Post-Game Talk: Sat., Oct. 12 2013|Flyers 2 at Red Wings 5

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
You guys blaming Emery for the second goal? Looked like a good shot to me.

Kind of sad how much better than Hartnell McGinn looked.

Raffl should play up here from now on

Datsyuk whips a backhander through a screen that misses the forward's legs and Luke's by a miracle, and that's Emery's fault? Not.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
More annoyed after tonight than any other game this year. 5-on-5 they looked like the better team. Hopefully it's a sign that they're turning things around and also that the new guys in the lineup can contribute over a full season.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Lost because we got dominated at special teams and face-offs.

As far as my other comments. Gustafsson, McGinn, and Raffl's play just goes to show how Pejorative Slured our management/coaching is/was since we've been saying since the beginning to call them up. Or at least I have.

I also see the team is doing it's best to maintain it's absolutely ridiculous 21 PIM per game average.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Kimmo is the leader people say he is he will voluntarily step down from the top PP unit and make it easy for a new coach to do what needs to be done.

bungle

Casual Observer
Jan 20, 2006
LA
Good: Energy and effort
Bad: Timonen. Emery
Ugly: Newbury. Bush league move.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Good: 5v5 play, McGinn, Raffl, Gus, Giroux had some jump in his step after McGinn's goal.
Bad: Timonen has lost a step, Emery isn't good.
Ugly: Couturier with the puck on his stick.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Gus and Mcginn belong on this roster full time.

Schenn again the lowest toi on the ice. JVR 2 more goals......how bad is this trade looking.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
My player ratings, out of 10 and completely arbitrary:

Voracek (6.5) Giroux (7.0) McGinn (6.5)
Raffl (8.5) Schenn (9.0) Simmons (7.0)
Talbot (6.0) Couturier (5.5) Read (7.0)
Rinaldo (6.0) Newbury (5.0) Hall (5.0)

Coburn (5.0) Grossman (7.0)
Timonen (5.0) Gustafsson (8.0)
Schenn (8.5) Streit (5.5)

Emery (7.5)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Forwards all looked pretty good but specifically Schenn, Simmer, Raffle and McGinn. Schenn in particular was beasting it and lead the team with 7 shots. D overall was good today too, specifically Gus. A couple bad shifts for the Coburn and Gross combo but that's it. Kimmo passing up that wide open shot is completely mind boggling. Emery was pretty bad bad.

Overall I thought the Flyers played their best game of the season and deserved better (at least a point).

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
The good: Gus, B Schenn, and Mcginn,

The bad: PK, vorachek, and simmonds

The ugly: PP, Coburn, and Emery was absolutely terrible.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I don't see how they can justify keeping Timonen on the first PP unit. Something obviously needs to change and after that abomination of a play in a one goal game, it should be him. Switch him with Streit or put Read there.

Refs were bad, but realistically more PP chances wasn't going to do anything for this team.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
I think this is the best our team has looked this year, hopefully we will start winning soon.

Kimmo and Couts were horrible this game.

Guss, Schenn and Read were outstanding.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Again, why did we waste 5 games with mez and Talbot on the third line, and trying to sign Cleary when we had good cheap players with energy sitting right here? So frustrating

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Gus and Mcginn belong on this roster full time.

Schenn again the lowest toi on the ice. JVR 2 more goals......how bad is this trade looking.

In his defense, he hasn't played bad. He had a slow start last season, hopefully it's just a matter of time until he turns it up again. He and Gus were great together at the end of last season, I would like to see them reunited and Schenn given more ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad