OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Fun Never Stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I recently did see 30 Rock again and Parks and Rec just to binge something I used to watch. But outside that and some of the other shows they've made (Carnival Row was fantastic) I might pick it back up when LOTR show comes out.
I thought you said 3rd rock from the sun at first.
I miss that show. It was hilarious..... I'm gonna snag a few episodes now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Isn't that whole gluten-free thing just an expensive gimmick. I read somewhere that there is around 5-10% of people who actually need the gluten free and mostly everyone gets no benefits from it except paying more money for nothing.

Also, can't the human body only handle a certain amount of protein before any excess is just wasted and poop'd out? I remember something along those lines that when I used to work out, have a shake before and after working out (shakes for lifting especially) if I was running I would only have a shake after on run days. On top of the two shakes a high protein meal was important to rebuild what you tore apart lifting, say, a chicken breast or a good cut steak. Some green veggies and that was it mostly.

I did notice on days I had big runs or tough lifting plans that if I ate poorly (fast food) the night before or something that is generally throw away (simple) carbs my body would not perform well at all. If I carb loaded on say, pizza (bad yes, but still) or noodles my body was ready to goooo!

Crazy when you actually pay attention how you can literally see and experience the change in your body.
Yeah you are right though. Diet IS the most important part of working out. That along with motivation / dedication. Time... there is always enough time to work out. ---- It literally takes 10 minutes to go out and get a good run in if you are that busy otherwise.
Not if you’re celiac. It really affects your lower intestine and just general body issues like hormones being out of whack, my energy gets zapped. There are idiots that think it's some fad diet to do but those of us that suffer from celiac would love to eat pizza and normal bread again. Trust me.

No I am not saying you're an idiot lol.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It was great at first being able to buy stuff and getting it quicker, at least for the garbage my gf seems to love buying off of it (external batteries, life straws, make-up, eye lashes)...but I honestly haven't used their Prime tv side as much as one should/would while getting it as a free thing. For one, I am not a fan of paying for more channels on a streaming service, we had that Crave thing and they started to add HBO but limited what you saw so I was like whats the point? At that point you've literally made it like cable and I need a package to see the rest of this?

They recently added a bunch of movies, but you get like a part 1 or 2 and that's it when there's like a 3rd one that was out a while back etc. The Tv shows, I am still pissed SG Atlantis stopped at Season 4 and I wasn't able to watch it past that for some reason and now it's gone?

I recently did see 30 Rock again and Parks and Rec just to binge something I used to watch. But outside that and some of the other shows they've made (Carnival Row was fantastic) I might pick it back up when LOTR show comes out.
we get so much on it. I absolutely hate going to the store.

But I have watched some stuff too. The Americans is on Prime. The Boys was good. I want to watch Marvelous Mrs Maisel. Fleabag was really good. Three seasons of Mr Robot are on there, so hopefully they add the 4th too. The Expanse is one I want to watch too. I keep hearing good stuff about Vikings.

They all have stuff I want to watch, but I can't watch it all at once. We just need to pick one or two at a time, then rotate them on occasion.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not if you’re celiac. It really affects your lower intestine and just general body issues like hormones being out of whack, my energy gets zapped. There are idiots that think it's some fad diet to do but those of us that suffer from celiac would love to eat pizza and normal bread again. Trust me.

I can be at times =P

Yeah! I think that is what it was called... about the certain % of people with something... that does benefit from gluten-free food stuffs.
I know what you mean about the fashionable food trends, yep. Spend crazy money to eat basically the same food as everyone else, but it just has a fancy label... hah... lots of dummies out there get tricked oh so very easily into spending more for the same product.

Celiac... gotta look that up.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

To be fair, it is a fad diet for a lot of people. But it's also a very real thing for a lot of people. My wife's uncle has celiac.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

LOL
Watching that clip you posted mac STILL refers to his Mac n Cheese, HIS famous Mac n Cheese. Hahahaha...
That's funny because all those years ago he got busted about his secret and he still refers to it as his! Show makes me belly laugh more than any other show out there.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh yeah,

'You' season 2 on netflix is f***ing amazing. I didn't think they would have as good a season as the first one, but I think season 2 is actually better.
Great show. Highly recommend it.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I liked You season 1.
I stayed up an extra hour to watch 2 episodes even though i was wiped out tired. Season 2 is that good.
So far Id say better than the first.

*SEMI SPOILER- but not really, I'm just giving the girls name he's after and my opinion:

I think Love is stalking HIM. My take after 3 episodes

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I just downloaded 3rd rock from the sun after last nights talk hog...

Holy shit it is even funnier than I remember!
First few episodes of season 1 have my belly laughing... Man it's been years since I even seen an episode. What a very underrated show!

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad