Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Obviously it's all about Gaudreau after tonight but Ryan Roth with back to back 3 point games. He has made the power play look lethal. Him & Perreault have found some good chemistry.

Roth-McGregor-Perreault
Would be a lethal line i think. 2nd line of Bitten-Rees-Josling would be a very very solid L2.

we will have a lethal forward group, I also thought Kammerer’s pass was great! Roth better take him out for dinner because kammerer scored that for him

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Well....Can't see I saw that coming. I did pick the Sting to get the W last night but was not expecting that!

First off, 50 shots is never good and being outshot by 25 is concerning. BUT they did settle down in the 2nd and 3rd and were much tighter defensively. Hatcher finally just played defense and had his best game. Hjorth as well. I hope Kammerer is ok because he has been top 2 for us. Mast keeps getting better and better. Nolet was ok, he did get caught a few times and was a bit slow getting back. Still need to see our forwards getting back hard. Too many times they get caught up ice and can't get back to help the odd man rush. Thought the Sting did a good job keeping shots to the outside and taking away the shooting lanes.

Ben Gaudreau....wow. His calmness, poise, positioning...everything he did just seemed so professional. I'm not sure what else to say that hasn't been said by everyone on here, just a sensational debut!!

Does Sarnia go back to Gaudreau tonight? Most would say no, don't over due it. Keeping in mind he's 16, was off for so long etc. BUT this is the Sarnia Sting and we all know our coach and it would not surprise me one bit to see him in again tonight and Sunday. We shall see.

Let's just get the team defense to come together and get everyone back healthy and there is some hope here. I still believe this group has enough talent when completely healthy to compete and win against any team in the league. Let's see what the win last night does going forward.

Reactions: massey

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Only one game but wow Gaudreau looks like the real deal. I would sit him and put him back sunday. He is 16 and I am sure he knows how he is feeling and will help decide whether he should play.Good Luck

Reactions: The Howler

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Only one game but wow Gaudreau looks like the real deal. I would sit him and put him back sunday. He is 16 and I am sure he knows how he is feeling and will help decide whether he should play.Good Luck
I’m just hoping his knee isn’t all puffed up after his first game of the year. Only a fool would play him all 3 this weekend in any case (so I guess we can’t rule that out, if you know what I mean). Langevin tonight, Gaudreau Sunday - pleeease!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sitting Voit & Berka tonight. Lets just take all the skill out of are bottom-6. Great idea. It annoys me to no end how little of a chance berka has had to flourish with this team.

Reactions: robp1219

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sitting Voit & Berka tonight. Lets just take all the skill out of are bottom-6. Great idea. It annoys me to no end how little of a chance berka has had to flourish with this team.
Funny, I was considering a “why did I come to North America” rant about Berka a couple days ago. The guy comes all this way to get crap minutes on a 0-7 team. It’s just wrong, IMO

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I don’t think hill and burke both need to be in the lineup one or the other or none, hatcher must want langevin to take the weekend off and rest and forget about his start of the season makes sense but I don’t like gaudrea playing all 3 games

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I don’t think hill and burke both need to be in the lineup one or the other or none, hatcher must want langevin to take the weekend off and rest and forget about his start of the season makes sense but I don’t like gaudrea playing all 3 games
Nevermind langevin in net, hopefully he feels less pressure having another goalie that can play now

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
We are finally playing well & beating the best team in the country & the feed cuts. Lmao of course.

Well a lead is a lead when your playing a team as good as Oshawa's. Definitely have to calm it down, can't win 10-9 vs a team as offensively gifted as them

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Huge win for the sting, back to back wins, both goalies get a win under their belt...big confidence boost, now need to take care of business Sunday and climb the standing....roth was a huge pick up, he will be lights out next year, I’m glad rees is making up for his bone head play in game 1... hjorth is getting better and better, can’t wait to see mast next year he will be unreal I think

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Wow!! Sarnia gives Oshawa there first L of the season. Not something i saw coming. What a performance from the whole team but Especially Roth, Rees, Josling, Hatcher, Mast & Langevin! They dominated tonight.

Now we return home to face KGN all of a sudden there is hope!! Lets go!! :banana:

Reactions: LDN

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Wow, let’s go boys!!! Keep it going!!! Gotta tighten up in our own end and get the shots against down but holy cow, the offence has been resurrected!!! Josling is on a mission right now!! My god!

Reactions: robp1219

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Your forward core is very solid and should be able to cover defensive shortcomings. Didnt see you guys as a bottom of the standings team... mid-lower but not bottom

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Wow!! Sarnia gives Oshawa there first L of the season. Not something i saw coming. What a performance from the whole team but Especially Roth, Rees, Josling, Hatcher, Mast & Langevin! They dominated tonight.

Now we return home to face KGN all of a sudden there is hope!! Lets go!! :banana:
Is hatcher back to playing simple defensive hockey? He was a good dman when he did that, every game this year he’s been trying to be an offensive guy which he isn’t

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Your forward core is very solid and should be able to cover defensive shortcomings. Didnt see you guys as a bottom of the standings team... mid-lower but not bottom
Still awaiting season debuts from our best defensive defenceman in reesor and our best player mcgregor

Reactions: Uncle

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Is hatcher back to playing simple defensive hockey? He was a good dman when he did that, every game this year he’s been trying to be an offensive guy which he isn’t
He has definitely tightened up this weekend. Alot better. Along with Hjorth.

Said it the other day Offensively we have 2 really good scoring lines, a solid 3rd line & a young 4th line. We should be able score with almost any team. If Langevin & Gaudreau play like they have the last two nights (ik 49/50 is unrealistic lol) we are in good shape.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
He has definitely tightened up this weekend. Alot better. Along with Hjorth.

Said it the other day Offensively we have 2 really good scoring lines, a solid 3rd line & a young 4th line. We should be able score with almost any team. If Langevin & Gaudreau play like they have the last two nights (ik 49/50 is unrealistic lol) we are in good shape.
Agreed especially with reesor and mcgregor yet to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad