Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 2 - Blues take Game 2 over Bruins, even Stanley Cup Final series at 1-1

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I wanted to hit him last night .
oQvpRPoB6BCyk.gif

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
:laugh: well I am not quite ready for a final goodbye. You folks are stuck with me for now. .I am having neck, back and shoulder pain and now have taken a few pills...one a muscle relaxer. I am feeling a bit tired.
Go rest and let go that anger, it'll help with the pain.

Reactions: Ladyfan

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
F Sundqvist. I hope he sits at least a game. If not I hope he gets hit hard, clean and often.
I'd settle for Hard and often. Too me that's a dirty hit. Grizz numbers were facing him the whole time, its not like Grizz turned at the last second. Sundqvist had plenty of time to know he shouldn't of made that hit. He was trying to injure Grizz no doubt about it, just like the runs they were taking at Tuukka.

They know their not as skilled as the Bruins so their using some 70 tactics . Im hoping he gets at least two games but hell with the Dopes at DOPS he'll probably get a raise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spooner st

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Here's thing....Gryzlyk knows he might get hit or anyone else knows this if they go into a corner. It's called "sacrificing your body" just as it is to block a shot.
Dons thinking is stupid. If I guy was standing near the railing at Niagara Falls and someone bumps into him and he goes into the water and dies...Dons way of thinking is say the guys fault for standing near the railing.

Sheeesh. ..just when I started to watch CC again after many years of not

Couldn't disagree more. The NHL put a rule in where you can't hit a player from behind when you see his numbers, unfortunately the on ice officials don't make the call often enough and serious injuries happen because of it.

The lack of respect by some players towards the opponents is mind-blowing and it becomes tenfold by some when their only a series away from winning the Cup, but to compare taking a cheap-shot hit in the back into the boards to a blocking a shot, is way off base.

aguineapig

Maroon is a giveaway machine.
Any Blues fan should go back and look at what was being said in their threads back around New Year's. He seemed to be suffering the same fate as Backes was here, so I checked a while back. Total waste of roster space, hometown boy signing was waste of contract, slow and obsolete, and something about they would take a bag of pretzels for him. So he scored a couple of goals and is the reincarnation of Terrible Ted Lindsay all of a sudden?

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Any Blues fan should go back and look at what was being said in their threads back around New Year's. He seemed to be suffering the same fate as Backes was here, so I checked a while back. Total waste of roster space, hometown boy signing was waste of contract, slow and obsolete, and something about they would take a bag of pretzels for him. So he scored a couple of goals and is the reincarnation of Terrible Ted Lindsay all of a sudden?

He's always played us tough...Even back when he was with Edmonton.

In fact, there were a few posters on this board wanting to get him at the deadline last year.

I thought he was excellent for them last night.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yes it was very dirty - Marchand snaps a stick before a face0ff and the world goes crazy, DeBrusk gets slashed badly before a faceoff and no one talks about it. I am so sick and tired of the media.
NBC crew talked about it. Crediting Larry Robinson for how much he's taught the Blues defense. Unbelievable, like you said if that was Marchy it would be crucification time.

Also Olcyzk saying that the NHL officials got it right (on the Grizz hit) sounds like a guy who bets a lot :sarcasm: and has put his money down on the blues and is using his color commentating position in an attempt to influence the outcome of a potential disciplinary hearing.

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
“I don’t think that’s a hit we want in our game,” Backes said. “It was from behind, elevated into his head into the glass. If that’s a two minute penalty, there’s going to be a shortage of defenseman I think in this series by the end of it, but that’s in somebody’s else’s hands. That’s something I think if I’m making that hit, I’m probably watching from the bleachers for a few. But we’ll see what happens with their player.”

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I remember after the Tampa series last year Sweeney thought the left side of the D needed a size upgrade but still felt someone was needed to move the puck
Bruins then sign Moore
I like Gryz he played dam good but when Moore was healthy should the Bruins have played Moore more
Hope Gryz is ok kid works hard out there

aguineapig

He's always played us tough...Even back when he was with Edmonton.

In fact, there were a few posters on this board wanting to get him at the deadline last year.

I thought he was excellent for them last night.
A jab at fan base fickledom, including here. Hell, anybody that has made the NHL is a success in my eye.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
What have I done to wind up spending 5 nights in this hellhole of a city

61473281_10217884241510399_3352230633182068736_n.jpg

On a serious note though. You've gotten suggestions to Pappy's and Crown Candy. If you want some great Italian, head to the Hill. Yogi Berra and Joe Garagiola grew up there and they have a ton of great restaurants. Most of them aren't fancy and prices are pretty good. Try Cuneto's. Excellent food and portions with decent pricing. Guido Pizzaria and Tapas is good too.

Stay away from St. Louis style pizza. IMO, it sucks and is covered with an imaginary cheese called provel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad