Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Man I'm excited to get back to the rink! Will anyone being taking in any scrimmages during camp? I'll be taking in the black and white game and will post some thoughts the next day, but if anyone is going Tuesday any insight would be great.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Legionnaire Exibition Schedule
2 Games at the Hive
  • Monday August 26, 7:30 vs Komoka Kings, at Progressive Auto Sales Arena
  • Tuesday August 27 7:00 in St.Thomas
  • Thursday August 29, 7:00 vs St.Thomas Stars at Progressive Auto Sales Arena

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Going back to the goaltending situation, in Oshawa, Hughes is the only tender with any significant OHL experience on their preseason roster. Perhaps an opportunity to trade our 3rd man out to them?
(Perhaps the wine talking!!!).

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
A couple of Sting prospects get mentioned here -

OHL Prospects: Sunday Top 10 - Unheralded Rookies Who Could Make an Impact in 2019-2020

I would expect that Kennette might have a good shot of making the team as he impressed last year with the Legionnaires .
He has the right tools for the kind of game the Sting are built for .
I'm a fan of Kennette but I'm not sure where he fits.. Hatcher, Kammerer, Reesor, Dillingham, Hjorth, Jakovljevic is probably the top-6. Hogue has his issues but as of now he is on the team and would play games. Plus Ryan Mast who i bet sees games throughout the year.

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
I'm a fan of Kennette but I'm not sure where he fits.. Hatcher, Kammerer, Reesor, Dillingham, Hjorth, Jakovljevic is probably the top-6. Hogue has his issues but as of now he is on the team and would play games. Plus Ryan Mast who i bet sees games throughout the year.

I think that Hjorth , Hatcher , Kammerer , and Reesor ( and Grima if somehow he ends up back on the team ) are locks but I believe there will be a competition for the remaining jobs .
In regards to Hogue it’s not even clear whether Hatcher wants him to play defence or forward . Would not surprise me to see Hatcher do what he did with Franco and convert him to a full time forward as Hogue does have good offensive skills .
Size is definitely an issue like it was for Franco .
So far he hasn’t demonstrated that he can defend against high end OHL talent but he has shown that he can produce on the power play when given a chance .

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Just for fun here’s what a possible depth chart could look like for the Upcoming season ( assumes McGregor , Josling , and Hatcher all return )

Berka - McGregor - Josling

Guy - Rees - Perrault

Tabak - Bitten - O Donnell

4th line competition:

Saye - Burke - Hill - McCombs - Degurse - Dann - Hogue

Defence -

Hatcher - Hjorth

Reesor - Kammerer

Competition

Jakov - Dillingham - Kennette - Hogue - Mast

Goalies - Langevin - Gaudreau

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Does anyone know what the jerseys are going to look like this year? Retro or a new look? I do not like the current white jerseys

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I think that Hjorth , Hatcher , Kammerer , and Reesor ( and Grima if somehow he ends up back on the team ) are locks but I believe there will be a competition for the remaining jobs .
In regards to Hogue it’s not even clear whether Hatcher wants him to play defence or forward . Would not surprise me to see Hatcher do what he did with Franco and convert him to a full time forward as Hogue does have good offensive skills .
Size is definitely an issue like it was for Franco .
So far he hasn’t demonstrated that he can defend against high end OHL talent but he has shown that he can produce on the power play when given a chance .
I think Dillingham is a near lock. Obviously guys could have improved but he showed alot of good qualities down the stretch. Jakovljevic i thought had a very solid season. Knows his role & never complains. For me Mast/Hogue/Kennette are battling to be 7th Dman. And we don't know if anything was promised to Mast regarding where he plays (American signing). If they said he'd be in Sarnia that's probably your 7 with Hogue/Kennette on the outside looking in.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Just for fun here’s what a possible depth chart could look like for the Upcoming season ( assumes McGregor , Josling , and Hatcher all return )

Berka - McGregor - Josling

Guy - Rees - Perrault

Tabak - Bitten - O Donnell

4th line competition:

Saye - Burke - Hill - McCombs - Degurse - Dann - Hogue

Defence -

Hatcher - Hjorth

Reesor - Kammerer

Competition

Jakov - Dillingham - Kennette - Hogue - Mast

Goalies - Langevin - Gaudreau
Be really intrigued to see who centers the 3rd line. Could be Tabak, O'Donnell, Berka or Bitten. On line 4 it is gunna be a huge dog fight. I could see any of the guys you listed being on it but I'd go with Burke-Hill-DeGurse. Saye 13th F. I like McCombs but i could see him being odd man out. Dann spends a yr developing.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
How do you guys see the OA situation playing out in Sarnia?

From the looks of the depth charts, it seems like Josling, McGregor, and Hatcher are the most likely candidates.

Grima and Martin are both pretty solid players that should be able to fetch a return in a trade. There's always a market for a veteran blueliner that can pass well and a gritty winger that could chip in with 15-20 goals.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I don't think I can remember a year when there are so many players who should be on the team that will be left off the team. It's going to make for some unhappy players.

I think Jackovljevic is a very interesting topic. I know the Sting have used him at forward and I think that's a waste. He is a defensemen and a big one at that...leave him there. Hogue is a different story because of his offensive abilities. I'm wondering if Jacko could be our next Kevin Spinozzi? Have a good 19 yo season then become a rock solid OA for next year. As of right now, Jacko and Bitten would be our 2 OA's for next year. I'd keep a close eye on what Jacko does the first half. If he is holding expectations then we keep him, if not then there's no point plugging up a roster spot on a player who wont be back as an OA.

Another player that should be on thin ice is Tabak. I haven't been a fan of his game. When we traded him for Ruzicka it was like we traded for the same player but with less offensive skill. Hopefully he had a good summer but if he doesn't show up in a big way this season then let one of our other young prospects get in the line up.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
How do you guys see the OA situation playing out in Sarnia?

From the looks of the depth charts, it seems like Josling, McGregor, and Hatcher are the most likely candidates.

Grima and Martin are both pretty solid players that should be able to fetch a return in a trade. There's always a market for a veteran blueliner that can pass well and a gritty winger that could chip in with 15-20 goals.

If you asked any FAN, then it's Mcgregor, Josling and Hatcher without a doubt.

I think it will depend on how the team is shaping up after the first few months. Knowing that you have a few OA's who other teams would LOVE to have on their roster is in the Sting's favor. McGregor alone would be one of the most sought after OA's in the league this year. The option to deal at the trade deadline is there. But the Sting have said they want to be a team that stays consistently competitive year in and year out. It will be interesting for sure.

Reactions: Fischhaber

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I don't think I can remember a year when there are so many players who should be on the team that will be left off the team. It's going to make for some unhappy players.

I think Jackovljevic is a very interesting topic. I know the Sting have used him at forward and I think that's a waste. He is a defensemen and a big one at that...leave him there. Hogue is a different story because of his offensive abilities. I'm wondering if Jacko could be our next Kevin Spinozzi? Have a good 19 yo season then become a rock solid OA for next year. As of right now, Jacko and Bitten would be our 2 OA's for next year. I'd keep a close eye on what Jacko does the first half. If he is holding expectations then we keep him, if not then there's no point plugging up a roster spot on a player who wont be back as an OA.

Another player that should be on thin ice is Tabak. I haven't been a fan of his game. When we traded him for Ruzicka it was like we traded for the same player but with less offensive skill. Hopefully he had a good summer but if he doesn't show up in a big way this season then let one of our other young prospects get in the line up.
I don’t think jacko will be anywhere close to spinozzi offensively, just watching the two players aside from stats shows a big talent difference

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Tabak is a very late 2001 born player with great size. He’s looked pretty good at wolves camps when playing against kids his age. I’d be patient; there’s a pretty good chance of an age 19 break out, imo.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I don’t think jacko will be anywhere close to spinozzi offensively, just watching the two players aside from stats shows a big talent difference

Spinozzi didn't come into his own until his 18/19 yo season. He has had a whole lot more OHL games under his belt with Jacko going in the U-18 draft. Hard to compare at this point. See what Jacko can do this year but I don't think it's out of reach for him to find success the way Spinner did his last 2 seasons.

Last edited:

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
LWsCRW LDRD G
Samuel Bitten Ryan McGregorJacob Perreault Kelton HatcherEric Hjorth Ethan Langevin
Marek BerkaJamieson ReesSean Josling Ashton ReesorColton Kammerer Cameron Lamour
Anthony Tabak Theo HillBrayden Guy Alexandre HougeNolan Dillingham-Morelli
Ben Gaudreau
Nolan Burke Justin O'DonnellJustin McCombs Deven NagraNick Grima Ethan Robertson
Nolan DeGurseBen DiamondOwen Saye Ryan Mast Curtis Boothe
Nolan Dann Troy Andrews Brendan Kennette
Luca Rea Calvin Martin Nikolas Vanclief
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RED=OA ONLY 3 can stay BOLDed is what i thnk
Orange = U18 draft
Yellow = Players looking for a spot
Purple is newly traded or go in a trade
Blue = Signed
Pink - Import
Lime green - spot in jepordry , COuld be traded or released

Singed last season but didnt play ohl - Dark BLue
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LEt me know what you think

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Spinozzi didn't come into his own until his 18/19 yo season. He has had a whole lot more OHL games under his belt with Jacko going in the U-18 draft. Hard to compare at this point. See what Jacko can do this year but I don't think it's out of reach for him to find success the way Spinner did his last 2 seasons.
Ya but based on watching both play, spinozzi has more natural skill, I think marko is more like Josh Chapman , tough stay at home dman and there’s nothing wrong with that

Reactions: Texcanuck

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
LWsCRWLDRDG
Samuel Bitten Ryan McGregorJacob PerreaultKelton HatcherEric HjorthEthan Langevin
Marek BerkaJamieson ReesSean JoslingAshton ReesorColton KammererCameron Lamour
Anthony Tabak Theo HillBrayden Guy Alexandre HougeNolan Dillingham-MorelliBen Gaudreau
Nolan Burke Justin O'DonnellJustin McCombs Deven NagraNick GrimaEthan Robertson
Nolan DeGurseBen DiamondOwen SayeRyan MastCurtis Boothe
Nolan DannTroy AndrewsBrendan Kennette
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Orange = U18 draft
Blue = Signed
Pink - Import

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Some guys that are already signed that aren’t on your depth chart

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
LWsCRW LDRD G
Samuel Bitten Ryan McGregorJacob Perreault Kelton HatcherEric Hjorth Ethan Langevin
Marek BerkaJamieson ReesSean Josling Ashton ReesorColton Kammerer Cameron Lamour
Anthony Tabak Theo HillBrayden Guy Alexandre HougeNolan Dillingham-MorelliBen Gaudreau
Nolan Burke Justin O'DonnellJustin McCombs Deven NagraNick Grima Ethan Robertson
Nolan DeGurseBen DiamondOwen Saye Ryan Mast Curtis Boothe
Nolan Dann Troy Andrews Brendan Kennette
Luca Rea Calvin MArtin Nikolas Vanclief
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

There it's due too LEft and Right shot D

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Luca Rea would be a MASSIVE long shot to get a spot on this team. I don't see him anywhere in the conversation for a spot this year. Especially being an 8th round pick.

Reactions: robp1219

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
LWsCRWLDRDG
Samuel Bitten Ryan McGregorJacob PerreaultKelton HatcherEric HjorthEthan Langevin
Marek BerkaJamieson ReesSean JoslingAshton ReesorColton KammererCameron Lamour
Nolan Burke Justin O'DonnellJustin McCombs Deven NagraNick GrimaEthan Robertson
Nolan DeGurseBen DiamondOwen SayeRyan MastCurtis Boothe
Nolan DannTroy AndrewsBrendan Kennette
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Orange = U18 draft
Blue = Signed
Pink - Import

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

No Jako on your defense list. He’s likely number 4or 5 defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->