OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Fun Never Stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think I’ve only watched 2 of the new Star Wars. I have Disney + so I should watch more of them. Not really got into Disney + yet but it’s cheap so whatever.

I saw the Force Awakens and the Last Jedi. They were enjoyable. Not masterpieces or anything but I liked them.
It's shit.

All I want now is the Force Unleashed 1 + 2 story made into a movie. Those are good f***ing stories. Although using Starkiller which is the original name for Skywalker might be a little on the nose, it'd still be f***ing awesome.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Episode 2 of vikings s6 was good too. IMO its a step below rome and a step above game of thrones.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm surprised Vikings is still going. That season when Ragnar dies, was a pretty meh season and the one after is when I finally quit that show.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm surprised Vikings is still going. That season when Ragnar dies, was a pretty meh season and the one after is when I finally quit that show.

Spoiler!

Well, yeah it falls off a bit like i said before when we talked about it. This season is the last one though and it picked up gradually and it's pretty good again.
It's getting pretty crazy now in s6... I think the final episodes are going to be great.
Bet you any money it will be leagues better than gots final season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Spoiler!

Well, yeah it falls off a bit like i said before when we talked about it. This season is the last one though and it picked up gradually and it's pretty good again.
It's getting pretty crazy now in s6... I think the final episodes are going to be great.
Bet you any money it will be leagues better than gots final season.
Wait, did Ragnar come back or something? What did I spoil? Or were you warning me of a spoiler? I liked it up until the end of Season 4. But after that, I tried to watch it, couldn't. I think either Netflix or Amazon has the show now (or will) so I might catch up.

Like I've stated before, I don't allow spoilers to ruin things for me, I read a ton, a lot of books I've read are movies and it hasn't stopped me from liking it any more or less, so don't worry if you want to discuss it.

I am still amused by the notion that with warning pts, they took away my ability to like posts. Like positive reinforcement to others posts is my punishment. I'm still baffled as to that whole stance.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Wait, did Ragnar come back or something? What did I spoil? Or were you warning me of a spoiler? I liked it up until the end of Season 4. But after that, I tried to watch it, couldn't. I think either Netflix or Amazon has the show now (or will) so I might catch up.

Like I've stated before, I don't allow spoilers to ruin things for me, I read a ton, a lot of books I've read are movies and it hasn't stopped me from liking it any more or less, so don't worry if you want to discuss it.

I am still amused by the notion that with warning pts, they took away my ability to like posts. Like positive reinforcement to others posts is my punishment. I'm still baffled as to that whole stance.

Yeah I been there before. After the first one it can last weeks. Annoying more than anything.
lol -- what'd you do now....
I meant spoiler for ragnar fate, but that was years ago so the spoiler veil is no longer valid. It's free reign.
Just finished s6e3 and holy shit what an ending. I'm telling ya - ya gotta at least see it through since your so far in.
Amazon has it. I refuse to watch or buy anything amazon related.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I been there before. After the first one it can last weeks. Annoying more than anything.
lol -- what'd you do now....
I meant spoiler for ragnar fate, but that was years ago so the spoiler veil is no longer valid. It's free reign.
Just finished s6e3 and holy **** what an ending. I'm telling ya - ya gotta at least see it through since your so far in.
Amazon has it. I refuse to watch or buy anything amazon related.
My gf has Amazon Prime so it comes with it, I just realized we have far too many streaming services that I never really use as much as we should.

Apple TV+
Disney+
Netflix
Amazon

I am 100% getting the HBO one as well. I mean, it's still cheaper than a cable package but yeah...I should probably cancel one of those. I will get into Vikings, I guess I should watch the last 2-3 episodes of Season 4 again just to know where the f*** I am in the story, then binge Season 5 when I get a chance. I am just waiting for Mr Robot to finish so Amazon puts the latest/last season on and I can work my way through that. I don't like the whole week to week shit.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Honour Over Glory

vidsirk has alcoholism
ubay is throne sitting for bjorn - but going to find floki
bjorn is going to fight for king harolds release
ivar the boneless, that prick now possibly has the russian vikings with him

just unrest everywhere... going to be a bang up final season.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
i have youtube+hulu

literally have no time for anything else
I feel that way with netflix.

I have basic cable for wifey, but I watch one channel: ATnT Pittsburgh.
I watch broadcast, which is free, more than I watch cable. I use the net to stream and download my movies / tv.
I used to watch TCM but the bastards at concast made it a pay channel.
Lately I'm on a massive mst3k kick. Best part about that show, it is all on youtube for free.

Even shows I do like and watch from cable, I download them. Mostly because I can not stand to watch commercials.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I recently bitched out Amazon...as I am a Prime user, I have their crappy Prime Video (i didnt mention this earlier as beyond The Man In The High Castle, I use it....zero really, and it is 'free' so I didn't go out of my way for it)...anyway...

I bitched them out because they started putting Amazon exclusive content bumpers before and after my show--some of which I can't skip. SURE it is only like 15-30 seconds but I swear it wasnt like this even a couple weeks ago, musta been a new update.

Amazon were like...we will forward your feedback but yes we may show prime content ads on our service

I'm just like...
f***
COMMERCIALS
If I want to find a show or whatever, I will. f*** off.
Can't stand it....youtube at work has commercials because I dont sign in to my account there and it is brutal

Thankfully the...Pens streams that I access...are of NHL.tv and no commercials during breaks (it is funny when you start falling asleep because it is quiet and then suddenly the noise comes back and wakes you up).

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
i never bought anything amazon and neve rwill. that bezos is pure scum and he looks like a penis head.
amazon is all about every single penny and it shows everywhere. I saw their service at my parents house and they sell tv and movies on their pay service. GTFO amazon. I hate them. I never thought I would hate a business worse than walmart, but amazon is twice as bad.
Between the abuse of employees and manufacturers in china and wherever you can find cheap labor and here with their hell hole warehouses. I don't support that and will never shop at either.

Obviously I have to buy something that fuels those conditions upon people, but I avoid it as best as possible.

Reactions: Clare2904

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
i never bought anything amazon and neve rwill. that bezos is pure scum and he looks like a penis head.
amazon is all about every single penny and it shows everywhere. I saw their service at my parents house and they sell tv and movies on their pay service. GTFO amazon. I hate them. I never thought I would hate a business worse than walmart, but amazon is twice as bad.
Between the abuse of employees and manufacturers in china and wherever you can find cheap labor and here with their hell hole warehouses. I don't support that and will never shop at either.

Obviously I have to buy something that fuels those conditions upon people, but I avoid it as best as possible.
Oh it's straight trash and we only have it because my GF and her sister buy a lot of crap off of Amazon. I personally buy stuff from places like Bestbuy if I need electronics or clothing websites directly. I am not a fan of Amazon and how many people scam off of it and I absolutely despise Bezos and his constant shirking of paying full taxes and the dude is a sick f***er.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
But if we are going to walk down that path...most companies we like/use are horrible and at times, even worse than an idiot like Bezos who has no philanthropic bone in his body and will hoard his wealth like the douche nozzle he is, until he finds another prostie to shack up with.

Disney, Nike, Apple, Huawei, Samsung, etc...

All are generally terrible f***ing companies from their manufacturing plants, their pandering to a shitty market that is committing genocide and murders, etc.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
But if we are going to walk down that path...most companies we like/use are horrible and at times, even worse than an idiot like Bezos who has no philanthropic bone in his body and will hoard his wealth like the *****e nozzle he is, until he finds another prostie to shack up with.

Disney, Nike, Apple, Huawei, Samsung, etc...

All are generally terrible ****ing companies from their manufacturing plants, their pandering to a ****ty market that is committing genocide and murders, etc.

Yeah there is no way around supporting it in one way or another. It sucks.
Luckily when I got married in honduras I got our rings for like 100 dollars. She said she wants a diamond and I told her I will not buy a diamond and give money to those scumbags who whip little kids or cut off their hands if they steal because their are starving and need to eat.

Heh, also if you buy fruit from mexico there is a very high chance you are funding the cartels. Avocado is a big one.
Shit, if you eat meat odds are your supporting the animal abuse from those people.
You can't really think about it - because it all ends up being bad news in some way or another.

@EightyOne I always wanted alarge family, but also wanted no kids because I said the same thing. I won't bring them into this filthy place, but I caved and had one. No more though.

--

just finished vikings e4 now I'm current. Aww man, no episode this week? pfff
I'm off to lay down and watch witcher. night yall

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Amazon IS the worst.

The world sucks.

I'm doing my part. No kids. So, at least I am not making another human live in this hell hole.

manofculture.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oddly enough...I had this convo with the gf just an hour ago.

GF - "Babe, we should start trying next year, right?"
Me - "I've been practicing for years, pull that goalie and I won't miss like Crosby."
GF - "Can you stop being stupid for a minute, I am being serious."

So I guess she's getting rid of that IUD thing, which sounds like a uterus bomb, and we're attempting to bring my demon spawn into this world.

Man I am going to be such an old Dad.

Kid's teacher - "Oh that's sweet, did your Grandpa come to get you from kindergarten?"
Kid - "No, that's my Dad."

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Oddly enough...I had this convo with the gf just an hour ago.

GF - "Babe, we should start trying next year, right?"
Me - "I've been practicing for years, pull that goalie and I won't miss like Crosby."
GF - "Can you stop being stupid for a minute, I am being serious."

So I guess she's getting rid of that IUD thing, which sounds like a uterus bomb, and we're attempting to bring my demon spawn into this world.

Man I am going to be such an old Dad.

Kid's teacher - "Oh that's sweet, did your Grandpa come to get you from kindergarten?"
Kid - "No, that's my Dad."

Here’s how the parent teacher interview really went

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Here’s how the parent teacher interview really went

Hahaha, Uncle Buck is a classic, love that movie.

I'm great with kids, I have a lot of nieces and nephews from my cousins and of course my brother has 2 kids himself and they adore me and also my gf. So it's just one of those things where I have always wanted to be a Dad, just never thought it'd happen, now gf is ready to and it might finally happen. Of course its different when they're your own, my brother would leave my nephew and niece with me when they were like 3 and 1 for a week and I was like, wait...is this payback for when I beat you up when we were kids?

Jokes aside, about 3yrs ago, she had a miscarriage and it really messed me up more than I thought it would. The idea that we had this kid on the way that we didn't even plan for and were scared about at first and then really got happy and then had it snatched away was just the most harsh and hurtful things I have ever experienced in my life and honestly, I think about it when she talks about kids, like what if it happens again? That devastated me then, it might put me in a really bad spot mentally for a while. All I could think about was how she was doing, but she handled it better than I did which was weird.

Ok back to stupid stuff...

So @EightyOne is having hot and steamy dreams of Henry Cavill, I knew it.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hahaha, Uncle Buck is a classic, love that movie.

I'm great with kids, I have a lot of nieces and nephews from my cousins and of course my brother has 2 kids himself and they adore me and also my gf. So it's just one of those things where I have always wanted to be a Dad, just never thought it'd happen, now gf is ready to and it might finally happen. Of course its different when they're your own, my brother would leave my nephew and niece with me when they were like 3 and 1 for a week and I was like, wait...is this payback for when I beat you up when we were kids?

Jokes aside, about 3yrs ago, she had a miscarriage and it really messed me up more than I thought it would. The idea that we had this kid on the way that we didn't even plan for and were scared about at first and then really got happy and then had it snatched away was just the most harsh and hurtful things I have ever experienced in my life and honestly, I think about it when she talks about kids, like what if it happens again? That devastated me then, it might put me in a really bad spot mentally for a while. All I could think about was how she was doing, but she handled it better than I did which was weird.

Ok back to stupid stuff...

So @EightyOne is having hot and steamy dreams of Henry Cavill, I knew it.

I'm terrible with kids and totally okay with that.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm terrible with kids and totally okay with that.

giphy.gif
He has weirdly short arms, like he's not proportionate at all. The bigger his arms get, the more stumpy they look and I can't unsee it and I like the dude as an actor, not in a steamy fantasy way like @EightyOne over here.

I'm gonna do a 2nd watch through of The Witcher to see what I missed from the story. Also going to hit those books again and finally finish the 2nd game and get the 3rd.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
...and....there goes HoG until March....
You assume I will finish a game, I've had RDR2 for a year now and I am still at 35% completion, lol. The books I will finish though.

My gf is flying to Vietnam with her family for a family trip, I was supposed to come but I had some work stuff come up and won't be able to, so I guess I have like 15 days to just be a gaming dork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad