OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No I would 100% buy that as the reason they were up in the first place. Aaliyah wasn't even supposed to be in the air after some video she shot, but because she wanted to be back at home in a smaller airplane with the same amount of people and equipment, her plane crashed because it was way over capacity. Most of these celebrity crash deaths end that way, someone pushed to get going when they shouldn't have and the end result is the same. Aaliyah would have been alive, same for all of the other people on her plane if they had stayed the night and flew on the scheduled day they were supposed to, because she wanted to get home sooner, they jammed a smaller plane full of their stuff and well, yeah.

It's sad to think about.
Oh yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they told them not to do it and they still went anyways figuring what is a little fog. I wonder how that conversation went with the pilot and atc and the pilot with kobe went.

Somebody alive spoke to that pilot and knows what was said. I wonder if the air traffic controller or whoever talked with them pre-flight will ever speak - or authorities investigating will ever release how they were allowed to get off the ground.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I loved Hateful Eight until the last chunk. The build up was great but the payoff wasn't there. Overall I still like the movie, but it could have been better.

Yeah I'm not saying GR's other movies were bad. Just that they aren't as great as Lock Stock and Snatch. I'd say Tarantino has more movies that I'd call great.

Yeah that payoff is what killed Hateful Eight for me, otherwise I still really enjoy it and amazing cast for that entire movie, but then the end happens you're like, well that was cheap.

I think one of GR's most underrated movies is RocknRolla, that one is probably one of my fav movies after Lock Stock. His next movie is with, surprise surprise, Jason Statham.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah that payoff is what killed Hateful Eight for me, otherwise I still really enjoy it and amazing cast for that entire movie, but then the end happens you're like, well that was cheap.

I think one of GR's most underrated movies is RocknRolla, that one is probably one of my fav movies after Lock Stock. His next movie is with, surprise surprise, Jason Statham.
I haven't actually seen that one. It's on the ever expanding list.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So apparently the Obi-Wan show was too similar to the Mandalorian show, how? Did the person making the other show just straight try to rip off the Mandalorian and think that was ok because the new trilogy tries to rip off the older ones? It's good it's being pushed to next year and they shortened the episodes.

Also, they're now calling the Marvel shows "mini-series" rather than an outright show. That Falcon and Winter Soldier one seemed interesting, but as a mini-series that could be good as a lead into a movie. I've been saying big studios should do that for years now, but mostly to launch something, but hey that can work too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My gf's haul from Vietnam for me is so random, like I got this drip coffee thing made out of tin for Vietnamese coffee, then mostly candy bars and stickers.

Also, a can of condensed milk (for the coffee) and a bag of their best coffee.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

You like that your favorite!? ME TOO!
Thats why I said earlier I hope he does the follow up to Rock N Rolla... I absolutely adore that freaking movie!
Now I gotta dl that and watch it.
I'm starting to fall behind on my weekly watches - I still didn't watch this weeks Vikings. Well, last weeks now.

I haven't actually seen that one. It's on the ever expanding list.

Doooood... if you like GR movies, that is a _must see_
The typical GR flick, intertwining and converging storylines and the normal quality banter.
Tom Hardy has such a tiny role in there and I remember watching that thinking to myself 'I'm surprised this guy isn't a main stream movie star' and what do ya know, in the years to come he turned into a big star. You could just tell he had 'it' to make it in bigger roles.
I won't forget his role cause he's this muscular tough dood whos a closet puff.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My gf's haul from Vietnam for me is so random, like I got this drip coffee thing made out of tin for Vietnamese coffee, then mostly candy bars and stickers.

Also, a can of condensed milk (for the coffee) and a bag of their best coffee.

Ooooh foreign coffee! When I was in honduras we drove by a coffee factory and it looked like a nuclear power plant but the cloud wasn't steam - it was coffee smoke!

I got a big bag of local grown fresh coffee beans and it tasted so different compared to that shit you buy in grocer markets in the states. That shit is old and stale... the coffee beans I got from hondo were like day old freshies. Totally different.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Honour Over Glory

yooooo i almost have this problem solved entirely. I been working on it all day!
Web Sudoku - Billions of Free Sudoku Puzzles to Play Online

I don't do it on the computer though, i have my green book i rule out the columns on paper in pen and then do my additions and the work to solve them in pencil.

Then this website lets you save the url's so you can fill in the answers and check them when you finish to verify the work.

-----

Hey, how long does it take you roughly on average to finish a single 9x9 problem? I'm kinda new so it takes me a few hours.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory

yooooo i almost have this problem solved entirely. I been working on it all day!
Web Sudoku - Billions of Free Sudoku Puzzles to Play Online

I don't do it on the computer though, i have my green book i rule out the columns on paper in pen and then do my additions and the work to solve them in pencil.

Then this website lets you save the url's so you can fill in the answers and check them when you finish to verify the work.

Definitely not an indicator of any sort of intellect besides understanding patterns and being able to problem solve. So don't think me taking a certain amount of time means anything besides the fact that I like maths and I do these a lot.

-----

Hey, how long does it take you roughly on average to finish a single 9x9 problem? I'm kinda new so it takes me a few hours.
I would say roughly 30-45mins? Sometimes an hour. Mind you, I do like maths.

Reactions: LOGiK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not I =P
You should see my sudoku scratch pad hahah...
Looks like I'm trying to solve a missile trajectory.
Haha, that was like me and chess, I used to play a ton and then didn't for about 20yrs, this kid at work challenges me and I am like listen I am probably going to get owned here. It made me so mad, I lost 4 matches in a row and was like f*** this.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Haha, that was like me and chess, I used to play a ton and then didn't for about 20yrs, this kid at work challenges me and I am like listen I am probably going to get owned here. It made me so mad, I lost 4 matches in a row and was like **** this.

Love chess. Always have. Chess is such a good game to challenge someone to a battle of the mind. I was in chess club at high school. Never looked back =P
Could be extremely frustrating losing to someone i know the feeling. Some people are just good at it... you have to be good at seeing into the future. :ha:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Love chess. Always have. Chess is such a good game to challenge someone to a battle of the mind. I was in chess club at high school. Never looked back =P
Could be extremely frustrating losing to someone i know the feeling. Some people are just good at it... you have to be good at seeing into the future. :ha:
Anticipation and seeing 3-4 moves ahead seemed easier when you played the game, but 2 decades of not playing has me rusty as hell. I am basically playing beginners now to build my confidence back up, lol.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anticipation and seeing 3-4 moves ahead seemed easier when you played the game, but 2 decades of not playing has me rusty as hell. I am basically playing beginners now to build my confidence back up, lol.
I don't know how many years ago, but Ubisoft made a chess game for pc and it was insane. good graphics, scenarios, tutorials, incredible games in history logged you could watch happen, lists of opening moves you could learn to master.
I can't believe a AAA game developer / publisher took the time to make this game. I snagged it so many years ago and I learned so much from it. Only problem was I stopped playing - as I've run out of people to play with.
I don't like playing the ai /computer much because games with real humans are never like that. People make mistakes and it's fun to play in that situation rather than unstoppable ai that never makes a mistake except in the scenario of it doing a stupid move on purpose for you to win.
Wifey can't play - she don't have the brain capacity for it or for learning it and I always tell her to stop putting herself down, but it never changed her mind.
I used to play my father once a week, every weekend we would set aside time for a game. Then it went to monthly, then bi monthly, then never.
Same with my hockey pickup games, and everything else when you get older --- everything slowly disappears.
IT SUCKS.

---
I'm still doing this sudoku, but I gotta give it up for the night. Gotta watch a movie or show and chill before bed. I can't go to bed like this... it's like blue balls of the brain.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

Dad brag, I'm a big fan of chess so I would play with my son and lay back a bit to help him build confidence and learn the game. He came to love it as well, joined the chess club at school, and let's just say I don't lay back anymore. If I win a single game out of 5, I consider myself lucky.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I used to do a ton of Sudoku. Did the linked puzzle in 9:32.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Do you recommend (when I am a beginner mind you) starting and stopping one in mid-solve and starting it up again the next day?
Or do you recommend to a beginner to start a new puzzle in between days? start a new puzzle or chug a lug through one until it's finished?

I ask cuz i started this one two nights ago and I was rolling, but after 24 or so hours I picked the same puzzle up again last night, and was struggling to get back to my form and momentum I had the prior night.

So just for learning sakes, is that just the difficulty of progression on the problem -- BUT I thought it got easier the more you filled in the columns / rows.

I was going good and correct on the problem until I hit an computational error. (on the puzzle linked) I got... let me check it, I have a -4- that _has_ to go into the 7th 8th or 9th column, 2nd row (2nd line from the top (top right corner box of 9) and 9th column 3rd row.

I SCREWED UP SOMEWHERE!!! Now i'm frustrated, but i'm going to work through it and see if I can solve this problem even with the error.

Riddle me this fat man, does the bottom row of the problem (I linked - you solved) go in this sequence?

732618954 ????????

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Dad brag, I'm a big fan of chess so I would play with my son and lay back a bit to help him build confidence and learn the game. He came to love it as well, joined the chess club at school, and let's just say I don't lay back anymore. If I win a single game out of 5, I consider myself lucky.

That is the best part of chess (to me at least) is that any level person no matter how smart or stupid they are. Chess is a different beast to street smarts or book smarts. It's on it's own page there. The rules are very simple to understand (like pawn promotion or castling). The moves the pieces can make are easy to memorize. From there, that is where the easy ends and room for progression is sky-high.
If you want to challenge someone to an intellectual battle, you don't play Jeopardy... you play chess. Good clean healthy fun.

Reactions: MummRa

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Anybody here have tattoos? I'm thinking of finally getting one on my forearm. My wife has several tattoos that are well done and have a lot of meaning for her. I've always liked the look of (well done/placed) tattoos but could never really settle on something for myself. I finally thought of a design that I think would look great and have a lot of meaning for myself and what I'm into....and I pretty much get shit on by older family members who think all tattoos are ugly and have a "why would you do that to your body" mentality. What really ****es me off is they then basically trash the fact that my wife has tattoos.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anybody here have tattoos? I'm thinking of finally getting one on my forearm. My wife has several tattoos that are well done and have a lot of meaning for her. I've always liked the look of (well done/placed) tattoos but could never really settle on something for myself. I finally thought of a design that I think would look great and have a lot of meaning for myself and what I'm into....and I pretty much get **** on by older family members who think all tattoos are ugly and have a "why would you do that to your body" mentality. What really ****es me off is they then basically trash the fact that my wife has tattoos.

Eh. Who cares about tattoo's. Your family or anyone shouldn't be concerned about anything other than your health (you don't go to a dive that reuses needles or unsterile equipment / ink so you don't get hepatitis or something worse.... or that you don't get one on your face or somewhere visible that employers can see.
Outside of that, who cares what you choose to do with your body.

Don't get curse words / extreme violence / gang affiliation ink done either, that is counter productive =P

I got one when I was 18 with my then lady friend. I got my ink on my right arm, on the tricep, just below my shoulder. Can't see it if I wear a t-shirt, only with my shirt off or a tank-top. No problem at all.

My brother has two on his left arm, same thing, around his bicep and tricep just below shoulder.

Our parents were the same way, 'we don't like tattoo's and they make you look trashy, but we can't stop you, but if you must get one - don't get anything you will regret and don't get it on your face or where employers can see.'

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory

damn. So far the reasoning behind how the kobe crash occured was not helicopter / engine malfunction issues... it was a straight visibility issue. The pilot supposedly did not see the mountain through the fog and flew directly into the mountain at 185 MPH nose first.
DAMN.
Kobe Bryant pilot was warned helicopter flying 'too low' before deadly crash
Yeah, basically the same issue as the Aaliyah thing, shouldn't have been out there at all which makes it even more tragic for all the lives lost.

There's no way an experienced pilot goes out there without being told he has to based on the clientele wanting to be out there. I wouldn't be shocked if that company that does those flights, will be investigated (if they aren't already).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad