Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
David Green, 6'1 Dman Sarnia's first 5th rounder. Had 41 points in 46 games for the Malboros.

Second is a goalie. Karsen Chartier. 6'2

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
David Green-

The perfect two-way defenseman, David Green has been rising in the shadows and really has not been talked about enough. Green sees himself as more of a Miro Heiskanen type of player, due to his amazing defensive and offensive tendencies. Green is great at putting opponents in tricky situations where they will choke up the puck, and is an amazing puck mover. Green is also featured on the teams power play, where he can jump up and move the puck extremely well to generate offense. Green’s offensive prowess, such as his great first pass out of the zone or his amazing shot, which he uses to his advantage, is what helped him lead his team in defensive scoring over the regular season. Green is a smart young player, and takes both his schooling and hockey very seriously, and is constantly working hard both on and off the ice. Green feels very confident about the 2022 OHL draft as his pure skill and ability to control the opposition has really turned heads this season. Green is currently working on his skating, as well as the other smaller aspects of his game, which will help him be even more of a reliable top 4 defenseman in the OHL for years to come.

Reactions: aresknights

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I’m fine with Seca taking a couple chances on Americans now that round 5 is over.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Dakado Rhéaume- Mullen 5’10 160. Detroit honeybaked.

The son of the first woman to play in the NHL, Manon Rhéaume, left shooting defenseman Dakoda Rhéaume-Mullen is one of the top American defensive prospects available in the 2022 OHL draft. He is an excellent skater who moves very smoothly up and down the ice. He has a heavy shot that has great accuracy, and also brings an acute level of patience to his game. He makes a great first pass, and can drive a game on his IQ alone. He has exceptional vision, and he is known to utilize his teammates and can make the surrounding players better. Rhéaume-Mullen is described as a great young man, and is seen as a player who is on that short list of players who can make the step to the next level. OHL wise, Rhéaume-Mullen could become a very effective player on the back end, who can drive the play from the blue line, helping turn defense into offense and setting up his teammates. Rhéaume-Mullen is most definitely a player that teams should be targeting with the draft coming up next year, because he could eventually turn into a difference maker because hockey is simply something that runs in his blood.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Lukas Fischer- D 6’2 165 Detroit compuware

The son of former Detroit Red Wing Defenseman, Jiri Fischer, left shooting defender, Lukas Fischer, has had exposure to hockey since day one. Fischer is known amongst the American teams as a player who makes it extremely difficult to play against, and is one of the fastest players in the league. He plays very heavy on the puck, and has a very strong shot to boot. He is a very quiet, polite, well mannered, happy go-lucky player who is known to simply go with the flow. He could always benefit from working more on his game away from the puck. Fischer loves the game and plays with a passion. He is very dedicated to his craft, but cares too much in some moments, which can lead to frustration and trying too much. For the 2022 OHL draft, Fischer is regarded as one of the higher end picks amongst the American players, where he could find himself developing into a good offensive styled defender, and possibly a more two-way styled player as well. Fischer is one of the few players that many coaches will bring up as a guy that they will watch out for on a nightly basis, and for good reason. Fischer is a top prospect, and should be finding himself on every scouts radar going into next season.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hockey Prospect had 9 of our guys ranked in their top 118. Obviously doesn't mean a ton but sounds like we got some good value in guys like Centre, Hall (RD4), Dman, Green (RD5), Dman, Omeri (RD8), and Centre Cameron fries (RD9) & everyone seems to have liked our first 3 picks

I like the size & traits of a lot of the guys. Most of the Fs were described as scorers, skilled guys & Campbell, Green, Omeri on D all look like fantastic skaters. Think your seeing how they want their D to play with Daviault, Thomas last yr & these guys today. All great skating, good passing D.

Look forward to rookie camp to see some of them. Training camp should be quite a battle too.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
The neutral zone (scouting service) was live streaming during the draft & they were very complimentary of Sarnia's draft. Said they were among the best if not did the best day one. They love the upside of all 3 guys & think Doherty, Campbell should've went higher.

Day two they absolutely loved the Green & Omeri picks. Said Green played behind Dickinson (top D taken) but they thought many nights he was better than Dickinson. Think he has a ton of upside. Guess he hits real hard too, but put up real solid numbers. Omeri apparently is maybe the fastest D in the draft. They were stunned he fell to the 8th (prospect had him 73rd too) & think he could be a real good Dman.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Seems like Sarnia had a good draft.... I love the size of the players we drafted. Big and fast. I didn't pay attention at all this year really. Let's hope for good things next year.

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Seems like Sarnia had a good draft.... I love the size of the players we drafted. Big and fast. I didn't pay attention at all this year really. Let's hope for good things next year.
Definitely sounds like Seca & Co had a good one. You chose the right year to skip lmao. They *should* have a good team next year. key word being should.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I have truly never seen a team worse at hitting the net than this sting team. It's baffling. Especially from the point. Windsor gives a ton of space at the top & we ALWAYS shoot high & wide. not even in range for a tip/deflection. Add that in with their refusal to shoot & it's why we have averaged like 22 a game the last 15 games.

Fortunate that its only 1-0.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
👀 Best period they've played in Windsor so far. Spits are gonna be coming this period so the boys gotta be ready. See if they can get this thing back here for game 6!

Reactions: YAhockeyfan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
These boys are giving it everything they have. What a gruelling game. Blocking so many shots, taking so many hits. Don't matter the outcome they have surpassed me expectations in this series by a ton. See if we can take it in OT.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
This extremely young inexperienced team has gained so much experience from this series, and if they lose in OT tonight they should be pumped and fired up to get started next season with pretty much the entire team coming back except 2 players. They will be faster, stronger and have a hell of a lot more experience going into next season and with Martone and hopefully a big impact import player they should be bigger and more skilled. Win or lose Good effort tonight!

Dougie Daryl Clark

Nov 21, 2021
Well I'll be damned, an OT playoff win on the road!
Gaudreau has certainly proven he is a special player in this series.
Voit comes through in the clutch as a top guy should and MacDonell w the apple. Just having him on the ice shows how far he has come and the big time confidence Letang has in him. Degurse can certainly score (but not much else) but definitely timely. D solid as well. This series is fun!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Ben Freaking Gaudreau man. 43 of 45. They were under siege that entire 3rd period & early OT. He is far & away the best goalie we've ever had. A legitimate game changer. This team should be one to be messed with next season. Some of these kids can flat out play & this defence is putting on a clinic vs Windsor's best guys & all will be back next yr

We've been hard on him but Voit now has 6 points in 5 games, the same as Johnston. He's finding a way despite his lack of size. Can't forget we are missing our leading scorer too. MacDonell & Filak are absolute beauties. Those 2 are relentless. I thought Namestnikov had a helluva game too.

It would be totally Sarnia to get a big crowd tomorrow & get blown out but they've hung with these guys. Obviously been out played but each game we've stayed close, hung around. Did not see it coming at all. Onto game 6!

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ben Freaking Gaudreau man. 43 of 45. They were under siege that entire 3rd period & early OT. He is far & away the best goalie we've ever had. A legitimate game changer. This team should be one to be messed with next season. Some of these kids can flat out play & this defence is putting on a clinic vs Windsor's best guys & all will be back next yr

We've been hard on him but Voit now has 6 points in 5 games, the same as Johnston. He's finding a way despite his lack of size. Can't forget we are missing our leading scorer too. MacDonell & Filak are absolute beauties. Those 2 are relentless. I thought Namestnikov had a helluva game too.

It would be totally Sarnia to get a big crowd tomorrow & get blown out but they've hung with these guys. Obviously been out played but each game we've stayed close, hung around. Did not see it coming at all. Onto game 6!
It’s nice knowing our entire roster except Degurse and 1 OA will be back next season. The guys on this roster especially the younger guys will be alot stronger and abit faster next season. Sooo much more experienced and the roster will be older. Then you add Martone who’s a big complete player, and hopefully a skilled big import and this team should be very good. Letang will be in his second year with the club and with these players so the standard and expectations should be set from the start of the season.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
I give Sarnia credit, they don't give up and play hard. I felt they were definitely fortunate to somehow win this game though. The Spits hit 6 posts, doubled Sarnia in shots and tripled them in Grade A scoring chances. I feel if the Spits play the same way and dominate most of the play they will win game 6 by several goals. Regardless, Sarnia definitely plays hard and deserves accolades for not giving up and having probably the best goalie in the OHL.

Reactions: Section 103

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Seca breaks down almost all the picks. Definitely sounds excited. Like that he said they prioritized size, skill. Honestly sounds like 5 or 6 of the guys will push for a spot which makes camp even more interesting/intense for the guys. Gonna have to earn a spot on the roster which I love cause it gets them playing hard, intense right away.

This is a draft that could really shape up the defence for years to come. Campbell, Green, Omeri, O'Toole all sound promising then 2 good USA guys if they can get one over eventually. Loving how their higher F picks all have a scoring touch to go with great speed. Very good day for the Sting on & off the ice!

Reactions: SarniaStingFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad