Sarnia Sting 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Interesting. Wonder why that popped up randomly. Hopefully with NCAA being uncertain about playing if the OHL starts he will come are way.

Would add another impact player that would probably push being point per game or better.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Interesting. Wonder why that popped up randomly. Hopefully with NCAA being uncertain about playing if the OHL starts he will come are way.

Would add another impact player that would probably push being point per game or better.

Maybe they just picked up the Post Media story because it involved a Sarnia Sting draft pick.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I would imagine in the end, the Flames will direct Nodler on where they want him to play. At this point in time you would think having him play in Sarnia would be better for his development and safer for his health. With the way the states have handled Covid, this plays heavily in our favor. Time will tell.

Reactions: The Howler

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
Over on the Knights offseason forum somebody mentioned that they heard no OHL hockey until January at the earliest. Wonder how the season would look at that point, if they play a full season, slightly condensed or even half a year?

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020
Forgetting about the pandemic and all that comes with that for just a minute does the fact that all the signings so far have been forwards (3 from priority selection, 1 from import draft) give anyone any cause for concern. I assume any short comings in defense will attempt to be addressed via trades?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I find it hard to believe we start in SEP/OCT. Especially with American teans in the league. I'd guess we start around DEC/JAN.

Reactions: sbpointer

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I find it hard to believe we start in SEP/OCT. Especially with American teans in the league. I'd guess we start around DEC/JAN.

Josh Brown of the Kitchener Record said in an article a couple of days ago, "Teams have been told that the league has models to start in and around Oct. 1, Nov. 1, Dec. 1 and Jan. 1, depending on where the pandemic is at."

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Just a thought but American teams could play games in Canadian markets this year. They could share arenas with other OHL teams or play in markets that have been suggested for relocation of OHL teams recently. (I.E. Brantford)

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Just a thought but American teams could play games in Canadian markets this year. They could share arenas with other OHL teams or play in markets that have been suggested for relocation of OHL teams recently. (I.E. Brantford)
Don’t think that’d be financially feasible given the cost of housing players and staff.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Don’t think that’d be financially feasible given the cost of housing players and staff.

Then you have to ask yourself what do you do with the players on American teams. Do you have a distrubtion draft as Generals Live suggested here in this poll:

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Then you have to ask yourself what do you do with the players on American teams. Do you have a distrubtion draft as Generals Live suggested here in this poll:

No. That’s silly.
There won’t be an OHL season. Prepare yourself. Borders need to open and fans need to be allowed in the seats - it’s a league that depends on ticket revenue

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Josh Brown of the Kitchener Record said in an article a couple of days ago, "Teams have been told that the league has models to start in and around Oct. 1, Nov. 1, Dec. 1 and Jan. 1, depending on where the pandemic is at."

I find it hard to get into ohl hockey when we still have summer like weather.They should start the season Oct 1 if things ever get back to normal.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
No. That’s silly.
There won’t be an OHL season. Prepare yourself. Borders need to open and fans need to be allowed in the seats - it’s a league that depends on ticket revenue

There is a possibilty that even with the border opening some NCAA sports programs may be moved to Spring or cancelled for the season. It may sway the hockey commits to choose the ohl instead.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I read on twitter that the AHL isn't starting the season until at least Dec 1st at the earliest. If that is true, i highly doubt we see the OHL start before then.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019

Where were some of the relocation cities? Rinks available that hold 5,000?

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I read on twitter that the AHL isn't starting the season until at least Dec 1st at the earliest. If that is true, i highly doubt we see the OHL start before then.
The AHL is made up of many American teams, creating their issue! Move the 3 US OHL teams to play in Canada. By late October, if things keep progressing the way they are, a decent percentage of fans will be able to attend.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Where were some of the relocation cities? Rinks available that hold 5,000?
Doesn’t have to hold 5000. Doubtful they’ll allow that many in attendance. It’s not going to be perfect if it gets put together but it’ll be better than nothing! University teams usually have a decent sized rink nearby some student housing. Just a thought

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Doesn’t have to hold 5000. Doubtful they’ll allow that many in attendance. It’s not going to be perfect if it gets put together but it’ll be better than nothing! University teams usually have a decent sized rink nearby some student housing. Just a thought
Use the old sarnia arena for one location. Chathams arena for another. Get around 2000 in each I assume, I’m sure there is another one similar in Niagara’s region for Erie. The old ice dogs arena comes to mind.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Use the old sarnia arena for one location. Chathams arena for another. Get around 2000 in each I assume, I’m sure there is another one similar in Niagara’s region for Erie. The old ice dogs arena comes to mind.
There is definitely a few options! Do you want focus on bigger centres or areas with low covid numbers. Still a few months of flattening the curve and any other scientific developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad