Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I guess Ottawa did $2 beers last night. Sarnia can’t even do that right. I did the math on the $5 ($5.65) beers (12oz cans) and in the end you save under a dollar compared to a 16oz tall boy at regular price. But hey, thanks for the extra .80 cents in my pocket!

Reactions: davewheeler

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
I understand that in desperation we make trades but omg, can we find a centre who can win a face-off. I don't care what you say, Tabak is not a centre... he's draw success is horrid, he is slow and makes the occasional good play... occasional is not good enough in this league He is third or four line at best. Bitten wanted more ice time to prove this worth, well show up.. the ice is yours. Our play Friday was chaotic at best.. thank goodness Langevin showed up. Is another on the same page. ... I think the organization needs an entire new staff...events are tardy or misbegotten and pushing $5 beer is the only way they can generate revenue. to be frank, or bob, we are a shambles....it is not professionally run, managed or coached. Don't blame the kids... they are a product of their environment.

Everything about this organization is Mickey Mouse. It starts with the president of the organization who has been here since day 1.. and after over a quarter century of failure is still here.

2300 fans last night. That’s about 2k too many. Attendance will hit the lowest since Sarnia Arena. This organization is lucky to even have fans. Same garbage year after year and many fans will still line up and ask for more.

Reactions: dansk55

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Everything about this organization is Mickey Mouse. It starts with the president of the organization who has been here since day 1.. and after over a quarter century of failure is still here.

2300 fans last night. That’s about 2k too many. Attendance will hit the lowest since Sarnia Arena. This organization is lucky to even have fans. Same garbage year after year and many fans will still line up and ask for more.
I am not sure what you think the President of the organization has to do with the on-ice product? I am not gonna act like like I know everything about the Sarnia Sting and how they're run but, Bill Abercrombie definitely isn't to blame. He has little to nothing to do with the on-ice product.

Reactions: The Howler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I am not sure what you think the President of the organization has to do with the on-ice product? I am not gonna act like like I know everything about the Sarnia Sting and how they're run but, Bill Abercrombie definitely isn't to blame. He has little to nothing to do with the on-ice product.
Haha I know eh , I feel as though Abercrombie did something to this guy in the past

Jay86

Mar 25, 2018
Was waiting for DavePoulin to start trolling on here. Guy has nothing positive to say on here and is constantly slagging the organization, yet continues to post and comment. I think the London bandwagon is large enough for you to join there Dave. Take your money and time elsewhere. Also yes, he must have tried to return some used hockey skates to Micor Sports back in the day and got told to beat it.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Sarnia at Windsor
Langevin and Piironen are the starters
Not dressed for Sarnia are McGregor, Rees,Reesor,Mack,Dillingham and Berka.
Add for tonight's game ,Burke,Saye,and Jakovlevic.
For Windsor Luke Boka and James Jodoin are not dressed tonight.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Another example this coaching is garbage. Putting Burke and Saye in the line up over Berka. What a joke

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
so what does abercrombie do? no really, what does he do?
I’m guessing he’s the guy who has the job of being the team’s liaison with the city (how’d ya like that job?). Also Likely in charge of the restaurant, the Zamboni guys, the kids who put the nets in, possibly the broadcast team, the box office, the between-period stuff including military minutes, anthem singers. I’m sure he’s not getting rich doing it.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I’m guessing he’s the guy who has the job of being the team’s liaison with the city (how’d ya like that job?). Also Likely in charge of the restaurant, the Zamboni guys, the kids who put the nets in, possibly the broadcast team, the box office, the between-period stuff including military minutes, anthem singers. I’m sure he’s not getting rich doing it.
definition of rich?$75K

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Could of just been talking about Rees (suspension over) but interview with Josling during intermission he said "they'll both be back next week" when asked about missing McGregor & Rees.

That would be a welcomed boost to the team. They desperately need them back.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
We can't catch a break. Everytime we get back in it something stupid happens. Windsor's 5th goal hit two sting players before going in. Best effort this year I'd say from the team.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
sorry I have been out of the loop, where is Cameron Lamour? injured?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
0-7. This is just depressing. Roth 2G,1A & Hjorth 1G,2A the bright spots tonight. Maybe a road trip does the team good. Rees back next game. Onto Barrie

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Hatcher is a garbage coach, wish he would of kept Letowski as the head coach, with the rosters the sting have iced while hatcher has coached, Letowski would of done a much better job. So glad rees is coming back next game, and I hope Mcgregor and reesor are back too, defence need soooo much help from one of the best defensive forwards and penalty killers in the league in mcgregor and by farrrrr the best defensive defenceman on this team In reesor... McGregor and rees will add a tone of offence, also when the other goalies come back I’d like to see langevin sit on the bench or in the stands for a few games so he can completely forget about this 7 game losing streak . And just train and practise for a week or two then put him back in against a weaker team and get him a win, feel bad for the guy

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Langevin has let in some softies but I put ZERO percent of the blame on him. This is all on the coaching staff and poor team defence.
Totally agree. Imagine trying to keep your confidence up when every other shift there's a breakaway or an odd man rush. It's actually ridiculous how many chances we give up. We could have DiPietro in net & we may have 1 win.

Reactions: Ferda11

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
Hatcher is a garbage coach, wish he would of kept Letowski as the head coach, with the rosters the sting have iced while hatcher has coached, Letowski would of done a much better job. So glad rees is coming back next game, and I hope Mcgregor and reesor are back too, defence need soooo much help from one of the best defensive forwards and penalty killers in the league in mcgregor and by farrrrr the best defensive defenceman on this team In reesor... McGregor and rees will add a tone of offence, also when the other goalies come back I’d like to see langevin sit on the bench or in the stands for a few games so he can completely forget about this 7 game losing streak . And just train and practise for a week or two then put him back in against a weaker team and get him a win, feel bad for the guy
We will gladly give you Letowski!!
Thought your team worked hard last night and yes goalie let you down.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
We will gladly give you Letowski!!
Thought your team worked hard last night and yes goalie let you down.
Thanks but no thanks. He already had his turn here and there was no shortage of grousing then. He’s a player’s-buddy kind of coach and I’d personally prefer a stronger arm.
Our fans are tremendously loyal to Langevin, but as previous posters have stated, he needs a break. He makes some spectacular stops but his (lack of) size makes him vulnerable to snipes and rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad