Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Last few posts

Being of Ashkenazi Jewish blood myself (only by blood though), I like to think a Russian Jewish soldier was handling my rifle and pumpin Nazi's.

That's awesome that you were able to narrow down where it was produced, do you know the manufacturer? mine was/is Tula, like the ammo brand I bought for it. Russian made.

I haven't named any of my tools, bongs, cars/motorcycles, or guitars, but this one felt right.

Also right on to talk to another Mosin owner, I do love that it its cartridge is so powerful at 7.62x54mm

Hmmmm. What do you mean manufacturer?

Was there anything other than the state run Izhevsk Mechanical Plant in Izhevsk? Or anyone other Tula Arms Plant in Tula?

I thought there was just the big city factory as noted by the stamping on the receiver.

It is a book geared to YA's but if it's done well there's nothing that says it's just for young female adults. I liked it and my gf isn't that into the story but she'll read anything with magic and witches for whatever reason.

I mean I also really liked The Maze Runner.

Oh I know I was more or less just saying it's enjoyable so it's all good. That Riverdale show sucks and I don't get the popularity or even that 13 reasons but that Sabrina show wasn't half bad.

I enjoyed the first season of 13 reasons. I mean it was super melodramatic and pretty dumb but it was solid enough. It probably gets a boost in my mind because work people watched it too so we would talk about it. That always helps me enjoy a show. I have no intention of ever watching season 2 though.

Just finished Scrubs again (season 8, not the med school season 9 thing). What a great show.

My mistake I mixed up the Izhevsk plant with what I thought was an actual geographical location in Russia and not referencing the plant where it was made. There are though in existence, Finnish, Yugo, Chinese, and Polish and other remakes or clones of the Russian Mosin

Episode 8 pissed me off. It was such a bull**** impossible scenario that happened it ripped me out of the immersion and plummeted me into the inevitable, which is the blatant reminder that it's just a fake world built for television and the odds are very low for a hyper-realistic plot line.
Instead of real world scenario type conflicts there is the possibility of fantastical bull**** being inserted just for suspense.

It's cheap and it ruins shows that -sort of- follow a realistic tone.

When episode 6 ended I wondered how they would extend the show for the remaining four episodes. Well now I know how and I think it's stupid. Not show ruining - just a cheap filler extension.

Anyone see, 'Jo Jo Rabbit', 'Zombieland: Double Tap', 'A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood', 'The Informer' or 'Ford v Ferrari'???

Gonna watch one or two of those on this ****ty cold windy rainy day and not sure which one to go with first...

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Despite the chaos (bad equipment causing me to spill a bunch of beer), I've finally managed to bottle my first homebrew beer. Ended up with 44 bottles of roughly 5.7% ABV citrusy wheat beer, it smells really good so hopefully it will taste good :laugh:

Bonus cat picture of my cat begging for her dinner right next to my beers:

VG7iflW.jpg

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just had to witness my girlfriend's family cat be put down. She loved him so much and I grew to love him too over the past 4 years. She's so distraught. She's gone through this years ago with another cat but man this shit sucks.

Not even looking for sympathy or anything but I guess it just feels good to voice feelings over the abyss of the internet

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Just had to witness my girlfriend's family cat be put down. She loved him so much and I grew to love him too over the past 4 years. She's so distraught. She's gone through this years ago with another cat but man this **** sucks.

Not even looking for sympathy or anything but I guess it just feels good to voice feelings over the abyss of the internet

I'm sorry, man.

My cat is 17 and very healthy, especially for his age. But obviously the end is an inevitability for us all. Even thinking about it gets me pretty sad. I'll be a total trainwreck for a while whenever that hopefully still-far-off day actually comes.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm sorry, man.

My cat is 17 and very healthy, especially for his age. But obviously the end is an inevitability for us all. Even thinking about it gets me pretty sad. I'll be a total trainwreck for a while whenever that hopefully still-far-off day actually comes.
17 is awesome. Her's was only 15 and was diagnosed with kidney issues 2 years ago. On top of the general sadness it sucks seeing her like this and just knowing I cant do anything except be here.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
17 is awesome. Her's was only 15 and was diagnosed with kidney issues 2 years ago. On top of the general sadness it sucks seeing her like this and just knowing I cant do anything except be here.

Kidneys get every cat and dog in the end if otherwise they are healthy.

My dog has kidney issues from a disease he caught when he was 5 (in 2015). He’s still going strong but the tests are showing a slow decline now. I have a pug account that I put money into each month so that I won’t have to worry about $$$ when he needs bigger treatments. Although there isn’t much they can do besides going on IV (besides meds he’s already on) and when/if he needs that full time then quality of life becomes the issue.

If I could learn how to do it I’d take him to work everyday and hook him up if that made him happy lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm hoping I still have a lot of years before I have to worry about my cats passing away. My oldest cat (the one in the photo above) is about 10-11 now and my youngest is only a little over a year, so I should have at least a good chunk of time before I have to worry about that. But it is something that sometimes creeps into my mind.

I actually took my youngest to the vet today for his annual shots, she was super well behaved at the vet. Both of my cats are extremely friendly and tend to do fine at the vet, but this was surprising even with that.

Edit: bonus pic of the young one:

4w3t1GU.jpg

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Damn that's a what did they do different from the first one? Seemed like a pretty simple formula to be honest.

Please do not make me relive the experience.

Ok. really quick.
Cheap. Boring. Nothing new at all. Rehashed garbage. Cheap. Wait, did I say that already? Oh yeah... really cheap. cheap jokes, cheap cgi, cheap script... or no script. lame action. super f***ing lame end battle. just sucked in every possible way. more eye rolling moments than you can count. avoid unless free ---- at all costs and even if its free... have a backup plan in case you want to turn it off.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD

Ok. really quick.
Cheap. Boring. Nothing new at all. Rehashed garbage. Cheap. Wait, did I say that already? Oh yeah... really cheap. cheap jokes, cheap cgi, cheap script... or no script. lame action. super ****ing lame end battle. just sucked in every possible way. more eye rolling moments than you can count. avoid unless free ---- at all costs and even if its free... have a backup plan in case you want to turn it off.

Damn what a drag. Sounds like it was just a poor attempt a cash grab

Reactions: shoplifter

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Ok. really quick.
Cheap. Boring. Nothing new at all. Rehashed garbage. Cheap. Wait, did I say that already? Oh yeah... really cheap. cheap jokes, cheap cgi, cheap script... or no script. lame action. super ****ing lame end battle. just sucked in every possible way. more eye rolling moments than you can count. avoid unless free ---- at all costs and even if its free... have a backup plan in case you want to turn it off.

Cheap jokes!

giphy.gif

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Nice to see the rest of the world finally agreeing with me that cats are infinitely better than Star Wars.

It takes a special kinda special to enjoy watching teddy bears fight robot camels (or a special kinda substance)....... Or Disney's adaptation of oppressed minority who outduels a trained evil-doer simply because his friend was disrespected. Be like a scenario of McGregor slapping my mother and because Disney, I stand up and defeat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->