Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Ben Gaudreau invited to the U17 tournament that takes place NOV 2nd to NOV 9th. I'm obviously pumped for him but seriously? Kid misses 2 months & we get him for 1, maybe 2 weeks then he is off to a tournament lol.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ben Gaudreau invited to the U17 tournament that takes place NOV 2nd to NOV 9th. I'm obviously pumped for him but seriously? Kid misses 2 months & we get him for 1, maybe 2 weeks then he is off to a tournament lol.
Better not get hurt in that tournament like he did in the summer

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Must admit seeing Billy Constantinou moved today for a 3rd + two 4ths sort of annoys me. He is exactly what we need. 2001 born Dman that skates really well, excels at moving the puck & runs the PP. Another guy that isn't a stud defensively but we coulda ran

Reesor-Hjorth
Kammerer-Constantinou
Hatcher-Mast

Would of been pretty solid. Not that i hate the Roth pickup but we could of gotten an '01 Dman over a '00 F without giving up a 2nd.

Oh well maybe improve our chance of getting our first win With Billy traded.lol

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
robp1219 and Lazyboy - get those picks in before puck drop tonight for at least tonights game.

juniorguru

Sep 26, 2019
Hi guys, does anyone have an update on McGregor's injury? Is he expected to be back in the line-up any time soon?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hi guys, does anyone have an update on McGregor's injury? Is he expected to be back in the line-up any time soon?
He is getting closer. Been skating. Not sure if he is ready this weekend (find out tonight!) But he should be back in the next 1-3 weeks, thankfully

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Rees needs to come out and have a HUGE game for this team after that selfish/bonehead play that left his teammates hanging for 3 weeks... kid is suppose to be a leader for the rest of the team. If the coaching staff did not address that play and actions heavily he will do it again and if he does I say ship him out of town.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Rees needs to come out and have a HUGE game for this team after that selfish/bonehead play that left his teammates hanging for 3 weeks... kid is suppose to be a leader for the rest of the team. If the coaching staff did not address that play and actions heavily he will do it again and if he does I say ship him out of town.
I’m guessing he will try TOO hard to be a hero and he likely will be relatively ineffective tonight.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Barrie posted the lines and McGregor and Reesor are still out. Dekoning starting in Barrie tonight

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I’m guessing he will try TOO hard to be a hero and he likely will be relatively ineffective tonight.
He needs to learn that instead of trying to skate end to end without passing he should use some of that energy to get in hard on the forecheck, hustle for loose pucks, drive the net, back check etc. And use his wingers more and skate to get open for a shot or go to the net for a rebound

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gaudreau gets the start tonight! See how he looks. Gotta expect some rust as he hasn't played a game since May.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
11 for 11 so far for gaudreau, Looks like another slow start for the sting , unless they are just letting gaudreau get warmed up lol

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Good goalies like lots of work. He’s in a good rhythm. Just have to avoid too many breakaways and bad giveaways.

deeferg

Oct 17, 2019
Late 2nd period goal. Nice banging away on the PP beside the net. And then bang, Rees while I'm typing this! Wow, great late 2nd period surge guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad