Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 2 - Blues take Game 2 over Bruins, even Stanley Cup Final series at 1-1

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Bruins sucked in game 2, and still had multiple chances near the end to win a poor played game.
dont expect another poor effort the rest of the way. i believe in our core. Expect marchand to be the best player in game 3.

cheers.

Reactions: trenton1

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I’m trying to share your optimism, truly. I commend your optimism. The top six concerns me though. I know that certain guys on this team really nut up when all the chips are on the table, I’m juuuust a little concerned. I think there’s plenty of justification for concern, but also reasons to keep the faith.

I just ask myself, 'when was the last time that line didn't show up and dominate when it mattered most in a series?'

The answer is never. Last year against Tampa Bay, they continued to dominate but the Bruins lacked secondary scoring. They've never been neutralized or controlled only held at bay for a time. They figure out the coverage as a line by game 3.

Now the Bruins have some secondary scoring and need the top line to beat out the Western Conference's top line. It's the biggest challenge since facing Tavares and Marner.

Krejci will find DeBrusk on Saturday.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
if this wasnt the St. louis blues, Backes would not be playing in game 3. ya, he brings the physical quality. But he just cant produce at a top 2 line level. i much rather prefer Karson Kuhlman on line 2, and Backes lower in the lineup. But with how good, lines 3 and 4 have been, that wont happen, and Backes is stuck on line 2.

aguineapig

Captain Obvious could be a Private and figure out that Bergy and crew have had a rough go of it in the first two games.But this is for all the chips, and I throw mine all in with these guys. A good shift, a lucky bounce or a Blues mistake could be all it takes to set 'em in motion again, we've seen it against Leafs and Blue Jackets and once they rev it up they could take over this series. Or not. What alternative do we got, Stempniak went home didn't he? These guys, at least Bergy and March have the 2011 Cup, and the World Cup or whatever the hell they call that thing a couple of seasons ago with Crosby. And an Olympic Gold for Bergy. I still see Pasta flying into guys despite giving up size. The mistake on the Tarasenko goal in Gm 1 never would have been committed by Seguin 'cause he wouldn't be on the backcheck. It could be injuries we do not know, but these three have always had heart and soul and whatever happens I'm all in, and will never doubt 'em.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I just ask myself, 'when was the last time that line didn't show up and dominate when it mattered most in a series?'

The answer is never. Last year against Tampa Bay, they continued to dominate but the Bruins lacked secondary scoring. They've never been neutralized or controlled only held at bay for a time. They figure out the coverage as a line by game 3.

Now the Bruins have some secondary scoring and need the top line to beat out the Western Conference's top line. It's the biggest challenge since facing Tavares and Marner.

Krejci will find DeBrusk on Saturday.

Thank you. I needed this badly

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
if this wasnt the St. louis blues, Backes would not be playing in game 3. ya, he brings the physical quality. But he just cant produce at a top 2 line level. i much rather prefer Karson Kuhlman on line 2, and Backes lower in the lineup. But with how good, lines 3 and 4 have been, that wont happen, and Backes is stuck on line 2.

I know it isn't prime Backes but I still think he is a better player than Kuhlman for the playoffs.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Disagree completely. Backes has been exactly what i expected. Nothing fancy, but he plays like a jerk when nobody else will. Straight line hockey.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Man this place is bipolar with every win and loss. Two days ago this team was going to sweep the series in 4, now the sky is falling. Don't ever change, HF...:laugh:
I never thought it would be a sweep.

I fully expected St Louis to play better in game 2 and I think this still goes 6 or 7 barring some major injury to either team.

I think the Bruins will adjust and I think games 3/4 will likely be another split.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I never thought it would be a sweep.

I fully expected St Louis to play better in game 2 and I think this still goes 6 or 7 barring some major injury to either team.

I think the Bruins will adjust and I think games 3/4 will likely be another split.

I'm expecting a split as well. I think the Bruins have the more talented team, but they need to start getting contributions from the top 6. I get that everyone has been on the top line for not producing in this series yet, but really, the second line has done nothing as well. So to me, all they need is one of those lines to get hot and all will be well.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Beautiful dinner. Seafood chowder. Lobster rolls. Dessert. Excellent. Get in the car and Adam Jones is blaming Rask for 2013, and saying he’s not been good this series

DJ Bean is going easy on him but at least he’s actually trying to tell Jones he’s way off.

Reactions: lopey

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
BE0BF46E-F89B-4C1F-BC1F-E2828491434B.jpeg
Another day another Bruin and this guy guaranteed me a good effort on Saturday . Could use his size on our blueline .

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Krech needs help, Backes has to sit, he is killing that line. Time to inject Kuhlman to give that line some talent/speed.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Krech needs help, Backes has to sit, he is killing that line. Time to inject Kuhlman to give that line some talent/speed.

Nope. The Blues are gonna bring the physicality more and more this series. It would be a terrible idea to take out the one player who really plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's a vet who knows how to play the game the right way. Kuhlman isn't just gonna slot in and suddenly fix line 2. That line may not be producing but it's certainly not Backes fault.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Nope. The Blues are gonna bring the physicality more and more this series. It would be a terrible idea to take out the one player who really plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's a vet who knows how to play the game the right way. Kuhlman isn't just gonna slot in and suddenly fix line 2. That line may not be producing but it's certainly not Backes fault.
If anything, the fire that Backes has to produce/contribute against his former team may prove stronger in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad