OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Fun Never Stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A halfer.... hmmm... HEY!
Reminds me, growing up.... I lived in a small town next to a city that was 5-10ish miles away. I had this best friend Geoff. Both of his parents were white and his sister was white, but he was ****ing tan like an Italian it was the strangest thing. Maybe he was wrot with infidelity.
But I never knew it as an innocent child, people shouted the craziest **** that I only realized as I had gotten older.

I'm old school in a lot of ways... I joke about races and saw raunchy **** and I am far from PC. I'm offensive, BUT it's in good humor. I'm far from racist. I have a straight up Honduran wife I paid thousands of dollars to get a visa and move her here, etc.

I'm just so sick of the PC, hate crowd, counter culture, etc etc whatever you call the maniacs.

Yeah man It is wrong what they did / said to you.I'll never forget my black friend was sitting at the bar with me and a few friends whom he had just gotten in while several of us had been there awhlie talking with 3 old friends from highschool. The bar had high stools. The 3 of them were cool with us until my black friend came and sat down, this guy started melting down from the inside out mumbling the most racist thoughts. He eventually shouted ******, blah blah I forget the rest, and swept his bar highstool out from under him and tried to start a fist fight. People should not have to deal with that kind of treatment because of their color. He dealt with it so frequently (in the bar scene way back in the day). It takes a special kind of person to say such rotten things to a fellow human being.
Eh I laugh at racist jokes. Can't take life too seriously but there's stuff like Don Cherry that people excuse and is blatantly racist in a hateful way and that I don't like. But jokes? Eh I'm cool with shit like that.

Reactions: shoplifter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, the fact that nobody wants to engage me on the merits of Zatoichi vs. Lone Wolf and Cub means I'm invariably right. :naughty:

7143665de7676c674b704a7af0ad33fb.gif
I'm a fan of Samurai Jack as well.

Reactions: EightyOne

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Who knew trying to balance a dozen health problems while trying how to learn about 5 different jobs simultaneously and trying to travel during specific windows affordably would be so damn difficult?

My heart is set on Myanmar while my brain thinks my heart is an idiot for even thinking about Southeast Asia.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Eh I laugh at racist jokes. Can't take life too seriously but there's stuff like Don Cherry that people excuse and is blatantly racist in a hateful way and that I don't like. But jokes? Eh I'm cool with **** like that.

I'm polish and I _love_ hearing polish jokes =]
As long as the are creative shiny and new. Not something hurtful just to be hurtful, ya know?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's fantastic. I'm hoping he continues to make more. First episode dude loses his family..like damn man.

Yeah, I'm hoping to binge all 10 episodes of the first season on the semester break, so don't spoil it for me yet. :laugh: Just curious to how it's standing up, 'cause like you, I dig his work.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I'm hoping to binge all 10 episodes of the first season on the semester break, so don't spoil it for me yet. :laugh: Just curious to how it's standing up, 'cause like you, I dig his work.
Oh damn. I apologize. It is fantastic, very visceral and just eye popping with the visuals and story. A bit of that you saw in the final season of Samurai Jack when he finally returned to it to wrap it up properly.

I have never bought episodes before but I did for this one on my iPhone.

Only 5 episodes though. Back half is next year.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Yeah that's what I took issue with. You can tell when it's joking but that has been his thing his whole life.

Yep.

Jokes are meant to enfranchise, to bring people together to laugh, even if the specific joke is off color or controversial. Good racial humor is about breaking down barriers. Cherry's shtick is just hateful and divisive. He's just a bad person.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think CW is mostly garbage and only ever watched bits of Arrow and The Flash. But this whole shared thing is now getting you to see Supergirl, Legends, and various other shows you don't want to watch or bother to, to see parts of an episode that continues on another.

This is my biggest issue with the Marvel shows. You now have all of the big actors from the Avengers, in these shows, so now, you see another Avengers/Marvel movie and it has to tie into these shows, because how else would that work? It wouldn't. So now you have to drag yourself through like 10 of these moronic shows, to get some stupid in joke/plot (hole) and people wonder why some other companies don't do the shared universe?

That shit is draining af. What kind of loser has the time to sit through all of that shit just to see a new movie of theirs?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yep.

Jokes are meant to enfranchise, to bring people together to laugh, even if the specific joke is off color or controversial. Good racial humor is about breaking down barriers. Cherry's shtick is just hateful and divisive. He's just a bad person.
Yeah, I didn't like how a certain member here took issue with my disdain for people like Cherry and racism people feel while playing sports or just wanting to be included.

I'm not someone that is easily angered either with racism or off color comments - Hell, I laugh at shit Burr, Jeselnik, etc joke about, but man...when someone spews that stuff night in and night out, then you finally drop the hammer after a comment that is no worse than his usual stuff, makes me wonder, what really prompted it is the odd thing to me.

In any case, I don't want to make more work for the mods here, I'll leave this at that.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think it's a coincidence that immediately after Don Cherry's firing following his 974th xenophobic/racist/misogynistic quip, he appeared on Tucker Carlson's show. :laugh:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
When faced with accusations of racism, clearly the best thing to do is agree to an interview with another racist.

Your main career is looking like it's over. Might as well double down. Then your fans who shared the same sentiments know you're really one of them. Really a short sighted, narrow minded piece of shit like them.

He'll start his own show. Those idiots will follow. He'll make more money than he ever did by trying to be middle ground against every true grain in his body.

Soon he'll be able to spout his BS to rabid, subscription audience, without censorship, on his own media platform.

If anything, firing him just made him stronger. Now there's no hope of corporate media telling him to take it easy on air.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think CW is mostly garbage and only ever watched bits of Arrow and The Flash. But this whole shared thing is now getting you to see Supergirl, Legends, and various other shows you don't want to watch or bother to, to see parts of an episode that continues on another.

This is my biggest issue with the Marvel shows. You now have all of the big actors from the Avengers, in these shows, so now, you see another Avengers/Marvel movie and it has to tie into these shows, because how else would that work? It wouldn't. So now you have to drag yourself through like 10 of these moronic shows, to get some stupid in joke/plot (hole) and people wonder why some other companies don't do the shared universe?

That **** is draining af. What kind of loser has the time to sit through all of that **** just to see a new movie of theirs?
That's a complaint I can't argue with. Anybody who doesn't want to go all in is just getting an inferior experience if they try to dabble. I'm curious how they handle all the new series in that respect.

I'm going to watch them all so I love it. I also hope nobody else does a big shared universe that I care to watch because I can't do two of these. Please DCU stick to more one offs. Let marvel make these things, you keep making different stuff like Joker.

Last edited:

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
That's a complaint I can't argue with. Anybody who doesn't want to go all in is just getting an inferior experience if they try to dabble. I'm curious how they handle all the new series in that respect.

I'm going to watch them all so I love it. I also hope nobody else does a big shared universe that I care to watch because I can't do two of these. Please DCU stick to more one offs. Let marvel make these things, you keep making different stuff like Joker.

It's certainly something that has held this particular user back. I feel like if I leapt into the MCU I'd probably enjoy most/all of it but it's fairly intimidating if you didn't get in on the ground floor. It's not something you can wander into now without putting in the homework and frankly, ain't nobody got time for dat.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad