Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 2 - Blues take Game 2 over Bruins, even Stanley Cup Final series at 1-1

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Man this place is bipolar with every win and loss. Two days ago this team was going to sweep the series in 4, now the sky is falling. Don't ever change, HF...:laugh:

So true, grateful they are even here.. At the beginning of season no one in their wildest dreams would believe they would be competing for the Stanley Cup.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Go early, because they run out...

and bring me back half a rack while you are at it......

P.S. I expect pictures.

@RoccoF14
TGvzo49K48oX4zFtTsUMxxyFFFOEzPE1UmqGtZKgL7s.jpg

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
For anyone who may be interested there's an excellent hockey documentary on Netflix called ICE GUARDIANS. Many enforcers from years ago, including Dave Schultz, are interviewed. It's a real eye opener. One of the topics discussed is that the newer rules discouraging hockey fights is actually causing more severe injuries on the ice. Well worth checking out.

Reactions: rfournier103

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Blues had a good game plan.

If the Blues game plan was to try to injure as many Bruins as possible by head-hunting, slashing at face offs and crashing into the goalie, then I guess it was a good game plan because it got them a win.

As bad as the B's played they still had good chances to win this game but most of the veterans looked like rookies last night

The top 2 lines have to start producing some goals starting next game if the Bruins are going to win this series

I love Marchand, but he has to calm down because he's playing too angry and not making good decisions right now, and it's affecting his game. I would tell the first line to start shooting more unless there's an obvious high percentage pass play for a goal.....otherwise SHOOT when you've got a good shot

Reactions: McGarnagle

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Marchand's boneheaded play on the McAvoy pinch led directly to the tying goal. If he plays defense instead of whatever that was, we win 2-1.

Tell that line to simplify. Save the fancy stuff for the regular season. Now just be greasy, get pucks on net, and bang home one of the many rebounds binnington gives up. It's not rocket science.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
If the Blues game plan was to try to injure as many Bruins as possible by head-hunting, slashing at face offs and crashing into the goalie, then I guess it was a good game plan because it got them a win.

As bad as the B's played they still had good chances to win this game but most of the veterans looked like rookies last night

The top 2 lines have to start producing some goals starting next game if the Bruins are going to win this series

I love Marchand, but he has to calm down because he's playing too angry and not making good decisions right now, and it's affecting his game. I would tell the first line to start shooting more unless there's an obvious high percentage pass play for a goal.....otherwise SHOOT when you've got a good shot

I agree with this. The blues we're extremely undisciplined in games one and two. Even more so in game two. Unfortunately, the ten day layoff killed all the PP momentum the B's had.

I fully expect more undisciplined play in game 3. More slashing, more head hunting, more running Rask. I think St Louis is perfectly happy if the B's continue to go 1 for 5 on the PP. Because they've been even 5 on 5. The Bruins have to make the blues pay for their silly penalties.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyorr04

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I agree with this. The blues we're extremely undisciplined in games one and two. Even more so in game two. Unfortunately, the ten day layoff killed all the PP momentum the B's had.

I fully expect more undisciplined play in game 3. More slashing, more head hunting, more running Rask. I think St Louis is perfectly happy if the B's continue to go 1 for 5 on the PP. Because they've been even 5 on 5. The Bruins have to make the blues pay for their silly penalties.
I sadly agree. I would like to see St Louis penalized for pulling helmets off. It’s happened twice now and I’ve seen a few other attempts.

Bruins need to up their game and control the puck better. Give a few more hits and take a few.

I think the Bruins can adjust but they can’t play the timid hockey we saw on Wednesday.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

berglund58

May 22, 2019

Pappy's is definitely a good choice. I saw somebody told you Crown Candy, just be aware you're entering a very poor part of town going there. BLT is worth it though if you like bacon.

The hill has some good Italian restaurants as somebody else suggested. If you like going to breweries, Urban Chestnut and 4 Hands are both good choices. Schlafly is also popular, but I'd recommend the other two personally.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nope. The Blues are gonna bring the physicality more and more this series. It would be a terrible idea to take out the one player who really plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's a vet who knows how to play the game the right way. Kuhlman isn't just gonna slot in and suddenly fix line 2. That line may not be producing but it's certainly not Backes fault.
Backes may not be the problem but he is not the solution. That line needs an infusion of skill and speed, right now they are 3 players playing individual games with no flow or chemistry.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nephew got this tattoo this week. he became a Bruin fan because of me, his Dad is a Leaf fan,lol.

62011594_10156421281408932_3438063355569373184_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad