Sarnia Sting 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
NHL Draft coming up in a few days. Have seen several people talking about Rees getting selected within the last couple picks in the 1st round. I see that as a huge stretch however that would bring a lot of good attention to Sarnia this year. Has anybody heard if McGregor is re-entering the draft this year?

mkraayen

Mar 7, 2011
NHL Draft coming up in a few days. Have seen several people talking about Rees getting selected within the last couple picks in the 1st round. I see that as a huge stretch however that would bring a lot of good attention to Sarnia this year. Has anybody heard if McGregor is re-entering the draft this year?
McGregor does "re-enter" the draft since he went unsigned by the Leafs. Just a matter of if a team chooses to select him.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Congrats to Rees on being picked in the 2nd round 44th overall by the Hurricanes! Be nice to see another sting get drafted in the 6th or 7th round.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Was a bit surprised that Reesor wasn't taken in the later rounds of the draft. I really think he's got the potential to go pro. Everything is there, just needs to work on the skating but that can be taught.

Maddangler

Nov 25, 2018
Was a bit surprised that Reesor wasn't taken in the later rounds of the draft. I really think he's got the potential to go pro. Everything is there, just needs to work on the skating but that can be taught.
I can see him, Guy and possibly even Langevin going next year if they have strong seasons. Perrault is a definite lock and I think Saye could garner some interest as well. Time will tell.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Will Reddick who played with the Legionnaires last season has signed with the Collingwood Colts of the OJHL. Another kid I thought might have a chance at cracking the line up this year.

mkraayen

Mar 7, 2011
Big kid that skates well. Probably spends the year with the Legionnaires then comes up at the end much like Reesor. He also had American interest so good to get this done now.
I don't believe American 16 year olds can play GOJHL. I think its OHL or USA league (HPHL).

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Logic says a puck moving Dman and hopefully a bigger scoring Forward. Could really use either
Elite Puck moving dman is definitely number one priority, and yes a bigger offensive forward to replace the departure of ruzicka and Hugo

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Mcgregor and Guy off to Columbus training camp, looks promising that we will get our captain back ... Hugo got invited to Winnipeg’s camp and Fazio will be at the predators camp, good for them.

Reactions: Maddangler

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
American picks usually are NCAA commitments.No way he turns down college hockey to come here & not play.

He isn't committed to any US school, nor has he been offered a spot on the USNDT. He will be in Sarnia this coming season.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
He isn't committed to any US school, nor has he been offered a spot on the USNDT. He will be in Sarnia this coming season.
I’d assume he will be with the sting as 6 or 7 dman... they should really move Hogue for a draft pick to make room for him and kenette. But he could also play another year of AAA in the states like hatcher did when he was 16.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
He missed most of last season with an injury but when he played he was very good. From what I've read huge dman, skates well, great wrist shot from the point & has a lot of physical tools to work with.
Better report and better not be a band aid! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad