Sarnia Sting 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
32 reasons why a player deserves an NTDP camp try out? who writes that objectively? You would have to be paid to come up with 32 reasons why anyone would deserve a camp incite anywhere!

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
What 2 defenceman do you think or hope they sign?
Mitch Miller & Case McCarthy are the best 2 dmen in Sarnia's system. Miller more of an offensive guy while McCarthy is a bigger 2Way dman. Both would he HUGE. Expect import pick to be a puck moving dman.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Mitch Miller & Case McCarthy are the best 2 dmen in Sarnia's system. Miller more of an offensive guy while McCarthy is a bigger 2Way dman. Both would he HUGE. Expect import pick to be a puck moving dman.
Both would have to get out of there commitments to extremely good hockey colleges.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I know we have a solid number of Sting fans who read the OHL Collective . We are doing this on the OHL collective for a while starting today!

Reactions: robp1219

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ty voit was selected in the 1st round 9th overall in the USHL draft to Cedar Rapids, I hope he signs with the sting. Tarasevich went in the 3rd round and Mast went in the 5th.

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Hope this isn't true. Sinclair was confident they'd sign him after the draft. He & his family attended rookie camp and people seemed to be confident he liked what Sarnia had to offer. Little bit of a project but when he is older i think he could be a big point producer

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Hope this isn't true. Sinclair was confident they'd sign him after the draft. He & his family attended rookie camp and people seemed to be confident he liked what Sarnia had to offer. Little bit of a project but when he is older i think he could be a big point producer

That would definitely suck, not a big indication but the kid definitely seems interested in sarnia based on his social media profile pics.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Really hope we sign Voit. He is going to be a big time point guy in this league in a few years.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Really hope we sign Voit. He is going to be a big time point guy in this league in a few years.

Fan and loyal follower of Cedar Rapids. Had a OHL/USHL scout tell me Cedar Rapids did their homework in Voit and doesn't believe he will sign with Sarnia. Granted he could be telling me what I want to hear as he was the 1st round Futures pick. Wherever Voit goes, I have been told he needs to put on weight and strength.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Some buzz about Sarnia getting Mason McTavish. Petes took him 5th overall and he (to this point) is refusing to go. Before the draft there was rumours he wanted Sarnia. He isn't allowed to be traded until September tho (i think)

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Some buzz about Sarnia getting Mason McTavish. Petes took him 5th overall and he (to this point) is refusing to go. Before the draft there was rumours he wanted Sarnia. He isn't allowed to be traded until September tho (i think)
What's it going to take to get him? If memory serves me correct, it took London like 7 draft picks and 4 second round picks to get Mete .... I'd be all for getting McTavish tho.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
McTavish is slow...be careful what you are prepared to give up for him. He played in a watered down league in Ottawa. Did not fair that well in any tourneys against the big teams. Basic player for Team Ontario with a ton of powerplay time. Below average at the OHL Gold Cup. I don't think his game will transition that well against faster, solid skaters like that in the OHL.

If you want to go fishing them set a cast for Wyatt Johnston. Albeit not the biggest or toughest kid I've ever seen, he is a much better skater and has elite hockey IQ. Very good passer with some finishing that doesn't come as well hyped as McTavish but is probably better. If McTavish was as good as marketed he would already be traded....he simply is not. He is good....but he is not great.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Got it....didn’t know that so thanks. Still think more value in Johnston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes