boston accent crap is stale. Try again.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Everybody calm down yet? I was going to say some things last night after the game, but there was about 35 posts in a row that were the biggest doom and gloom *****fest etc I've ever witnessed in my entire life.

Frustrating game obviously after how we dominated Game 1. Losing Gryz was a killer, I truly believe that. If he doesn't get hurt I think we win that game. We had chances. One beingPasta point blank off a faceoff, had room and shot it right at Binnington. Bottom line they gotta play better Saturday night and win that game.
Yep Bruins dominated the Blues for two periods in the first game .and the Blues dominated the Bruins for two periods and totally dominated them for the OT last night ,on to the next game we’ll see what happens,Would expect the Blues to play the same physical game ,Bruins will need to adapt to handle it better,the same way the Blues did over the first game.Bruins I think really have played better on the road,so I’m not really to concerned,now if the Blues totally dominate them again on Saturday and win again,then yes I will be very worried,especially if the top line sucks again.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Couldn't disagree more. The NHL put a rule in where you can't hit a player from behind when you see his numbers, unfortunately the on ice officials don't make the call often enough and serious injuries happen because of it.

The lack of respect by some players towards the opponents is mind-blowing and it becomes tenfold by some when their only a series away from winning the Cup, but to compare taking a cheap-shot hit in the back into the boards to a blocking a shot, is way off base.

We actually agree.
Might point is....players should be able to go into a corner and not worry about getting nailed from behind.
Does Cherry want players to stop 5 feet before the puck to check to see if the coast is clear? Then he'd squawk that the guy is a wuss.

Whether Gryz turned or not like Cherry is implying...his back was towards the Blues player.
You think a player would let up.
Not today.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Is this a real article? The premise is overtly dumb but the writing is even worse. Someone got paid for this?

Bernie Miklasz (born Bernard Joseph Miklasz February 15, 1959) is an American sportswriter and sports radiopersonality. He was the lead sports columnist at the St. Louis Post Dispatch from 1999 to 2015. He hosts the morning show on 101 ESPN in St. Louis. Miklasz is a native of Baltimore, MD, and moved to St. Louis in 1985 to cover professional football for the Post-Dispatch. He has also worked at the Baltimore News-American and the Dallas Morning News.

Bernie Miklasz - Wikipedia

KingKrug47

May 21, 2019
My guess is 1 game suspension. If Thomas isnt ready to go in game 3 I assume they keep Fabbri in and insert Sanford in as well

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
We actually agree.
Might point is....players should be able to go into a corner and not worry about getting nailed from behind.
Does Cherry want players to stop 5 feet before the puck to check to see if the coast is clear? Then he'd squawk that the guy is a wuss.

Whether Gryz turned or not like Cherry is implying...his back was towards the Blues player.
You think a player would let up.
Not today.
Interesting because for year's Cherry was demanding that there be the "no touch icing." I remember clip after clip he would show of guys' legs getting destroyed because they were trying to prevent the icing call. Wouldn't this be synonymous?

Reactions: nORRis8

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
We should be changing that last bit there considering he’s been rather poor to say the least.

How soon we forget.

Toronto: Game 6 1 A, Game 7 1G (Completely neutralized their top line to nothing).
Carolina: Game 4 2G, 1A (Completely neutralized their top line to do nothing).

He shows up when it matters most and figures out a way to make the best in the world seem like 4th liners.

As much as the emotions take over this fanbase and an OT game 2 loss can feel like the end of the world, the top line has always shown up when it matters most.

So I say to all my fellow Bruins fans who are quick to condemn the lack of scoring from the top line:

Keep
Calm
And
Bergeron

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
How soon we forget.

Toronto: Game 6 1 A, Game 7 1G (Completely neutralized their top line to nothing).
Carolina: Game 4 2G, 1A (Completely neutralized their top line to do nothing).

He shows up when it matters most and figures out a way to make the best in the world seem like 4th liners.

As much as the emotions take over this fanbase and an OT game 2 loss can feel like the end of the world, the top line has always shown up when it matters most.

So I say to all my fellow Bruins fans who are quick to condemn the lack of scoring from the top line:

Keep
Calm
And
Bergeron

I’m trying to share your optimism, truly. I commend your optimism. The top six concerns me though. I know that certain guys on this team really nut up when all the chips are on the table, I’m juuuust a little concerned. I think there’s plenty of justification for concern, but also reasons to keep the faith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad