Saudi Pro League

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course he did. Because that sets him as a trailblazer leading the way into a bright new league instead of a dude who fell so hard off a cliff absolutely no one wanted him any more and had to go to a desperate league to get paid.
He said it the day after Messi got his MLS presentation... he's unintentionally hilarious .

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Of course he did. Because that sets him as a trailblazer leading the way into a bright new league instead of a dude who fell so hard off a cliff absolutely no one wanted him any more and had to go to a desperate league to get paid.
It also has nothing to do with Messi’s new team I’m sure…

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think he's wrong that the Saudi money hurts the level of European football. It's not by enough that anyone should take the statement too seriously, but some of the players going from the top European teams to Saudi are still very good players that are a loss for European football.

Obviously though his statements were made with self-interest in mind, and not to be logical about any of this.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
1-4 against Benfica.
What really? Benfica beat Al Nassr? No waaaay.

Noone's saying Saudi clubs are suddenly gonna rival Madrid or City.
But it's fun, watching Benz, Cristiano, Kante, Brozovic, Neves, Firminho, Koulibaly, Mahrez, etc etc.
Those are still quality players.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What really? Benfica beat Al Nassr? No waaaay.

Noone's saying Saudi clubs are suddenly gonna rival Madrid or City.
But it's fun, watching Benz, Cristiano, Kante, Brozovic, Neves, Firminho, Koulibaly, Mahrez, etc etc.
Those are still quality players.
I don't give a f*** really, I have no intention watching any game from there.
I was simply refering to Ronaldo's utterly stupid statements. Not surprised though, I've claimed for years he was mentally challenged and a cancer in the lockerroom.
It took his second United stay for people here to admit he's bad influence.

Reactions: les Habs

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I don't give a f*** really, I have no intention watching any game from there.
I was simply refering to Ronaldo's utterly stupid statements. Not surprised though, I've claimed for years he was mentally challenged and a cancer in the lockerroom.
It took his second United stay for people here to admit he's bad influence.
I don't think there were a lot of people who ever though Cristiano was some sort of an ultimate teammate. Neither is Messi tbh.
But both were in a tier of their own in terms of performance for a long while.

Anyway, Saudis offering PSG 300m for Mbappe, and 200m salary to Mbappe for 1 year.

Imagine, Mbappe at Al Hilal. L M A O

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't think there were a lot of people who ever though Cristiano was some sort of an ultimate teammate. Neither is Messi tbh.
But both were in a tier of their own in terms of performance for a long while.

Anyway, Saudis offering PSG 300m for Mbappe, and 200m salary to Mbappe for 1 year.

Imagine, Mbappe at Al Hilal. L M A O

LOL at the Messi reference.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Alright friends.
Since the Saudi NBA Superleague of the World is coming, let's keep an eye for the BIG-4, which tbh, is on its way to beat out the English BIG-6 (especially if you include Newcastle here hihihi):

Al Ittihad: Benzema, Kante, Jota, Helder Costa, Fabinho (?)

Al Nassr: Cristiano Ronaldo, Brozovic, Seko Fofana, Luiz Gustavo, Alex Telles, Alvaro Gonzalez, Sadio Mane (?)

Al Hilal: Koulibaly, Neves, Milinkovic-Savic, Mitrovic (?), Matheus Pereira, Veratti, Malcolm

Al Ahli: Firminho, Mendy, Mahrez (?), Saint-Maximin

Others: Henderson (Al Ettifaq) (?)

Putting in some rumored ones (but from what I can tell, likely ones), just to make it interesting.

And of course, we still got Mbappe to Al Hilal as the end game.

Lets gooooo, ordering my Al Nassr Brozovic jersey as we speak.

We can come back to this thread in 2 years time, after one of the Als beats City/Madrid in the World Club Final and Ceferin introduces 2 "guest spots" for Saudi clubs in the UCL.
Contracts to be signed on Ceferin's new yacht.

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
UPDATED:

Al Ittihad: Benzema, Kante, Jota, Helder Costa, Fabinho

Al Nassr: Cristiano Ronaldo, Brozovic, Seko Fofana, Luiz Gustavo, Alex Telles, Alvaro Gonzalez, Sadio Mane, Aymeric Laporte (?)

Al Hilal: Koulibaly, Neves, Milinkovic-Savic, Mitrovic (?), Matheus Pereira, Malcolm, Neymar, Bono

Al Ahli: Firminho, Mendy, Mahrez, Saint-Maximin, Ibanez, Kessie, Merih Demiral

Others: Henderson, Moussa Dembele (Al Ettifaq), Jason Denayer (Al Fateh)

NGL, I'd rather watch these 4 teams than Everton v Palace.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad