GDT: Scary Perry's Red Dawn (@WPG, 4pm Pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Lol they didn't disprove or prove anything, and it definitely doesn't change you blatantly making **** up.

But all in all, it definitely doesn't challenge my original statement, which was essentially that Murray doesn't like to fire a coach midseason. Ooh what a controversial take that he's on record as saying. But hey, I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing, am I right?
Pretty much, yes. The numbers show that that team was underperforming and improving, whereas this year they’re over performing their numbers and the play has been getting worse. Considering he’s had 2 coaches prior to now, and fired one of the 2 during the season, I’d say a 50% hit rate fails to prove your point. And yeah, you made up the “goalies saved that season” line, as the stats say that’s not even remotely correct. They were pretty mediocre during the period in question.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Pretty much, yes. The numbers show that that team was under[reforming and improving, whereas this year they’re over performing their numbers and the play has been getting worse. Considering he’s had 2 coaches prior to now, and fired one of the 2 during the season, I’d say a 50% hit rate fails to prove your point. And yeah, you made up the “goalies saved that season” line, as the stats say that’s not even remotely correct. They were pretty mediocre during the period in question.

I never said that they didn't improve or anything like that. I mostly stated facts, that they were in the league basement at Christmas and easily the worst offensive team in the league. That many people were openly wondering not if but when Boudreau was gonna get fired. That the situations were very different and there was easily more pressure on that team to turn things around. You're right about the goalie thing, that was off base, I thought they were doing a bit better than that(which was still good and they had to be when the offense was that terrible).

He fired one coach midseason, mostly because of who was available, and he was PISSED about it. He would've been very, very justified firing another(that's unarguable) and refused to do so, even though he didn't even like the guy and fired him right after the season ended. Currently he's made it quite clear that he won't commit to the current coach but also won't fire him. Yeah, I think there's a pattern, and its certainly far from a controversial statement that apparently has you this mad lol.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
The sole he reason he is not firing this coach is simple, He brought him back and probably begged the owners to bring him back, If he fires him now, they still have to pay his salary. The owners wont be to happy about that.. Since they are paying a bunch old veterans who aren't producing. I still think the players wanting randy back is Complete BS.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Saw 3-0 on the board and didn't bother watching.

How did Perry look?
Looked like Perry from the last 2 years. Skills aren’t what they were but the guy is arguably the smartest hockey IQ on the team and he knows what needs to be done in terms of getting to the net

Reactions: Getzmonster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad