OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Fun Never Stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Assume there will be no impediment to watching The Witcher if you've never read the books or played the games?

Has anyone checked into the HBO His Dark Materials series? Thoughts if you've read or not read the source material?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Assume there will be no impediment to watching The Witcher if you've never read the books or played the games?

Has anyone checked into the HBO His Dark Materials series? Thoughts if you've read or not read the source material?
Witcher series has no barrier to entry. First season will cover the first two books based on short stories.

I read both and I honestly don't really see anything in those two books you will be missing out on that the show can't explain. The first two books have some really great stories in there. I hope they do my favorite shorties.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have a friend who does it and his beer is legit good. But he has been doing it for like 10 years now and he has a whole room of a house dedicated to equipment for it. I remember that first Mr. Beer batch. Sours are less appetizing when you know it wasn't intentional :laugh:

What I wanted to do is turn a part of my big basement storage closet into a dedicated beer brewing station. The only problem is that I'm planning on moving again within a year (finally moving out to the suburbs, oh dear) and the place I'm looking at doesn't have that kind of storage closet, so I'm not sure I'll have space for it in my new apartment.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

I've only seen the first episode, but it seems lackluster. I know nothing of the source material and don't think I've seen The Golden Compass either. I'm sure I'll continue watching.

What I wanted to do is turn a part of my big basement storage closet into a dedicated beer brewing station. The only problem is that I'm planning on moving again within a year (finally moving out to the suburbs, oh dear) and the place I'm looking at doesn't have that kind of storage closet, so I'm not sure I'll have space for it in my new apartment.

I have most of the equipment needed, but no ingredients. My kitchen isn't set up to my liking for brewing, but I could probably get something set up in my basement if I get one of those fancy hot plates I see on cooking shows. Just looked them up, I think they're actually called "portable induction cooktops".

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I've only seen the first episode, but it seems lackluster. I know nothing of the source material and don't think I've seen The Golden Compass either. I'm sure I'll continue watching.

I have most of the equipment needed, but no ingredients. My kitchen isn't set up to my liking for brewing, but I could probably get something set up in my basement if I get one of those fancy hot plates I see on cooking shows. Just looked them up, I think they're actually called "portable induction cooktops".

My coworker who brews beer said he just uses a turkey fryer to boil water. It doesn't sound like it's super complicated, all you need is an air tight bucket, a turkey fryer and the appropriate ingredients it sounds like.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I honestly don't even know what all he has. I just know it's a lot.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I definitely agree that this movie should have happened a few years ago. That said, I still think that scene worked well. Even without a movie she's been around long enough to get some solid development. I hate that they didn't include her in the funeral though. Like wtf guys.

Definitely looking forward to The Witcher.
Lol yeah the funeral...completely dissed her there.

I think the movie would have worked better as a mini series on Disney+

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Lol yeah the funeral...completely dissed her there.

I think the movie would have worked better as a mini series on Disney+
Do any of the actors / actresses have problems with disney making shows out of movies and the stars complain they are doing tv shows now instead of movies?

Some of those people are real pricks and bitch about doing tv. disney deals with so many stars you figure some of them would refuse (if contractually possible to do so) to do tv shows.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
nIRwJGJ.jpg

Do any of the actors / actresses have problems with disney making shows out of movies and the stars complain they are doing tv shows now instead of movies?

Some of those people are real pricks and ***** about doing tv. disney deals with so many stars you figure some of them would refuse (if contractually possible to do so) to do tv shows.
$$$$$$$$$$$

Also, a lot of those actors aren't really doing big budget anything outside of Marvel stuff these days. It's steady work for B/C actors treated like A actors.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man... the last 2 or 3 days we have this brazen mouse who just chills and walks around the house eating. He isn't afraid of us at all. This cute little baby mouse. I would get within inches of him/her and mouse don't give a damn... mouse going to finish eating or walking around gingerly.

So today, just now actually, wifey was screaming this mouse is right at her feet eating and he won't go away. So I walked into the kitchen, got a wonton soup container and put mouse inside, who was still there eating 2 or 3 minutes after I came down stairs and got a soup container.

So me being an animal softy I put him in a bigger flat bottom bucket with some bread and cheese and the mouse is so chill walking around eating. I was going to let him go outside, but it's too cold now he will just die slowly. So I figure I will feed him tonight and let him go outside when it is warmer in the day tomorrow.

I wonder why he is so chill and don't care about people or dogs. Can't be hurt... what an odd mouse.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Hey I was just curious what do you recommend for starters, like any videos or some where to go to follow beginner info.
If you know of anything. If not, no problem.
Is there something in particular that you are trying to do, or just general all around photoshop skills?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Is there something in particular that you are trying to do, or just general all around photoshop skills?

Just basic stuff. I like messing with layers, but if there is some cool stuff you recommend I'll do that too.
I see tons of instructional stuff on torrents, but I know photoshop is a massive beast you can't just learn over night.

I have 2 weeks off and need to kill some time so I have alllllllll day to fiddle with it.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Just basic stuff. I like messing with layers, but if there is some cool stuff you recommend I'll do that too.
I see tons of instructional stuff on torrents, but I know photoshop is a massive beast you can't just learn over night.

I have 2 weeks off and need to kill some time so I have alllllllll day to fiddle with it.
Yeah, there is so much you can do with it. My favorite way to learn is by creating something. I recommend just attempting to make something and youtubing tutorials once you get stuck. The more time you spend the better you will get. Maybe something like a Pens GDT or something easy to start.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, there is so much you can do with it. My favorite way to learn is by creating something. I recommend just attempting to make something and youtubing tutorials once you get stuck. The more time you spend the better you will get. Maybe something like a Pens GDT or something easy to start.
Yep that is how I survive now. YT'ing whatever area I'm fiddling with.
Aight, I'm not looking for anything specific so thats fine.
Thanks for helping.

Reactions: dogthateats

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Thomas Jefferson is whooping on Dallas in the PA state football final. Class AAAA I think.

20-nil at half

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It's apparently blocked while I'm Portland. Weird. What was it?

A married couple were X factor judges and the wife went on a rant how he was just copying her husband and he had no integrity (because he wore a suit and had short hair lol). The husband continued on with the rant basically saying he was Norman Bates. Judges were fired haha

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Someone just liked a post of mine from 364 days ago :laugh:. He’s going to be mad when he finds out we traded Hagelin.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A married couple were X factor judges and the wife went on a rant how he was just copying her husband and he had no integrity (because he wore a suit and had short hair lol). The husband continued on with the rant basically saying he was Norman Bates. Judges were fired haha
Yeah I googled it. The female singer changed her name to her real name for her singing career because she was associated to that incident by her old name.

What an absolute trash human being, well both of them.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Someone just liked a post of mine from 364 days ago :laugh:. He’s going to be mad when he finds out we traded Hagelin.
What? We did.

Yeah I have that notification on as well. I am still waiting for this turd nugget of a site to figure out how to properly implement an ignore feature. Then when my list is complete the Pens board will be beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad