Post-Game Talk: Sat., Oct. 12 2013|Flyers 2 at Red Wings 5

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Oh well. This was probably the best game they've played so far. It's something to build off of.

Good: Finally getting good chances in the offensive zone.
Bad: PK and PP
Ugly: Emery...especially that first goal

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Good: Read, B. Schenn, Gus, team defense.

Bad: powerplay.

Ugly: Emery, penalty kill, constant *****ing about the refs (always increases exponentially when the Flyers are struggling).

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
good: youngguns, and the team is actualy starting to look like somewhat of a team
bad: Kimmo
Ugly: Emery (wow, worse then i expected bad)

i didnt want Emery back when we were searching for another goalie after picking up mason and removing Bryzaster.

i knew this guy wouldnt work for us.

but i didnt think he'd be this godam bad.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Good: Looked like a team, neutral and D good, offensive zone better.
Bad: PK bad after being pretty good so far.
Ugly: Emery, Kimmos pass, refs, PP.

Funny: How scared Newbury looked in the box when Tootoo stared at him... scummy play that slash.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Good: McGinn, Raffl, B Schenn, Gus
Bad: PP, PK, Timonen with that dumb ass pass attempt
Ugly: Emery. He won't even be a good backup. If Mason stops playing well or gets hurt we will be a looking at another high draft pick

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Good- Offense looked much better this game than any other so far, could've easily had a couple more goals, Raffl Gus and McGinn looked good, other forwards looked pretty good individually

Bad- Timonen, Couturier, Coburns shot, Emery, Refs

Ugly- PK, PP, Emery, Refs, Emery

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You guys blaming Emery for the second goal? Looked like a good shot to me.

Kind of sad how much better than Hartnell McGinn looked.

Raffl should play up here from now on

MillerTime2181

Nov 3, 2010
B. Schenn was a beast tonight does anyone know if he is okay? I didn't pay much attention after he appeared hurt.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Oh well. This was probably the best game they've played so far. It's something to build off of.

Good: Finally getting good chances in the offensive zone.
Bad: PK and PP
Ugly: Emery...especially that first goal

The first goal was NOT Emery's fault. Grossmann took Kronwall in the corner, Coburn took the forward, TALBOT blew it (2nd game in a row) and went to the wrong post. Emery got over to cover the stuff, but because Bertuzzi was allowed to come around so far, he got the puck to the middle of the net, where the out of position TALBOT finished his shame in style by tipping it deftly between Emery's leg.

Seriously, Talbot stinks so bad this year, I'd be happy to dump him with Meszaros for a 2nd pick.

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.
I saw most of the first and the second half of the third, how did Raffl. McGinn, and Gus look? I didn't notice much of any of them, but I see from the boxscore Gus scored.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I never wanted Emery either. He wasnt even good last year. He had a couple good games. But then again he had the stanley cup winning team in front of him. Mason should play every game. And if i were the coach/gm these are the lines i would make from here on out.

When Hartnell gets better. Throw him and grossmann in for package for a good D like buff, edler or yandle.

Raffl is on the team for the rest of the year.

Mason is gonna play as many games possible. Emery is a good backup.

Gus is going to be in the top 4 D.

Try and trade couturier for a forward that can actually do something.

And stack the top line.

team would be. Including Couturier.
Giroux Lecalvier Voracek
Raffl Schenn Simmonds
Read Couturier Mcginn
Talbot Hall Rinaldo

Timonen Gus
Schenn Streit
Meszaros Coburn
Lauridsen Gill

MASON

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Thought it was our best game. Kids and team played well. Special teams and Emery tho were horrific and reason we lost. Tonight's makes me think we will get this figured out. Put Vinny with G and keep Schenn at center

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
The Good: Strong forecheck, good energy. You wouldn't have been able to tell they played the day before. Raffl and McGinn looked good, def didn't look out of place. B.Schenn looked pretty decent out there.

The Bad: Giroux can't handle the puck at all lately. PK got worked hard by a skilled DET PP. Emery.

The Ugly: Timonen. He needs to stop worrying about trying to get G going, and shoot the puck or get it to someone else. That last PP of the game was the nail in the coffin. I'm not really sure what Kimmo brings to the table anymore now that Streit is here. Kimmo lost another step, on top of the step he lost last year. No penalties tonight, but lots in the previous 5 games. I was actually kinda pissed that he was resigned for 6m. I was hoping for 4-4.5m.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad