GDT: SCF G1: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Colorado Avalanche (8pm ET)

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
LeBrun and Rishaug discussing Kadri and Cogliano. It includes some video of their skating session, presumably from this morning. Cogliano is skating with a stick, Kadri is not, which LeBrun states may not be a good sign. They both indicated that they have the impression that Kadri will try to play at some point in the series, although likely later. His effectiveness remains to be seen.

Reactions: Snow Arc

Snow Arc

Have a soykaf, chummer
Aug 14, 2020
Avalanche! Transform and kick ass!
optimus.gif

Shut down their offense!
deadheads.jpg

A classic heavyweight matchup!
classic matchup.jpg

Play your best! Rush the enemy!
charge.gif

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
LeBrun and Rishaug discussing Kadri and Cogliano. It includes some video of their skating session, presumably from this morning. Cogliano is skating with a stick, Kadri is not, which LeBrun states may not be a good sign. They both indicated that they have the impression that Kadri will try to play at some point in the series, although likely later. His effectiveness remains to be seen.

I think it’s wise to let Kadri heal as much as he can, see what happens, and bring him in when it really matters. Bringing him too soon and risk to lose him is not a good idea.

Edit : anyway JTC is there to take care of the business, have faith 🙏

Reactions: Snow Arc

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It especially helps when you dont hate the other team at all.

If the Avs cant get it done, a few days later I'll be pretty happy to see Tampa solidify the Dynasty

I don't love them but I suppose I don't hate them either. Except for Maroon...f*** that guy.

That said, I used to have nothing whatsoever against the Red Sox until 2007. Now I don't like them. Didn't have a whole lot against the Sharks or Golden Fleeces either...playoffs change everything.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
5-1 Tampa. Point with 3 points, Vasi gets to our guys heads early and really makes this series a quick one.
I don't think it will be that bad, but I do think the goaltending will be the difference in this series. I'll say 4-2 Tampa, with an ENG. Vasi gives up 1 early, then stones the Avs till mid-way through the 3rd on a PPG. 2 goals on +/-45 shots. Tampa gets 1 late in the 1st to tie it at 1 (they'll only have like 5-6 SOG in the 1st), then adds 2 in the 2nd to be up 3-1 going into the 3rd. DK gives up 3 on +/-27 shots, then Tampa adds the ENG with just over a minute left to seal it.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but this is how I envision every game going. Avs will break through in 1 or 2 games and score 4+, but mostly Vasi stones them and DK can't hold Tampa under 3.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I don't think it will be that bad, but I do think the goaltending will be the difference in this series. I'll say 4-2 Tampa, with an ENG. Vasi gives up 1 early, then stones the Avs till mid-way through the 3rd on a PPG. 2 goals on +/-45 shots. Tampa gets 1 late in the 1st to tie it at 1 (they'll only have like 5-6 SOG in the 1st), then adds 2 in the 2nd to be up 3-1 going into the 3rd. DK gives up 3 on +/-27 shots, then Tampa adds the ENG with just over a minute left to seal it.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but this is how I envision every game going. Avs will break through in 1 or 2 games and score 4+, but mostly Vasi stones them and DK can't hold Tampa under 3.
Well since it seems you have pretty much predicted the Avs lose every game this year, why tell us now you hope you are wrong?

Elbombatzo

Oct 5, 2019
Erfurt
Oh man am I excited about this series. Sitting at home and I'm broken because Corona finally caught me. But this series is a "must watch" for every Avs fan. I have to be honest I'm a little apprehensive about the playstyle of Tampa. But we will see. On the other hand, the predictions you hear seem to focus on Tampa solely because of Vasy (or rather, they like to see that as the only advantage with Tampa). We haven't looked bad against really strong goalies this year, and have tended to struggle against backups. I hope that's a good sign for this series. What a good time to be an Avs fan. #goavsgo

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Ok I'm not gonna nap pre-game.

4 beers down. 4 hours to go.
Gonna drink em 'till we sink em!!

Thank GOD I'm on vacation. :laugh:

Edit to add: 11pm already in Finland.

Reactions: Murzu

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland