Post-Game Talk: Sat., Oct. 12 2013|Flyers 2 at Red Wings 5

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Gus and Mcginn belong on this roster full time.

Schenn again the lowest toi on the ice. JVR 2 more goals......how bad is this trade looking.

They could give him Kimmo's PP minutes. It couldn't be any worse than watching Timonen sabotage our best scoring chances over and over.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
In his defense, he hasn't played bad. He had a slow start last season, hopefully it's just a matter of time until he turns it up again. He and Gus were great together at the end of last season, I would like to see them reunited and Schenn given more ice time.

I agree , he has not looked bad one bit, but still its hard to not look bad when all you do is play 15 minutes a game.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Again, why did we waste 5 games with mez and Talbot on the third line, and trying to sign Cleary when we had good cheap players with energy sitting right here? So frustrating

I ask the same thing about having both Rosehill and Newbury in the lineup most nights, why we waited three games to fire Laviolette, and why we seem to not care about taking penalties.

I think they do it all to intentionally piss us off. We've been saying to correct all these simple lineup decisions and more for a long while now.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Luke Schenn has been fine this season and even this game he played low minutes and got a +1. I don't see why people feel the need to complain about him. The Leafs practically had a shootout with the Oilers so it's no wonder JVR scored a couple times. Not to mention JVR and Schenn play two different positions and play totally different games.

JVR has much higher upside but let's not pretend like Schenn is being horrible or like JVR is a PPG player.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They should bring up Holmstrom for the 4th line till Vinny is back. Then Talbot can go back there.

@AnthonySan37: Berube post game: "we've got to stop taking penalties. That's been a problem in this organization for far too long." #flyers

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Luke Schenn has been fine this season and even this game he played low minutes and got a +1. I don't see why people feel the need to complain about him. The Leafs practically had a shootout with the Oilers so it's no wonder JVR scored a couple times. Not to mention JVR and Schenn play two different positions and play totally different games.

JVR has much higher upside but let's not pretend like Schenn is being horrible or like JVR is a PPG player.

I don't really think anybody is

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Sure about that? Ever since that crazy, anonymous tweet or whatever it was from Dreger people have been talking about the trade and Schenn at times.

Jtown wasn't really complaining, at least I don't think he was. He said he hasn't looked bad at all, he just isn't getting ice time which obviously makes him less valuable to the team.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
Sure about that? Ever since that crazy, anonymous tweet or whatever it was from Dreger people have been talking about the trade and Schenn at times.

I agree. L.Schenn has been fairly solid aside from a couple bad passes. He was doing a great job infront of the net, and mixes it up with anyone who wants to get a little too close to the goalies. Schenn an Streit have been excellent compared to the rest of our crew. If we traded Mes, Gus, Timonen, Coburn or Grossman, I wouldn't be heartbroken. Actually, I'm growing a little tired of Kimmo getting a free pass these past couple years. He's declined worse than Gagne.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Those complaints look more about how the Flyers are using Schenn than complaints against his performance.

That second one was at the very least comparing it to JVR.

Regardless, it's not just those two quotes. Like I said, since that Dreger tweet people have been talking about Schenn. I've heard complaints about his game shape, time on ice, performance, and how we lost that trade since then. Guess I'm the only one noticing it.

Jtown wasn't really complaining, at least I don't think he was. He said he hasn't looked bad at all, he just isn't getting ice time which obviously makes him less valuable to the team.

Look above.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I missed the game.

I require updates on Giroux, Vorasaurus Cek, Emery, The Schenn Clan, Couturier, Gus, Mez, Simmonds, and Read. Read concerned me last game, he started out good and got worse as the game went on, ending with terrible play.

Thanks!

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i like Luke a lot, I think he is a solid top 4 defender that brings a lot to the ice.

But he needs to give us 20 min a night because kimmo and streit should not be playing heavy minutes.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
That second one was at the very least comparing it to JVR.

Regardless, it's not just those two quotes. Like I said, since that Dreger tweet people have been talking about Schenn. I've heard complaints about his game shape, time on ice, performance, and how we lost that trade since then. Guess I'm the only one noticing it.

Look above.

I guess I've just tuned them out. :laugh:

Complaining about his toi I understand but nothing else. He's been solid and I imagine he'll get better the more he plays.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think Read hit the crossbar when he drove the net hard in the second.

i like Luke a lot, I think he is a solid top 4 defender that brings a lot to the ice.

But he needs to give us 20 min a night because kimmo and streit should not be playing heavy minutes.

Easy way to cut Kimmo's minutes: Streit and Voracek on the points of PP1, Gustaffson and Read on the points of PP2.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
Forgot to add in that Talbot was also "UGLY" I'm really finding it hard to find a place for guys like Talbot, Newbury and Rinaldo (If he's gonna start playing like he did last game)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I missed the game.

I require updates on Giroux, Vorasaurus Cek, Emery, The Schenn Clan, Couturier, Gus, Mez, Simmonds, and Read. Read concerned me last game, he started out good and got worse as the game went on, ending with terrible play.

Thanks!

G got his first point and looked better, particularly after he got the point.

Jake is improving but still isn't the Jake from last yr or even two yrs ago.

Emery wasn't very good, at all. We've said it a hundred times but he's so slow post to post and the 4th goal was pretty terrible.

L Schenn still isn't getting the ice time he deserves, he was solid.

B Schenn had 7 shots, turned beast on a few shifts and was our best forward IMO. He needs to stay at center.

Simmer was much better, he Schenn and Raffl were probably our best line tonight.

Couturier had some good shifts and a golden opportunity but couldn't capitalize.

Mez was a healthy scratch.

Gus played great, probably our best d-man definitely in the offensive zone. He could of easily come away with multiple points.

Read was Read again. His last game concerned me as well but he was back to his old self.

Overall the team was much much better in all zones. They deserved at least a point IMO but Emery cost 'em.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad