News Article: Sather on Mcdonagh "I'd never seen him play"

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Still feel like the Rangers should've been the ones throwing in prospects for us taking Gomez's contract...

Analyzer*

They can go do it on the main board.

I think they brought it back here because people on the main board couldn't handle their weird fetish, so they decided to come back and be amongst people who are "similar" to them.

I'm with you, though. I'm sick of that and how we missed out on Giroux and crap like that.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
We should have suspected something with Mike Busto in the deal.

Analyzer*

We should have suspected something with Mike Busto in the deal.

Yeah, McDonagh must have zapped his powers. A strong name like Michael Busto gives no indication that he will be a... bad hockey player.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Who cares.... Does it matter ? Does it change the fact that Gainey traded him ?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I think they brought it back here because people on the main board couldn't handle their weird fetish, so they decided to come back and be amongst people who are "similar" to them.

I'm with you, though. I'm sick of that and how we missed out on Giroux and crap like that.

Missing out on Giroux doesn't bother me. You miss out on players at the draft, that happens all the time. Giving away first round picks to help another team though ? We had a really good player and gave him up for nothing. That's different, and I understand why people can't let it go.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Who cares?

If he said "I scouted him thoroughly and I thought he was a 1st round pick, just like he was drafted as"

Okay...

Really makes no dif. His scouts liked him and he wanted to get rid of Gomez. He would've taken Fischer to get rid of Gomez.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Who cares?

If he said "I scouted him thoroughly and I thought he was a 1st round pick, just like he was drafted as"

Okay...

Really makes no dif. His scouts liked him and he wanted to get rid of Gomez. He would've taken Fischer to get rid of Gomez.

More likely, he didn't even bother to consult with his scouts and simply pulled the trigger on ANY kind of decent return for Gomez who was a negative value asset that he wanted to get rid of anyway in order to have the cap room to sign Gaborik.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Clearly, neither did Gainey/Gauthier. Timmins was visibly pissed when RDS asked him about trade though which was interesting.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mods, can you please close this? Who cares what Sather thinks.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
That's why GMs hire scouts. Makes me hate Gauthier even more.

Could be worse for us we lost a very young promising prospect but look at Sathers track record:

Gomez, Redden, Rosivwal, Holik, Gaborik, Richards, Drury and I am sure there are some I have missed and now that waived Richards they will sign their next flop for big money.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00