OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Fun Never Stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just downloaded 3rd rock from the sun after last nights talk hog...

Holy **** it is even funnier than I remember!
First few episodes of season 1 have my belly laughing... Man it's been years since I even seen an episode. What a very underrated show!
giphy.gif

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Why is my ad blocker not working on mobile? How ****ing annoying

Do you have an iPhone? I don’t get any pop up ads and I don’t have an ad blocker. Occasionally the join HF one pops up on my iPad lol but it’s rare.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Do you have an iPhone? I don’t get any pop up ads and I don’t have an ad blocker. Occasionally the join HF one pops up on my iPad lol but it’s rare.
Fixed it. Had to turn it off then on again.

I do have an iphone XR and use Adblock Plus otherwise there is an ad above the Post New Thread and one in the middle of the Sticky Threads

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Fixed it. Had to turn it off then on again.

I do have an iphone XR and use Adblock Plus otherwise there is an ad above the Post New Thread and one in the middle of the Sticky Threads

I do get ads but just a banner at the top and a side one that doesn’t effect me. As long as they aren’t pop ups I don’t mind. How is the XR? Thinking of getting a new phone. Probably will have to when iOS 14 comes out. I have the SE because I like lighter, smaller phones but doesn’t seem I’ll have a choice soon. Bring back the 5C!!!!

Reactions: Clare2904

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I do get ads but just a banner at the top and a side one that doesn’t effect me. As long as they aren’t pop ups I don’t mind. How is the XR? Thinking of getting a new phone. Probably will have to when iOS 14 comes out. I have the SE because I like lighter, smaller phones but doesn’t seem I’ll have a choice soon. Bring back the 5C!!!!
I find anything annoying :laugh:

TBH it is a phone. I always think the cameras on them are shite for taking zoom photos and high speed but I only have mine for the internet/calls from work then camera last

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
did you think it was a chick show?
it's really good. It's climbing fast on my list of best netflix series.
I mean I guess the target audience was. Someone recommended me the books a while back and I read them and then the show came out and now it's on netflix and season 2 is out. f*** it. Enjoy it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean I guess the target audience was. Someone recommended me the books a while back and I read them and then the show came out and now it's on netflix and season 2 is out. **** it. Enjoy it.

I mean... I didn't think it was chick flickishy... Is it? Now that i think about it, there are tons of nothing but pretty actors / actresses... it is about dating... about doing the right things to please each other the right way in a relationship... but but but in a stalker / sociopath point of view. There are how to stalk properly... steal identities... lie cheat and deceive... type of storyline topics. I don't know.

Maybe it is 25% chickish 75% stalker / psycho / sociopath...

ah whatever. It is damn good and season 2 is excellent.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I just got back from an auction with my father. I go to these things and other places every sunday. I never really go for me, but today we found this authentic 71 Malkin jersey from the reebok era for 15$ we got it. Pretty freaking sweet. It will go along perfect with my 09 autographed Malkin picture with him standing on the ice holding the stanley cup over his head and his autographed rookie card. Too bad I didn't have a jersey for him to autograph. I met Malkin with Gonchar and talked a couple minutes and they signed some of my shit.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Delete if gun talk is unallowed.

Went to a show and just purchased a 1937 dated Mosin Nagant, Russian Infantry rifle from 1891-1965. Came with the Original strap and Bayonette. In lovely condition, look forward to a disassemble then a tune up and then off to the range

I am naming it Evgeni

I may or may not have a 1943 M38 Mosin-Nagant carbine out of Izhevsk. No bayonet on these...usually issued to tank/artillery/rear troops....as if the Soviets held anyone back lol.

I'm gonna go ahead and just assume that EVERY Mosin has seen combat though. I hope mine only took anger at Nazi bastards and no one else.

I've got the oiler/tool kit, twenty ammo pouches, and sling. This was from when you could buy decent examples for $80 lol. And Hungarian surplus 1000+ rounds for like $125. Wish I bought so much more to re-sale now!

The best thing about the carbines is the fireball you get throwing that 7.62 round downrange lol.

I don't name my firearms, tools, or cars though.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I may or may not have a 1943 M38 Mosin-Nagant carbine out of Izhevsk. No bayonet on these...usually issued to tank/artillery/rear troops....as if the Soviets held anyone back lol.

I'm gonna go ahead and just assume that EVERY Mosin has seen combat though. I hope mine only took anger at Nazi bastards and no one else.

I've got the oiler/tool kit, twenty ammo pouches, and sling. This was from when you could buy decent examples for $80 lol. And Hungarian surplus 1000+ rounds for like $125. Wish I bought so much more to re-sale now!

The best thing about the carbines is the fireball you get throwing that 7.62 round downrange lol.

I don't name my firearms, tools, or cars though.

Being of Ashkenazi Jewish blood myself (only by blood though), I like to think a Russian Jewish soldier was handling my rifle and pumpin Nazi's.

That's awesome that you were able to narrow down where it was produced, do you know the manufacturer? mine was/is Tula, like the ammo brand I bought for it. Russian made.

I haven't named any of my tools, bongs, cars/motorcycles, or guitars, but this one felt right.

Also right on to talk to another Mosin owner, I do love that it its cartridge is so powerful at 7.62x54mm

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hmmmm. What do you mean manufacturer?

Was there anything other than the state run Izhevsk Mechanical Plant in Izhevsk? Or anyone other Tula Arms Plant in Tula?

I thought there was just the big city factory as noted by the stamping on the receiver.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean... I didn't think it was chick flickishy... Is it? Now that i think about it, there are tons of nothing but pretty actors / actresses... it is about dating... about doing the right things to please each other the right way in a relationship... but but but in a stalker / sociopath point of view. There are how to stalk properly... steal identities... lie cheat and deceive... type of storyline topics. I don't know.

Maybe it is 25% chickish 75% stalker / psycho / sociopath...

ah whatever. It is damn good and season 2 is excellent.
It is a book geared to YA's but if it's done well there's nothing that says it's just for young female adults. I liked it and my gf isn't that into the story but she'll read anything with magic and witches for whatever reason.

I mean I also really liked The Maze Runner.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I wasn't trying to imply anything there. She's just the person I know who is watching it
Oh I know I was more or less just saying it's enjoyable so it's all good. That Riverdale show sucks and I don't get the popularity or even that 13 reasons but that Sabrina show wasn't half bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad