Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Also, yeah look at this dude.
kumal-nanjiana-buff.jpg

I remember his pudgy dad bod in Silicon Valley.

Super hero movies have helped a ton get jacked and noticed. Hemsworth was a skinny wanker like Cavill.
Meh, that does nothing for me, too much. A nicely toned bod is best.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My gf has Amazon Prime so it comes with it, I just realized we have far too many streaming services that I never really use as much as we should.

Apple TV+
Disney+
Netflix
Amazon

I am 100% getting the HBO one as well. I mean, it's still cheaper than a cable package but yeah...I should probably cancel one of those. I will get into Vikings, I guess I should watch the last 2-3 episodes of Season 4 again just to know where the **** I am in the story, then binge Season 5 when I get a chance. I am just waiting for Mr Robot to finish so Amazon puts the latest/last season on and I can work my way through that. I don't like the whole week to week ****.
I also have way too many. They all have stuff I want to watch. I really need to just rotate them or something, I certainly don't need them all at once. Same list as yours but swap apple with Hulu and add HBO.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I also have way too many. They all have stuff I want to watch. I really need to just rotate them or something, I certainly don't need them all at once. Same list as yours but swap apple with Hulu and add HBO.

I’m thinking about getting rid of Prime.

Got Disney+ for free because of Verizon.

Hard to get rid of HBO when there is a new Curb starting soon.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
HBO Max is going to be amazing.

First, it won't censor all of its adult stuff like Disney+ does, which is annoying. They won't add Futurama because they want to keep their mostly PG stuff but have older stuff that is fine somehow. It's kind of dumb.

I am looking forward to being able to see Batman TAS, Batman Beyond, the Green Lantern Corps show, the Soprano's Prequel show, etc etc...that one might be the best of the bunch after Netflix.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I’m thinking about getting rid of Prime.

Got Disney+ for free because of Verizon.

Hard to get rid of HBO when there is a new Curb starting soon.
wat!

its coming back?!!! Sucks Funkhouser died.....
He had a piss ass attitude, but i loved that humor.

I loved soooo many episodes: the bomb sniffing dog that turned out to be a bra sniffing dog or whatever and the racist one sticks out to me for some reason - I laughed that entire episode.

Go to youtube and put in: watch?v=iPnJ2tR2h_M
Can't link it because of F bombs.

AND of course..... how can you not love crazy eyed killa
source.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
wat!

its coming back?!!! Sucks Funkhouser died.....
He had a piss ass attitude, but i loved that humor.

I loved soooo many episodes: the bomb sniffing dog that turned out to be a bra sniffing dog or whatever and the racist one sticks out to me for some reason - I laughed that entire episode.

AND of course..... how can you not love crazy eyed killa
source.gif
It never ceases to crack me up that he's the ever so gorgeous, Vanessa Williams', brother. The guy has had a decent career as just an odd character or two in a lot of things.

He'll always be Broadway Bill from Friday After Next, to me.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It never ceases to crack me up that he's the ever so gorgeous, Vanessa Williams', brother. The guy has had a decent career as just an odd character or two in a lot of things.

He'll always be Broadway Bill from Friday After Next, to me.

Vanessa who?

*a quick duck duck go search*

Oh hmmm... yummy.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Meh, that does nothing for me, too much. A nicely toned bod is best.
It's not the body I am getting at, it's the transformation and he explains how he's achieved it and it's also a display of how one can do that when provided the resources. Its always been comical to me how some people are like look it can't be that hard and they put out a few fitness videos for what they do and it's stupid, all of these clowns have some video about what they did, but Kumail hits it on the head for what is actually needed and I hate how Cavill and Hemsworth have these videos on their workouts when its barely mentioned about diet, the time you need and all of the other real world stuff. I hover at a 8-9% body fat and even that is insanely hard to do the older you get. But 70% of that is diet. 30% is finding the time to workout and doing it.

Chris Hemsworth
Chris Evans
Henry Cavill
Kumail Nanjiani
Chris Pratt

All of these guys were either just skinny dudes or Dad bod types, I remember Pratt from The OC and he was pretty much out of shape for all of that and Parks and Rec, but when that studio money, trainers, chefs, being paid to do nothing but workout for months...you achieve that.

As a fitness dude, I actually look forward to the days I am off for a week so I can do two a days. Kumail and others have touched on why it's just so addicting, it's your mood, its how you fit in your clothes, its how people look at you and how your loved one loves it as well.

But yeah, the only person that didn't seem to like it much is Ben Affleck, which is weird. He was in shape for The Town and then wasn't and then he got huge for Batman and then he gained all of his weight back, he was the one dude that after a super hero set of movies, just figured nah I'm good being out of shape.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
MAN... this guy is pissing me off. He lives a 5 minute walk so I could just pick this thing up in a matter of minutes and he will not sell it.
I'm offerin gto buy an rx580 4gb, gpu for 70$ asap. He won't come down from 100. Only a sucker would buy a used rx580 for 100. There is a f***ing 1060 6gb for 125$ right next to his offer, but I'd have to drive an hour.

He'll never sell a used gpu for too high a price... buys are way too nervous about buying used gpu's from strangers. He won't do 70 and it's pissing me right the f*** off cause I can have a decent GPU right NOW.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Honour Over Glory
7-9% body fat? damn bro you insanely skinny or just really ripped?

I'm 12-13% and I'm skinny, but a good skinny. If I work out for 1 month a solid plan I'll be shredded like a mf. I can't get big like cavil it's just not in my build.
Didn't I show you a picture of me a year ago or something?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I love Mac from sunny... he did both for his show. Super fat and super muscles.
HE admitted though, how nice it is to have studio money to do nothing but get ripped up. I remember because I read the article -- he also said something a long the lines of 'it's not a workout or diet the average person can do when working out'

iu

iu

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory
7-9% body fat? damn bro you insanely skinny or just really ripped?

I'm 12-13% and I'm skinny, but a good skinny. If I work out for 1 month a solid plan I'll be shredded like a mf. I can't get big like cavil it's just not in my build.
Didn't I show you a picture of me a year ago or something?
I'm very lean. Think more Ryan Reynolds in deadpool body shape but maybe 10-15lbs more muscle.

My brother is bigger than I am and he's about 9-10% body fat. I guess that half black side has its benefits.

Edit: I should add, my routine is a little on the crazy side.

Every morning I wake up at 4:30-5am and run about 5miles, then I go about my day, about late afternoon I will hit weights, then at night I will do a wind down jog of about 2miles, it does help that my office has a gym and the gym I do go to is open 24/7 everyday no matter what. Its part me just wanting to be healthy and it's become very habit forming and it's my only way to clear my head and stress, even when we go on vacation, the hotels we stay at has to have a gym. I've lost some family through heart disease and other things, I plan to avoid that as long as I can.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm very lean. Think more Ryan Reynolds in deadpool body shape but maybe 10-15lbs more muscle.

My brother is bigger than I am and he's about 9-10% body fat. I guess that half black side has its benefits.
Same with my older brother. He's a solid 210+ and I'm a solid 165.
He's massive compared to me, built like our father. Yet he literally can not throw a football. Can't play catch with a mitt, doesn't even know how to hold a hockey stick and looks like a looney tunes character when he tried to play tennis one time.
Yet he's absolutely brilliant with any object that emits musical sounds and I look just as silly with any musical instrument, but I can play any sport.

I was always amazed by this how we are polar opposites in our natural talents.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Same with my older brother. He's a solid 210+ and I'm a solid 165.
He's massive compared to me, built like our father. Yet he literally can not throw a football. Can't play catch with a mitt, doesn't even know how to hold a hockey stick and looks like a looney tunes character when he tried to play tennis one time.
Yet he's absolutely brilliant with any object that emits musical sounds and I look just as silly with any musical instrument, but I can play any sport.

I was always amazed by this how we are polar opposites in our natural talents.

Yeah it's weird like that, my brother is taller than I am and bigger, but I was the natural athlete and he wasn't, he's now into playing sports but for him working out was mostly to pick up women at clubs/bars and for me it was so I avoided injuries when I was playing Rugby and Hockey. I am not musically inclined at all, I wish I could play the guitar, I still want to buy one and learn.

The toughest part for me was getting more protein into my body when allergies start to come up, recently I got some protein from this New Zealand company that makes gluten free and lactose free protein and it's been a life saver for me, it helps me supplement the protein I can't get through eating since eating is the toughest part of staying in shape and working out, you have to feed your body and rest. Also, thank god its not f***ing gross like Vega, that stuff is just putrid and clumps when I make my smoothies (Banana, Blueberries, Natrel Lactose Free Milk, some water, then some Glucosamine and that powder).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I get more than my money's worth from prime even without watching anything on it.
It was great at first being able to buy stuff and getting it quicker, at least for the garbage my gf seems to love buying off of it (external batteries, life straws, make-up, eye lashes)...but I honestly haven't used their Prime tv side as much as one should/would while getting it as a free thing. For one, I am not a fan of paying for more channels on a streaming service, we had that Crave thing and they started to add HBO but limited what you saw so I was like whats the point? At that point you've literally made it like cable and I need a package to see the rest of this?

They recently added a bunch of movies, but you get like a part 1 or 2 and that's it when there's like a 3rd one that was out a while back etc. The Tv shows, I am still pissed SG Atlantis stopped at Season 4 and I wasn't able to watch it past that for some reason and now it's gone?

I recently did see 30 Rock again and Parks and Rec just to binge something I used to watch. But outside that and some of the other shows they've made (Carnival Row was fantastic) I might pick it back up when LOTR show comes out.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah it's weird like that, my brother is taller than I am and bigger, but I was the natural athlete and he wasn't, he's now into playing sports but for him working out was mostly to pick up women at clubs/bars and for me it was so I avoided injuries when I was playing Rugby and Hockey. I am not musically inclined at all, I wish I could play the guitar, I still want to buy one and learn.

The toughest part for me was getting more protein into my body when allergies start to come up, recently I got some protein from this New Zealand company that makes gluten free and lactose free protein and it's been a life saver for me, it helps me supplement the protein I can't get through eating since eating is the toughest part of staying in shape and working out, you have to feed your body and rest. Also, thank god its not ****ing gross like Vega, that stuff is just putrid and clumps when I make my smoothies (Banana, Blueberries, Natrel Lactose Free Milk, some water, then some Glucosamine and that powder).

Isn't that whole gluten-free thing just an expensive gimmick. I read somewhere that there is around 5-10% of people who actually need the gluten free and mostly everyone gets no benefits from it except paying more money for nothing.

Also, can't the human body only handle a certain amount of protein before any excess is just wasted and poop'd out? I remember something along those lines that when I used to work out, have a shake before and after working out (shakes for lifting especially) if I was running I would only have a shake after on run days. On top of the two shakes a high protein meal was important to rebuild what you tore apart lifting, say, a chicken breast or a good cut steak. Some green veggies and that was it mostly.

I did notice on days I had big runs or tough lifting plans that if I ate poorly (fast food) the night before or something that is generally throw away (simple) carbs my body would not perform well at all. If I carb loaded on say, pizza (bad yes, but still) or noodles my body was ready to goooo!

Crazy when you actually pay attention how you can literally see and experience the change in your body.
Yeah you are right though. Diet IS the most important part of working out. That along with motivation / dedication. Time... there is always enough time to work out. ---- It literally takes 10 minutes to go out and get a good run in if you are that busy otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad