GDT: Scary Perry's Red Dawn (@WPG, 4pm Pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Can we like make our game day threads based on us cheering for the other teams to score 10?

is that in bad taste?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It was more than a bad month. Again, through Christmas they were still by far the worst offensive team in the league. Goaltending saved that team too. And again, that was for a season with expectations. The same frustration existed at that point as did the unwillingness to fire the coach.

And you can't publicly admit you're tanking more than they have. The league would highly frown upon that, maybe worse.
No, the team switched to a defensive system and a top team in shots against. Contrast to this year where the flirted with historic levels of shots against over that part of the season, and is currently 4th worst in that category Gibson was .923 in 11 games, Andersen was .911 in 19, Khudobin .908 in 8. This year it’s Gibson with .926 in 31, Miller with .924 in 10, Johnson with .913 in 1. 1352 shots against with lower save percentages through 12/25/15, 1859 with much higher savepercentages this year. Yes, the offense couldn’t score, but it was team defense carrying the team, and they were 7th in shot differential at that point. That team wasn’t executing, this team is bad.

“This will be a rebuilding year” Also, make a statement that acknowledges the coach has lost the room and move on to an interim coach.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
No, the team switched to a defensive system and a top team in shots against. Contrast to this year where the flirted with historic levels of shots against over that part of the season, and is currently 4th worst in that category Gibson was .923 in 11 games, Andersen was .911 in 19, Khudobin .908 in 8. This year it’s Gibson with .926 in 31, Miller with .924 in 10, Johnson with .913 in 1. 1352 shots against with lower save percentages through 12/25/15, 1859 with much higher savepercentages this year. Yes, the offense couldn’t score, but it was team defense carrying the team, and they were 7th in shot differential at that point. That team wasn’t executing, this team is bad.

“This will be a rebuilding year” Also, make a statement that acknowledges the coach has lost the room and move on to an interim coach.

With if they're not executing and playing that badly offensively that they needed to overhaul their entire system, that's a pretty desperate attempt. Again, there was plenty of people calling for his head and I'm sure Murray was tempted, but that's just his MO.

And they more or less did say that, they just kept the coach, which is fine. You can argue they'll do a better job of rebuilding this year with said coach instead of bringing in someone else.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

He’s just arguing to argue at this point. It isn’t even about being accurate. It’s about not admitting he was wrong.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
With if they're not executing and playing that badly offensively that they needed to overhaul their entire system, that's a pretty desperate attempt. Again, there was plenty of people calling for his head and I'm sure Murray was tempted, but that's just his MO.

And they more or less did say that, they just kept the coach, which is fine. You can argue they'll do a better job of rebuilding this year with said coach instead of bringing in someone else.
No, in both cases BM wanted the team to adapt to a new style because of a playoff loss. BB was able to do that, and get the team to figure it out. RC could not, and then cannot even get the team to succeed with the old system. The difference between the two seasons is a good coach and a bad coach.

I don’t want “more or less”. I want integrity. BM, to my face, said that the (in particular) coach as well as the players would be held accountable, and that the organization wasn't wasting our money. Let’s see it.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
No, in both cases BM wanted the team to adapt to a new style because of a playoff loss. BB was able to do that, and get the team to figure it out. RC could not, and then cannot even get the team to succeed with the old system. The difference between the two seasons is a good coach and a bad coach.

I don’t want “more or less”. I want integrity. BM, to my face, said that the (in particular) coach as well as the players would be held accountable, and that the organization wasn't wasting our money. Let’s see it.

I don't think that was at all true in 2016, they just needed to change things up because it was going that badly. First time I've ever seen that even suggested.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Murray, after every single playoff loss, says the league is changing and that the team needs to change its style. You’re kidding, right?

Murray says a lot of things, it's on you if you keep believing him every time lol. That team did pretty much nothing to change and absolutely didn't change their whole system before the season.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Correct you are.

Lol you're the one who completely made up something about the team changing the system before the 2016 season. And its objectively wrong to act like there wasn't tons of talk about firing Boudreau that year. When we're reaching the national media you know it's a very hot seat. I'd argue there was more talk then than now but that's probably more to do with the prominence of the team, being we were considered a cup contender at the time.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Murray says a lot of things, it's on you if you keep believing him every time lol. That team did pretty much nothing to change and absolutely didn't change their whole system before the season.
So it's OK to spout BS to your fanbase and they're just stupid if they believe their GM? I don't think it's unreasonable for season ticket holders and fans to be able to trust their team's management.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So it's OK to spout BS to your fanbase and they're just stupid if they believe their GM? I don't think it's unreasonable for season ticket holders and fans to be able to trust their team's management.

I'm not saying it's ok, I'm just saying its what he does. He says we have to be more like the current champs and then continues on doing whatever he was gonna do. This year was really the only deviation where he talked more about emulating San Jose and saying they'd implement that on the coaching side of things(which they kind of tried).

The only place he's actually been consistent is putting too much stock into how the team did in the playoffs. When it wasnt a good showing he'll try and change things up a bit but if it's a good showing he tries to keep things as similar as possible.

I can't blame anyone if the dishonesty and lack of transparency pisses guys off, that's very understandable, but you should expect it at this point.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I'm not saying it's ok, I'm just saying its what he does. He says we have to be more like the current champs and then continues on doing whatever he was gonna do. This year was really the only deviation where he talked more about emulating San Jose and saying they'd implement that on the coaching side of things(which they kind of tried).

The only place he's actually been consistent is putting too much stock into how the team did in the playoffs. When it wasnt a good showing he'll try and change things up a bit but if it's a good showing he tries to keep things as similar as possible.

I can't blame anyone if the dishonesty and lack of transparency pisses guys off, that's very understandable, but you should expect it at this point.
I think most of us are onto his shtick by now, but that doesn't make it right.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Lol you're the one who completely made up something about the team changing the system before the 2016 season. And its objectively wrong to act like there wasn't tons of talk about firing Boudreau that year. When we're reaching the national media you know it's a very hot seat. I'd argue there was more talk then than now but that's probably more to do with the prominence of the team, being we were considered a cup contender at the time.
You apparently are just going to pretend none of the stats I provided don’t completely disprove pretty much every assertion you made, so I’m not wasting any more time finding any more data for you. I’ve no more interest in visiting the island you’ve gone to.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
You apparently are just going to pretend none of the stats I provided don’t completely disprove pretty much every assertion you made, so I’m not wasting any more time finding any more data for you. I’ve no more interest in visiting the island you’ve gone to.

Lol they didn't disprove or prove anything, and it definitely doesn't change you blatantly making shit up.

But all in all, it definitely doesn't challenge my original statement, which was essentially that Murray doesn't like to fire a coach midseason. Ooh what a controversial take that he's on record as saying. But hey, I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing, am I right?

Edit-Actually might have lied about him saying that on the record, might have mixed that up with an insider saying that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad