GDT: Scary Perry's Red Dawn (@WPG, 4pm Pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gibson is going to ask to be traded if this **** carries on and I wouldn't blame him for it.
I'd be really bummed. I've been rooting for Gibby since before he even stepped foot on WJC u20 ice. To see him become as good as he is was a really special thing to watch.

But, the Samuelis will reap what they sow with the refusal to take action against their fossil and his pride monster buddy.

Reactions: Exit Dose

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Are the Samuelis really going to sit back while their GM burns down their investment because he doesn't want to fire his friend?
BM got rewarded with a brand new contract which about sums up where the organisation is at this point in time. It's the most laughable contract extension I can remember in Anaheim for quite some time, no chance someone should be getting rewarded for this mess.

Zero faith in BM that he'll turn around this shitshow in the future, I'd rather Anaheim take a risk with a fresh mind then continue with BM because I see this team going only in one direction as long as BM stays in charge.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I’m usually pro-stay out of the way, for owners.

But this is one of those times when I’d support it.
I'm also of that mindset, but I also have no idea what's left at this point. Carlyle should have been fired when he set the franchise record for losses, good argument for the end of last season, but going beyond last night is a f***ing farce.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
BM got rewarded with a brand new contract which about sums up where the organisation is at this point in time. It's the most laughable contract extension I can remember in Anaheim for quite some time, no chance someone should be getting rewarded for this mess.

Zero faith in BM that he'll turn around this ****show in the future, I'd rather Anaheim take a risk with a fresh mind then continue with BM because I see this team going only in one direction as long as BM stays in charge.
Surely there is a beloved player that the team could trade to send a message to the locker room, before it comes to that.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I'm also of that mindset, but I also have no idea what's left at this point. Carlyle should have been fired when he set the franchise record for losses, good argument for the end of last season, but going beyond last night is a ****ing farce.

He definitely should have been fired during the break after last Wednesday's performance. Going to that game against St. Louis, I have never seen a worse effort in 20 years of watching hockey.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm also of that mindset, but I also have no idea what's left at this point. Carlyle should have been fired when he set the franchise record for losses, good argument for the end of last season, but going beyond last night is a ****ing farce.

100% agree.

I think you can, within reason, dismiss some fan dissatisfaction.

It hits a different level when you see the players themselves (reportedly) questioning what the f*** the coach is doing putting his franchise goaltender through that. That isn't just a passionate fan thinking he knows more than he does. It's a player wanting to protect another player, and a goaltender no less, from a situation he shouldn't be in.

Not just any goaltender either, but the one who has carried the team all season when they had no business winning games. What possible reason was there to keep Gibson in the net at that point?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
People always play up the "friend" angle and completely ignore Murray did the same thing 3 years ago with a coach he didn't even like.
Winning 4 straight division titles and losing game 7’s is about 20 orders of magnitude less embarrassing than setting franchise records for winless streaks, goals against in a period, and goals against in a game (again) This is franchise destroying behavior, not just underachieving.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Murray's refusal to fire RC, and RC's refusal to pull Gibson from the game have the same core belief-stubborn pride. We are right and are not going to adapt, change, evolve, or knuckle under. We are old school hockey guys who are willing to row again the tide. And since the owner just extended the GM, the GM doesn't have to listen to anyone.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I wonder if Gibson isn’t injured but is instead finally onboard with the tank and isn’t really trying. His body language has been absolutely terrible for weeks. It’s possibke he’s throwing and RC knuwsvit snd that’s why he won’t pull him?

I’ve made a large pile of tinfoil hats if anyone else wants one.

Reactions: Getz2perry
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Winning 4 straight division titles and losing game 7’s is about 20 orders of magnitude less embarrassing than setting franchise records for winless streaks, goals against in a period, and goals against in a game (again) This is franchise destroying behavior, not just underachieving.

Lol how easily people forget. It wasn't just the game 7s, that 2016 team had a historically bad start(set a record for most times shutout I believe), were at least up there in terms of how inept the offense was(I don't know if it was historically bad, but was easily the worst in the entire league), and were dead last in the conference at Christmas. This is all, of course, coming off of a berth in the conference finals, not a year where the team was in an admitted transition.

It was actually much worse, just no one wants to admit that because of who the coach is. But either way, if Murray didn't flinch then it's pretty easy to see why he wouldn't now.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Boy do I wish the local media would have a lot more teeth. All I hear is crickets. Hopefully the Toronto media will give us something later.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I highly doubt Gibson is going to give up on this team after 1 awful season. Considering how carlyle is clearly on the way out (with regards to coaching), how gibson just resigned for 8 years this season, and the loyalty that Im sure he has to his teammates and organization. I don't see him requesting a trade at this point in his career. There are other players that have it way worse than him who haven't requested a trade. Plus Bob would never trade him even if he did.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I highly doubt Gibson is going to give up on this team after 1 awful season. Considering how carlyle is clearly on the way out (with regards to coaching), how gibson just resigned for 8 years this season, and the loyalty that Im sure he has to his teammates and organization. I don't see him requesting a trade at this point in his career. There are other players that have it way worse than him who haven't requested a trade. Plus Bob would never trade him even if he did.

The Patrick Roy comp only makes sense if you have no idea who either goaltender is.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
aside from the on-ice effects of keeping RC and his outdated system around, its been pretty sad to see the massive decline in enthusiasm and interest for the ducks the last few seasons

i rarely even bother watching them play anymore and my interest in the NHL overall has waned quite a bit. of course that's to be expected when your favorite team is having a down year but believe it or not they're still somehow only 3 pts out of a WC spot. i should be more interested but that's just not possible with how dull and boring this team has become since RC came back

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I wonder if Gibson isn’t injured but is instead finally onboard with the tank and isn’t really trying. His body language has been absolutely terrible for weeks. It’s possibke he’s throwing and RC knuwsvit snd that’s why he won’t pull him?

I’ve made a large pile of tinfoil hats if anyone else wants one.
He's been giving up some lousy goals for sure. He really hasn't been having a Vezina-like season for a while now.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Lol how easily people forget. It wasn't just the game 7s, that 2016 team had a historically bad start(set a record for most times shutout I believe), were at least up there in terms of how inept the offense was(I don't know if it was historically bad, but was easily the worst in the entire league), and were dead last in the conference at Christmas. This is all, of course, coming off of a berth in the conference finals, not a year where the team was in an admitted transition.

It was actually much worse, just no one wants to admit that because of who the coach is. But either way, if Murray didn't flinch then it's pretty easy to see why he wouldn't now.
You need to check your own memory. ‘15-16 vs ‘18-19
October - 1-7-2 vs 5-6-2
November - 8-4-3 vs 8-4-3
December - 6-4-1 vs 6-5-2
January - 8-3-1 vs 2-6-2
February - 12-1-1 vs 0-1

That team improved after a historicallyrough start. This team has gotten significantly worse. There’s also no comparing the on-ice effort. The players hadn’t quit on the coach in ‘16-17. You should also check the goaltending numbers for those months. The record this year is smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
October - 1-7-2 vs 5-6-2
January - 8-3-1 vs 2-6-2
February - 12-1-1 vs 0-1

That team improved after a historicallyrough start. This team has gotten significantly worse. There’s also no comparing the on-ice effort. The players hadn’t quit on the coach in ‘16-17. You should also check the goaltending numbers for those months. The record this year is smoke and mirrors.

Sure they obviously improved and won a division title but the point remains. People were calling for Boudreau's head at the time, there was plenty of justification for a firing as the calendar year ended and Murray didn't flinch. And like I said, that was a team coming off of an impressive season, not a team whose window has closed.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
October - 1-7-2 vs 5-6-2
January - 8-3-1 vs 2-6-2
February - 12-1-1 vs 0-1

Just watching the games made that obvious.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Sure they obviously improved and won a division title but the point remains. People were calling for Boudreau's head at the time, there was plenty of justification for a firing as the calendar year ended and Murray didn't flinch. And like I said, that was a team coming off of an impressive season, not a team whose window has closed.
Mainly the same people who wanted him gone after the Blackhawks series. And those people still wanted him gone after the 12-1-1 February because they didn’t like him as a coach, not because of the play on the ice. It takes an astounding degree of mental gymnastics to say that team was worse than this one. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone who would say that the only reason they weren’t in last place this year isn’t Gibson.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Mainly the same people who wanted him gone after the Blackhawks series. And those people still wanted him gone after the 12-1-1 February because they didn’t like him as a coach, not because of the play on the ice. It takes an astounding degree of mental gymnastics to say that team was worse than this one. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone who would say that the only reason they weren’t in last place this year isn’t Gibson.

While that's not really true, it also doesn't change that it was a worse start, certainly a more disappointing start and featured an actual salvageable season. And this was for a coach Murray didn't even personally like.

My entire point has been that it's just a typical Murray thing, right or wrong. He won't fire a coach mid-season unless he feels he has to and my guess is he isn't feeling that this year.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
While that's not really true, it also doesn't change that it was a worse start, certainly a more disappointing start and featured an actual salvageable season. And this was for a coach Murray didn't even personally like.

My entire point has been that it's just a typical Murray thing, right or wrong. He won't fire a coach mid-season unless he feels he has to and my guess is he isn't feeling that this year.
BB had a bad MONTH. The team had a positive points % every month after that, and more importantly looked much better on the ice. This team has matched and then greatly surpassed the failures of that team, and more importantly is looking worse and worse on the ice game by game.

BM canned RC after a 6-20-6 start to the ‘11-12 season. A few weeks earlier and they might have potentially made the playoffs, as that year’s team had quit on him too. They’re 2-11-5 since that win streak, and only 3 points out of a playoff position. Either can him and see what the players can do when they try, or admit to the public its a tank job.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
BB had a bad MONTH. The team had a positive points % every month after that, and more importantly looked much better on the ice. This team has matched and then greatly surpassed the failures of that team, and more importantly is looking worse and worse on the ice game by game.

BM canned RC after a 6-20-6 start to the ‘11-12 season. A few weeks earlier and they might have potentially made the playoffs, as that year’s team had quit on him too. They’re 2-11-5 since that win streak, and only 3 points out of a playoff position. Either can him and see what the players can do when they try, or admit to the public its a tank job.

It was more than a bad month. Again, through Christmas they were still by far the worst offensive team in the league. Goaltending saved that team too. And again, that was for a season with expectations. The same frustration existed at that point as did the unwillingness to fire the coach.

And you can't publicly admit you're tanking more than they have. The league would highly frown upon that, maybe worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad