GDT: Scary Perry's Red Dawn (@WPG, 4pm Pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
You lost me when you expressed sympathy for Carlyle
And based on how many first year players have had to play this year....

This was the first veterans lineup we’ve put out there.....how’d that go haha

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Was at the game tonight. That was the worst effort level I've ever seen in any pro hockey game ever in my lifetime. The players will say all the cliche things in the interviews. Everyone will scream for the coach to be fired. But I feel sorry for Gibson and Carlyle. Pathetic leadership all around. Getzlaf trying to setup a faceoff play with his D in an 8-2 game. Are u kidding me? He's just trying to appear like a leader. Your guys don't care. Bottom line. They know they're not that good, they hate the coach, and they've made their fortunes. Where's the motivation? If your GM doesn't realize this after tonights performance, he should be fired on the spot. It's mind blowing how u can let this culture persist for this long. Roslovic, Copp, Lemieux, Appleton were dominant tonight. Guess why...young guys trying to impress! Where is that on the Ducks squad? Keep playing korbinian Holzer see what u get.
Guy on rant about effort level can't be arsed to spell out "you."

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Eaves should not play there are seriously 10 player on the gulls that would be more effective... Including some defensemen playing forward.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
I don't believe in tanking in a sense that players are told to lose on purpose. They're going to want to win hockey games. But GMs WILL set up their rosters in a way that gives the team the best chance of finishing at the bottom of the standings. And there's the decision that Murray needs to make. Keep things as they are and let the team finish the collapse this season (tank) or make some changes and try to make the team competitive.

If no major changes are made, then Murray's decision is to tank. The coach has clearly lost the team, Gibson is burned out, and player morale is at an all time low. No, the players aren't being told to lose on purpose. But they are being kept in a low-morale situation by the powers that be, so if BM doesn't fire Carlyle or make some significant roster moves, then he's chosen to give up the season. Despite a horrid stretch the playoffs are well within reach, and making no major moves in spite of recent results says a lot about how our GM feels about the team.

Keep Carlyle after tonight, and he's chosen to tank. I'm fine with that personally. Bring in a new coach next year and hopefully a different looking roster along with a high draft pick and see where things go. Trying to make the playoffs at this point is just asking for a first round exit and a mid-draft pick. I wanted Carlyle gone before all this, but now it's at the point where you almost have to keep him in order to ensure a good pick.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I was told Carlyle lost the locker room before the first losing streak. You can clearly see it.

Keep the kids in SD away from this toxis mess.

Said it before, I'll say it again: I do not believe for one second that the veterans who were around for the end of Randy's first term wanted him back and that Murray framed it that way to save goodwill.

Last edited:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Ducks obviously have waived the white flag since Murray won’t fire Carlyle. We definitely need to trade Silver and any high cost veterans if possible.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
RC needs to go tonight. It's no use riding him out this season, it's far too damaging leaving him in the rest of the season. But that would require BM to actually have some balls when it comes to RC which we all know he doesn't have. Just waiting for BM to give a disaster long term extension to Silf

Also why is Holzer with the big club? That was one of the most pathetic efforts I've seen. How many times can one defenceman fail to cover his man ffs

Oct 18, 2011
I was told Carlyle lost the locker room before the first losing streak. You can clearly see it.

Keep the kids in SD away from this toxis mess.
Yeah it's lame they couldvco saved this season and instead are content to be a joke to save a few bucks

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
incredulous_doc-DMID1-5dgcjb5zc-600x311.gif

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
They've given up. The front office, the players, etc. Murray wants the highest draft pick possible, it's obvious. I think he realizes that we need a chance to draft the next elite forward and that it likely isn't going to happen picking 13th or whatever. That comment he made at the draft last year about Florida having a higher pick than us stands out to me. Whether the benefit of that is worth the risk of alienating/slowing the development of players is up for debate. But they've already made their decision, so don't expect a firing. BM will do another call out of the players through the media without naming specific names as a saving face move.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
It appears clear that the kids are down to get quality minutes in the A and make a push for the Calder cup while subsequently making a push for that #1 spot!

Reactions: HunterDuck

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Went to the movies instead of watching the game, which was clearly the right decision. BTW, bring tissues to How To Train Your Dragon 3, it is awesome and bittersweet.

Not sure I will devote time to watch this team again until management acts like they care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad